What the hell is this crap? (Christians I'm looking at you)

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
Aug 19, 2005
Chicago, IL. Southside, stupid.
C'mon guys, this is getting a bit out of hand. The most recent Virgin-Mary-appearance-on-an-inanimate-object.
Anyone care to explain this one? (Convincingly, I mean)
How are people so stupid in the year 2007? I figure if anyone would be qualified to answer that, it'd be denizens of the bag.

Link to it here : http://dothanfirst.com/content/fulltext/?cid=7244

Article and picture below :

Whatever stupid paper finds this newsworthy said:

Believers say they can see the image of the Virgin Mary on a garage door in Pennsylvania. Word of the Holy Mother's unexplainable appearance has brought crowds to the city of Minersville to see it. "It's amazing. It's really amazing," said Cecelia Sell who traveled from another county to see the image.

She and her family came to see an image of what they believe is the Blessed Mary, the Mother of God. "I don't know how to explain it because it just appears before you," Sell said.

The image appears on a garage door. The image shows up every night around 6:00 and has done so since August 15, the feast of the assumption of mary for Catholics. The reason why is a complete mystery.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Catholics are on crack is what it comes down to. I never understood the whole praying to saints and all the bullshit.

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
sharing the planet with people who come up with that shit fucking terrifies me.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Pops up at 6?

Sounds like the local utility needs to change the streetlight housing.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
It's no grilled cheese sandwich but I can kind of see it. You can see the head and arms and then in the middle i guess she holds Jesus. If a slight discoloration on a garage door isn't definitive proof of god then I don't know what to tell ya.

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
Why are people always on wackbag, looking for christians? [noparse]THEY ARE NOT HERE!!!!![/noparse]

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Some Christians need some sort of wacky God interventional proof.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Soo sick of these wackadoos...and I am betting it is Catholics. It is my understanding that my ilk are the only ones who venerate Mary like that...every other christian group I know see Mary as a mortal who popped out the God's Son and pretty much it.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Ok... we get it. Some people aren't religious. That's fine. Some are, and some are members of this board. Enough with the unilateral bashing already. Things have gotten ugly in the past due to similar things being said. It won't be allowed to happen again.

Grow a sack and go talk some shit about Muslims on an Arab messageboard somewhere. Make sure you use your real name and maybe post your home address. Make sure your will is up to date, too.

Many in the media seem to relish in attacking people with religious beliefs. It seems to be in-style now, but they stop short of going after the Muslims - hence the recent incident with the Doonesbury comic. Everything's fine as long long as it's a docile target.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Ok... we get it. Some people aren't religious. That's fine. Enough with the unilateral bashing of those who are.

Grow a sack and go talk shit about Muslims. Make sure your will is up to date.
I am religious...sheesh! Just tired of the people who go nuts on it

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
That wasn't directed toward you, sir.

There have been problems in the past. There won't be problems again.

Schmed

I'm a corpse without a soul...
Nov 4, 2002
Shitsville, NY
Ok... we get it. Some people aren't religious. That's fine. Some are, and some are members of this board. Enough with the unilateral bashing already. Things have gotten ugly in the past due to similar things being said. It won't be allowed to happen again.

Grow a sack and go talk some shit about Muslims on an Arab messageboard somewhere. Make sure you use your real name and maybe post your home address. Make sure your will is up to date, too.

Many in the media seem to relish in attacking people with religious beliefs. It seems to be in-style now, but they stop short of going after the Muslims - hence the recent incident with the Doonesbury comic. Everything's fine as long long as it's a docile target.
Yes, 100% correct. If you ever notice with the media, specifically CNN, whenever they talk about any mosque or Muslim holiday, they stick in the word "Holy" before the holiday name or mosque name.

Xyn

3 letters, 0 meaning
Mar 3, 2005
California
I'm sick of people chickening out over going after Islam, but I also deal with Christians a lot more often in my every day life, so I do tend to make fun of them more often.

If the story was about some muslim seeing Mohammed on a garage door, I'd think they were just as far out of their minds.

But what's wrong with attacking Christianity? Just becuase it's a "safe" target (not as safe a target as attacking whites or men, but still pretty safe), doesn't mean it shouldn't be attacked.

Fuck people and their silly beliefs. If someone can't take criticism, fuck em.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
So we can't make fun of Muslims anymore either?

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Those muslim fuckers have been fucking with us since the crusades....I say fuck-em

Absolutely

Self-Heavy
Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
I can kind of see it, but in the same way I've seen Jay Leno in a Lay's

"It's amazing. It's really amazing," said Cecelia Sell who traveled from another county to see the image.
That's sick.

The image appears on a garage door. The image shows up every night around 6:00 and has done so since August 15, the feast of the assumption of mary for Catholics. The reason why is a complete mystery.
Or a complete sham.
You can see anything in anything. I've seen Jimi Hendrix in a cloud, but I don't call anyone to report it, because that would be insane. Somehow this isn't?

Whenever one of these Marys pop up, or someone has a vision of a saint or jesus it reminds me of The Simpson's "Praiseland"