What to do in San Fran?

Off-White-Power

High maintenance, low tolerance
May 12, 2007
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Hi folks. I'll be in San Fran the week of Sept 10th. I've been there before and have been to the wharf district. Is there anything I should definitely see? Husband will be with me (boooo). Thx.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
It's San Fran so you should probably see the pussy of some women with a buzzcut pressed up against your lips... Or the Golden Gate Bridge. :action-sm

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Alcatraz is def. fun if you are into that thing. You could always pop over to Oakland and dodge some bullets. If you are willing to make the mad dash through Oaktown Berkley is a pretty cool town. Lots of cool stores and dirty hippies.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
I was just there in early July.

We went to Seal Rock, rented bikes and rode over the GGB into Sausaulito. Hung out at the park. Lots of cool retaurants, bars, and places to eat. Just stay out of the Tenderloin district.

TomC

uppity neobarb
Aug 1, 2006
Charleston, SC
Just watched Anthony Bourdain's The Layover about San Fran and was thinking it would be cool to do the shit he does, stays out the tourist areas. Watch the show. Was there a week but stuck working in a ship yard, but had time to take the ferry, i get say I saw a bunch of shit, and ferry goes in a big loop and you end up back where you started and it was cheap.

Off-White-Power

May 12, 2007
Shenandoah Valley, VA
I've taken the ferry around Alcatraz already and saw the gg bridge (sigh, no jumpers -- great movie!). Might do Sausalito but pass on the buzz cut pussies lol

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Are you going to have a car?

If you're into wine tasting, Napa Valley is pretty close, and driving a few hours north or south on Highway 1 along the coast is pretty cool... north maybe a little better unless you want to see Monterey/Pebble Beach/Santa Cruz (which is south). If you go south you can also check out the giant redwoods at Big Basin State Park... that's a must for some people which I don't really understand, but then again I see redwood trees every day.

Sausaulito was pretty cool the last time I went (to back up Blazin's suggestion), but that was ten years ago. If you're there through the following Sunday, the 49ers are playing the Lions at home.

Joe Derosa is at the Punch Line pretty much that whole week (at least the 12th-15th). I would definitely go to that show if I were down there.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Joe-Derosa-tickets/artist/1080636

Eat at In N Out at least once.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Silverdale, WA
Hit Golden Gate Park and see the Science Museum, DeYoung, and Tea Garden

Punch a hippie at Haight-Ashbury

Play in the park overlooking the houses from Full House

Ride a cable car to the Rice A Roni outlet store

Catch a Giants game at AT&T park

Go shopping in the Union Square area

Drive to Napa and drink wine

Visit the Jelly Belly factory

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Visit the Jelly Belly factory
Holy shit, best suggestion yet. I went there hungover as shit and it was still fun. Especially the part at the end of the tour when we raided the "Pick your own" gift shop area. Good times.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Kidnap whales.

Also, smell your own farts.

Off-White-Power

May 12, 2007
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Great suggestions! On my to-do list in no particular order: Joe DeRosa for sure, hippie punching, Sausilito, and union square.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
Eat at In N Out at least once.
I'm so obsessed with In N Out, I went there as much as I can. Thank God for Google Maps to tell me where they are.

I ate there 4 times in 8 days.

The last one, in Vegas, we walked over a mile to get to in 105* heat.

Kugzilla

Roar. Go: Eagles, Flyers, Philles, Buckeyes, etc.
Oct 7, 2005
Northern Virginia
I was there a year ago last April and have notes I'll go through when I get back to the office at home. So many cool places to eat. I'll get back to you

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I'm so obsessed with In N Out, I went there as much as I can. Thank God for Google Maps to tell me where they are.

I ate there 4 times in 8 days.

The last one, in Vegas, we walked over a mile to get to in 105* heat.
Yeah it is pretty awesome. Unfortunately I live in one of the few places in California where the closest In-N-Out is over 3 hours away, so I eat there whenever I have to travel.

Kugzilla

Roar. Go: Eagles, Flyers, Philles, Buckeyes, etc.
Oct 7, 2005
Northern Virginia
Couple of notes from my Facebook from let year that I just looked up:

Zushi puzzle, best susi in city.
Irish bank-cool Irish place.
Buena vista-birthplace of Irish coffee. Good brunch.
If you are into Kerouac and the beat writers checkout the beat museum, city lights bookstore, and vesuvios bar. Pretty cool spots.
Coit tower was cool. Nice view and cook wpa era murals.
.I forget the name but if you like Bogart the bar from the malteese falcon is there with the actuak falcon.
Also there is a word of mouth speakeasy that I wrote the name down at home.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
Dont forget to visit the Painted Ladies and sing the Full House theme song.

Its on Steiner

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Obligatory The Room reference!