What the hell is going on with Ronfez.net? Used to be chill

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilkmanDan

Uncontrollable Urge
Jan 13, 2003
Philly
I popped over there as one of the few other boards I check out these days. (I'm going have to give up the WB ambassador title to another)
Its some of the most negative shit, members attacking each other. When in doubt attack Wackbag.
I felt like I was reading one of the minor league boards, RF.Net isnt Minor League.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
I popped over there as one of the few other boards I check out these days. (I'm going have to give up the WB ambassador title to another)
Its some of the most negative shit, members attacking each other. When in doubt attack Wackbag.
I felt like I was reading one of the minor league boards, RF.Net isnt Minor League.
I get the total opposite feeling there, besides minimal drama they are pretty good about not bashing each other and the shows, even OnA who gets bashed alot is defended like crazy to the 4 or 5 haters.

I will agree though that if a negative poster says shit its all "you must be from WB" or "this isnt WB"
I must say I have WB in my user name over there and havent been bashed once, actually the total opposite has happened... alot of people have been really cool and friendly.

I consider RnF.net my second board and I check it daily

MilkmanDan

Uncontrollable Urge
Jan 13, 2003
Philly
I get the total opposite feeling there, besides minimal drama they are pretty good about not bashing each other and the shows, even OnA who gets bashed alot is defended like crazy to the 4 or 5 haters.

I will agree though that if a negative poster says shit its all "you must be from WB" or "this isnt WB"
I must say I have WB in my user name over there and havent been bashed once, actually the total opposite has happened... alot of people have been really cool and friendly.

I consider RnF.net my second board and I check it daily
Same, the "it must be WB, etc" shit really grates on me. its been going on forever and the RF community at WB isnt that way. Rises my Irish and I'm not even Irish. Well not going to stop shitdicks like snoogans or spoon, so let them go with it.

Friday

Fezzing Out
May 1, 2007
elsewhere
Same, the "it must be WB, etc" shit really grates on me. its been going on forever and the RF community at WB isnt that way. Rises my Irish and I'm not even Irish. Well not going to stop shitdicks like snoogans or spoon, so let them go with it.
Hi Milky.... I have to admit I feel a little guilty for bringing the WB name into things. I basically said that I was coming here because I enjoy a place where people have spinal columns and firm, thick skin. And there was a negative comment about WB posted after that.
But considering the source... it was meaningless. I promise.

And I really like it here... everyone has been pretty damn cool.

RF.net is a great place. It can be a little bland at times, which is why I have become a new wackbagger..... i need variety. I think that last nights little argument may have struck a nerve with some, though. Oh well... it happens.

I keep telling people... it's a Message Board. You can't take things too seriously all the time or it will turn just as stressful as daily life!

And... scene ;)

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
That is and always has been my #1 complaint with Ronfez.net.

Some on there have this stuck up, snobby attitude towards Wackbag and other boards like Ronfez is above them all. They piss on Wackbaggers a lot.

I love both boards personally. I like Ronfez for certian things and I like Wackbag for others. Neither one is perfect, but what in this life is?

Is you don't like the attitude over at Ronfez Milkman, I'm sorry to hear that. I mean that, it's not a "Did ya" kind of sarcastic reply. I think the staff and members without their heads up their own asses have done a lot recently to kinda do an "Out with the old in with the new" sweep of the place and turned it MUCH more positive and new poster friendly.

If it's only a few cunts, tell them to go shit in their hat and post with the rest of us.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
Like every forum, there are some douches at RF.net and some cool folks as well. I just pushed past 100 posts there so I have spent a fair amount of time there, here's my outlook:

Pluses:
> Saint MikeyBoy, the greatest show fan to every live
> less folks spewing lil jimmy / ONA lines trying to be shawking
> some great chicks there
> more respect for ESD (obviously this depends on your POV)

Minuses:
> people don't seem as interested in the show as they are in networking with each other and just shooting the shit. i guess after being around so long, the regulars have discussed the shit out of the show and just prefer to hang out and bullshit more.. i think forums like this where we are newer to the RNF show and it's fresher to us, we are more intrigued by it and enjoy discussing it more....
> not much respect for other forums (esp wackbag, although the delightful Friday seems to like it here)
> takes 10 clicks to get to the forum!
> people seem to take things pretty personally there
> personal preference: lots of threads seem to end up being silly pics, totally offtopic, and not related to the thread (i don't mind this sometimes, but I do like a good serious discussion too)
> not trying to shit on it here and knowing i'll piss off folks but to be honest: but other than mikeyboy who seems to proactively moderate and does a great job, it seems to be pretty haphazardly moderated in "asleep at the wheel" kind of way. sometimes brutal shit goes unchecked, sometimes innocent shit is cracked down on, seems pretty inconsistent. i prefer the modding here, which is a testament to the quality of WB.

overall it's a good forum, but i do feel it needs to be rejuvenated and reawakened. i can honestly say without mikeyboy it would be dead in the water.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
Hi Milky.... I have to admit I feel a little guilty for bringing the WB name into things. I basically said that I was coming here because I enjoy a place where people have spinal columns and firm, thick skin. And there was a negative comment about WB posted after that.
But considering the source... it was meaningless. I promise.

And I really like it here... everyone has been pretty damn cool.

RF.net is a great place. It can be a little bland at times, which is why I have become a new wackbagger..... i need variety. I think that last nights little argument may have struck a nerve with some, though. Oh well... it happens.

I keep telling people... it's a Message Board. You can't take things too seriously all the time or it will turn just as stressful as daily life!

And... scene ;)
You shouldnt feel guilty, you didnt bring up WB to bash it. If someone else then runs with it it isnt your fault.

For the most part WB and RnF get along pretty well and alot of posters go to both boards. If there are haters on either side, oh well

Minuses:
> people don't seem as interested in the show as they are in networking with each other and just shooting the shit. i guess after being around so long, the regulars have discussed the shit out of the show and just prefer to hang out and bullshit more.. i think forums like this where we are newer to the RNF show and it's fresher to us, we are more intrigued by it and enjoy
this place may have alot of show discussion but for the mos part we do the same shit. Look at the off topic forum, or sports, or video games.
Thats why I like these boards, its fans talking about other shit besides the show.
And a lot of us here have been RnF fans as long as the "old skool" .net guys.... but I do see your point

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
That is and always has been my #1 complaint with Ronfez.net.

Some on there have this stuck up, snobby attitude towards Wackbag and other boards like Ronfez is above them all. They piss on Wackbaggers a lot.

I love both boards personally. I like Ronfez for certian things and I like Wackbag for others. Neither one is perfect, but what in this life is?

Is you don't like the attitude over at Ronfez Milkman, I'm sorry to hear that. I mean that, it's not a "Did ya" kind of sarcastic reply. I think the staff and members without their heads up their own asses have done a lot recently to kinda do an "Out with the old in with the new" sweep of the place and turned it MUCH more positive and new poster friendly.

If it's only a few cunts, tell them to go shit in their hat and post with the rest of us.

Moe - have you felt yourself drifting away from the show more lately? I miss your regular call-ins (sure you still call but doesn't seem as often).

You are definitely the coolest fan of the show there is, I've come to really respect you considering I started out making a photoshop of you jerking off RNF (that was before I was a RNF fan obviously). I like how you pitbull for the show on boards and stick your neck out there.

with this recent gathering, it's clear GVAC didn't come back which is sad. he's also a very special (not in a retarded way) fan and i hope he makes his way back to the fold. i guess he needed a break, which we all do from time to time....

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
Like every forum, there are some douches at RF.net and some cool folks as well. I just pushed past 100 posts there so I have spent a fair amount of time there, here's my outlook:

Pluses:

Minuses:
> people don't seem as interested in the show as they are in networking with each other and just shooting the shit. i guess after being around so long, the regulars have discussed the shit out of the show and just prefer to hang out and bullshit more.. i think forums like this where we are newer to the RNF show and it's fresher to us, we are more intrigued by it and enjoy discussing it more....
> not much respect for other forums (esp wackbag, although the delightful Friday seems to like it here)
> personal preference: lots of threads seem to end up being silly pics, totally offtopic, and not related to the thread (i don't mind this sometimes, but I do like a good serious discussion too)
> not trying to shit on it here and knowing i'll piss off folks but to be honest: but other than mikeyboy who seems to proactively moderate and does a great job, it seems to be pretty haphazardly moderated in "asleep at the wheel" kind of way. sometimes brutal shit goes unchecked, sometimes innocent shit is cracked down on, seems pretty inconsistent. i prefer the modding here, which is a testament to the quality of WB.

overall it's a good forum, but i do feel it needs to be rejuvenated and reawakened. i can honestly say without mikeyboy it would be dead in the water.
I pretty much agree with you on everything, and agree 200% with the area I bolded, underlined and put in red.

The best thing about Wackbag is no one takes shit into other forums or holds a grudge. I cannot tell you how many motherfucking whining cunts I've had to put up with on Ronfez.net. People taking things into other forums, headhunting my posts to attack, lying about me, making things up about me, generally trying to psychoanalyze me through the computer. It's dogshit.

If those kinds of people get in charge of Ronfez.net again I'll leave in a heartbeat, again.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
this place may have alot of show discussion but for the mos part we do the same shit. Look at the off topic forum, or sports, or video games.
Thats why I like these boards, its fans talking about other shit besides the show.
And most here have been RnF fans as long as the "old skool" .net guys.... but I do see your point
That's my point exactly. We do it in the right forums where it belongs. There it seems to be done in almost every thread. Every forum is going to have that kind of stuff, where members can bullshit about anything in off topic areas. A lot of times those areas are the most visited by the long time members since they have discussed the forum topic forever. But it's up to the mods to make sure it doesn't end up in the main area of the forum, and here they do that.

You know I realize I'm being a whiny cunt with my comments above and that's why lots of folks can't stand me... But fuck it, I gotta be me (a whiny cunt) and speak my mind...

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
Moe - have you felt yourself drifting away from the show more lately? I miss your regular call-ins (sure you still call but doesn't seem as often).

You are definitely the coolest fan of the show there is, I've come to really respect you considering I started out making a photoshop of you jerking off RNF (that was before I was a RNF fan obviously). I like how you pitbull for the show on boards and stick your neck out there.

with this recent gathering, it's clear GVAC didn't come back which is sad. he's also a very special (not in a retarded way) fan and i hope he makes his way back to the fold. i guess he needed a break, which we all do from time to time....
Well thank you sir. "It's not about me, douchebag" but I will answer your question about the show.

Ron and Fez's timeslot have forced me away from the show more, it's not my choice. When they were on in the evening I had the chance to interact, now that they're only on during the day while I work I can't do anything.

I miss SO MUCH Ron and Fez now it's a fucking crime. I was recording the show on my MyFi but I find I want to hear the O&A replay when I am home during the evening so I only hear Ron and Fez for a few mintues at midnight before I nod off and catch whole shows on the weekends. I am a full 5 days behind on show events now and I FUCKING HATE IT. But it is what it is.

I'm not going to go back to bitching about their shit timeslot or O&A having too many replays on 202. I've done all my complaining and I've made peace with the situation. BUT......Until the faggots at XM give Ron and Fez their own channel, I will never be truly happy with the deal.

As for GVAC, I must have missed what caused him to leave. Maybe he got in the middle of some stupid messageboard fight. It really can wear on you when all you do is fight everytime you sign on to a site that's supposed to be a way to relax, joke around and discuss a show. I have always liked him, respect him, think he's a great musician and hope he comes back soon.

Or hell, let him come here!

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
Some people like R&F and not O&A and some people like O&A and not R&F. So it shouldn't be a surprise that some on a primarily R&F board won't like a primarily O&A board and vice versa. Add in the occasional rant by O&A about shit they hate about message boards without naming any specific board, and people immediately assume they mean Wackbag (I'll break down the 32nd wall real quick and give people a clue....Wackbag has years of built up trust with O&A. They know how we operate and when they want to trash something on Wackbag or have a problem with the board, they aren't afraid to mention us by name because they know we won't turn on them. So when O&A don't actually name the board they have a problem with, chances are it isn't Wackbag), they tend to take that negativity toward Wackbag and run with it. You just have to deal with the individuals that hate Wackbag ona case by case basis. But the Admins at RonFez.net have always been very cool with us and they have shown themselves time and again to have the best interest of the show and their members in mind. So RonFez.net is cool with me.

I am a full 5 days behind on show events now and I FUCKING HATE IT.
Let me help you out with that.

Dave screamed like a maniac and ate his own shit while Fez cheered him on and Earl fucked up and quit.

Dave screamed like a maniac and drank his own piss while Fez cheered him on and Earl fucked up then decided he didn't quit....then fucked up again.

Dave screamed like a maniac while Fez danced on a pole and Earl fucked up.

Ron was disgusted with them all.

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
Let me help you out with that.

Dave screamed like a maniac and ate his own shit while Fez cheered him on and Earl fucked up and quit.

Dave screamed like a maniac and drank his own piss while Fez cheered him on and Earl fucked up then decided he didn't quit....then fucked up again.

Thank you sir! You make listening to the actual show seem pointless now! :p

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
The best thing about Wackbag is no one takes shit into other forums or holds a grudge. I cannot tell you how many motherfucking whining cunts I've had to put up with on Ronfez.net.
How ironic. The board with the people who take things super-personally have the hosts that don't give a shit and the board with the people who don't give a shit have the hosts who take things super-personally.

I don't mind RF.net. I've started posting there a bit more lately. I don't really get involved in the personal drama threads though. I find life easier that way. But I do get a somewhat snobbish attitude towards Baggers and O+A fans all around.

Friday

Fezzing Out
May 1, 2007
elsewhere
How ironic. The board with the people who take things super-personally have the hosts that don't give a shit and the board with the people who don't give a shit have the hosts who take things super-personally.

Jimmy going on and on against some poster on a messageboard had to be one of the nuttiest things I have heard in awhile. I was very surprised. lol

But I do get a somewhat snobbish attitude towards Baggers and O+A fans all around.
You have Anthony to blame for this! ...hehe. After the Bash and after every event he attends he likes to go on and on about how well behaved the RF fans are and how he and Opie have raised their fans badly....etc etc... lol. He has inadvertently given us a higher class ranking .

I keed!!

:cat2:

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Jimmy going on and on against some poster on a messageboard had to be one of the nuttiest things I have heard in awhile. I was very surprised. lol
I thought Opie was crazier. Opie, who went on and on about the "I don't care means you care" with Stern did like 5 minutes about how Half a Cunt Face didn't like the Brett Michaels interview and how he should just change his feedback name because he's not fooling anybody. But Opie didn't care and how it doesn't get to him , he was just doing it to help HACF.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
I thought Opie was crazier. Opie, who went on and on about the "I don't care means you care" with Stern did like 5 minutes about how Half a Cunt Face didn't like the Brett Michaels interview and how he should just change his feedback name because he's not fooling anybody. But Opie didn't care and how it doesn't get to him , he was just doing it to help HACF.

has anyone evr seen a post by half a cunt face???

I dont think I have

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY

:clap::haha7::clap::haha7::clap::haha7:

You should be doing a weekly recap, simply succinct.

SilasMarner

Aug 18, 2006
Canada

Pluses:

Minuses:

I agree big-time w/your terrific summary RMPGP.

I would add;

Positives=In addition to mikeyBoy,Some long-time fans and many Friends-of-the-show/insiders.....so among other things, some extra perspective on the circus.

However, i agree somewhat less that they can be negative towards other boards (wackbag in particular)= ....i think this is more related to your point of so many LONG-time fans/board members, that too many threads quickly turn into insider jokes, seen-it-before or not-interested hijacks (imo, a few-but-prolific posters who unfortunately often seem more interested in their own point than the thread's)

......but i suppose that is often what often happens with older boards Vs relatively new ones.

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
It shouldn't suprise you really. There are some posters on some message boards that go on and on about Jimmy every day. Every once in a while Jimmy likes to give it back.

We're pretty sure we know who that is and we're pretty sure Opie knows who it is too. He's not really from Wackbag although he's been banned a few times before. I don't think Opie was pissed about anything he was saying. He's was just annoyed at his constant feedback slamming the show. I'm sure he's probably bragging about it somewhere on SFN.

mikeyboy

Dec 19, 2002
- We go through some kind of turmoil every six months where people get kind of pissed off at each other and vent. It usually sorts itself out. I think we're in that right now. The last time we were in it, the show got a classic piece of audio from Irish Alkey.

- As for the anti-WB thing, it does happen. It's of course not the official position of the board, and the staff discourages attacks on any board because the board war shit is dumb and tends to paint our entire community as against one particular board, which is kind of far from the truth.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Is this where I say the thing about toast??

Where's Turtle when you need him?

Status
Not open for further replies.