What were your favorite Xmas presents ever?

MurphCO

Donator
Yes it’s gay, but that “it’s the 32nd anniversary of me not getting GIJoe toy” meme made me nostalgic

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
the Atari 2600 I got as a kid in 80 or 81 was mind blowingly cool . Still have it and all the games in a custom cabinet that looks like a coffee table my dad made next to me in my room here. But I rarely use it, the XBox emulator and my PS2 classics collections are just easier

ysr50

Donator
A dirt bike. Learning how to ride/own a motorcycle as a preteen taught me lessons that have served me well for over 35 years.

DiggerNick

Donator
the Atari 2600 I got as a kid in 80 or 81 was mind blowingly cool
Same here. Although a few years later getting the metal version of the lion Voltron was pretty awesome. That might have been the year my mother secretly got a credit card to buy presents and when my Dad found out he immediately made her cut it up.

My childhood was just wonderful. :rolleyes:

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
I got a Pentax K 1000 when I was 13, I coveted that camera, I still have it, then when I was 17 I got a Nikon 2020, I still have both. The other weird gift was an izod pull over hoodie that my aunt those bought me I wore that thing till it fell apart, she actually bought me a couple of cool gifts over the years

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
The original Star Wars AT-AT.
Same...Christmas 1981. I remember sneaking down and seeing the big box wrapped up under the tree.

Honestly, the only other present I distinctly remember getting for Christmas was the Bruce Springsteen boxed set from 1985. And I hate Bruce Springsteen now.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
My first firearm, a Marlin bolt action .22 I got when I was 10.

MurphCO

Donator
The next two years after we got the Atari 2600 we got lots of cartridges hidden in boxes with pajamas or socks.....shirt box type boxes

We used to open them early with a razor,cutting the tape carefully, removing the cartridge and replacing the game box back into the present and re-taped them shut.

We wore out the fun of a few games before it was even Christmas, Pitfall was one.....

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
the Atari 2600 I got as a kid in 80 or 81 was mind blowingly cool . Still have it and all the games in a custom cabinet that looks like a coffee table my dad made next to me in my room here. But I rarely use it, the XBox emulator and my PS2 classics collections are just easier
Fuck yes. I was wandering into my 6th Christmas and got that exact one with 6 games. I sat in front of the TV for 5 straight hours. Adventure, Asteroids, Yar's Revenge, River Raid, Pitfall, Frogger?

vadersnutz

Same...Christmas 1981. I remember sneaking down and seeing the big box wrapped up under the tree.

Honestly, the only other present I distinctly remember getting for Christmas was the Bruce Springsteen boxed set from 1985. And I hate Bruce Springsteen now.
The AT-AT and a few years later..Megatron. Still have both, but I gave them to my kids.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
We were an Intellivision family. I didn't get a 2600 until I found one at a yard sale in like 1989.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
That game got crazy hard when the big square starts going really quick chasing you around the field and you can't park more than one second anywhere to fire at the shield

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
The reason I didn’t list the Atari is because my parents were to cheep to buy me any games, I think I had combat and pac man and that was it