OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

What's going on in London?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Owenay, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Owenay

Owenay Those who fail to learn from history are doomed...

Damn, that's some burnin'!

2. Danesy

Danesy Cute but psycho, it all evens out.

With everything else going on, I'm convinced it's the apocalypse. I'm going to retire to my bunker before this gets any worse.

3. Psychopath

Psychopath Plata O Plomo

This is literately how the fallout games start.

4. Psychopath

Psychopath Plata O Plomo

[video=youtube;TCw9_avTlYs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCw9_avTlYs[/video]
    Play this while you watch the video footage.

5. Danesy

And I'm a-skeeerrreed. I was talking with my roommate about everything earlier and we got into an argument. His attitude is "fuck it, we can't control it". I was losing my shit. He said the reason he doesn't watch the news is because all it does is scare the shit out of people and turn them into panicky people like I am right now. I wanted to beat him to death with a frying pan. How you could be so nonchalant about all this is fucking baffling to me.

6. OAarchive

OAarchive Banned

UGH! I found out about this when some cunty coworker was cheering them on on Facebook. I made a point to mention that destroying the property and lives of your fellow countrymen is probably not the most appropriate and proper way to make your opinion known and gather support for your cause.

She never replied...

7. MTJonny

MTJonny All my posts come with a free smile
    Donator

Because caring overly much over it has accomplished what for you?

8. Danesy

That's pretty much what he said. And I see your point. But to not care at all? And then to say to me that this is good, maybe it will start a revolution and then things will change. I don't think what they're doing now in London is going to change anything.

9. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

The thing is we can't really do anything to stop it... the best is to prepare for the outcome. The first thing that will happen is probably a drastic increase in the cost of goods (food, fuel, etc), so ask yourself how to mitigate that. Secondly will probably be energy shortages. Both those will lead to unemployment, and all three will lead to rioting.

I'm not really worried beyond sacrificing my way of life. I have the ability to live off the grid tomorrow if need be. It would be a very rough first winter, but it's possible. Right now I'm just glad I don't live in a highly populated area.

In all likelihood things wont get that bad, but we're closer to this happening than we've been in a long time (maybe ever).

10. OAarchive

OAarchive Banned

Well it's made her aware and informed about what is going on around her. Regardless of whether she can do anything about it or not she will be in a better position than her roommate will be in when reality smacks him in the face.

Maybe she decides to watch her spending now while her roommate lives carefree. If shit hits the fan she will have some money put away while the roommate is broke and in trouble because the paychecks stopped coming in.

11. Owenay

Owenay Those who fail to learn from history are doomed...

It's that very mentality that allows all this shit to happen. If more people gave a shit the world wouldn't be such a mess. We've become a race of 'Icantdoshit', 'Idontwandoshit', and 'Gimmedat'.

12. justifyyourgarb

justifyyourgarb You drab South Bend cocksuckers are all the same.

Great pic off Reddit.
    [​IMG]

13. Psychopath

Psychopath Plata O Plomo

14. OAarchive

OAarchive Banned

Personally I have secured my future by purchasing some farmland and some CO2 bottles. The way I figure it the man who controls the watermelon and grape soda in South Jersey will also have at his disposal a moderately sized army.

15. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

In reality that probably just paints a giant bulls-eye on you. You over-estimate the loyalty of that type of army.

16. OAarchive

OAarchive Banned

Here is the beauty of it though. We are talking about people that don't exactly know how to work. Since I would be the only one able and willing to tend to the farm they have no choice but to follow me. They can continue to do what they love, taking my food and drank with no appreciation and killing people.

Though I may need to invite the Mexicans into my nation to help with the farm. Does anyone know how to make Tequila?

17. Danesy

Leave it to you to make me laugh out of this whole thing!!

And in all honesty, I'm currently unemployed, been searching frantically for 2 years now and with all this happening I am in full blown panic mode. So yea, maybe I am being silly and all that, but in my situation I'm scared shitless.

18. Psychopath

Psychopath Plata O Plomo

It's like the bombing of London during ww2.

19. MTJonny

Donator

I never said not caring is not prepared, nor did i claim to be uninformed. I don't believe for a second that a riot in another country is somehow going propagate a revolution here in America, yet I am for more equipped then most to live through such an event. It comes from living in Montana, where some bad luck on a road trip can leave you lost, without supplies, and hundred miles from the nearest town even if you know what way to go (And your looked upon as strange if you don't own some sort of firearm). But fretting over something like this to the point where it affects your current state is silly. You can't do anything and odds strongly favor that your life wont change in the slightest because of it.

That is such bullshit, especially in this context. A man was shoot and therefore gave certain individuals the right to burn, riot, and violence? Fuck that and everyone that contributed. Will really being affected by whats happening over there make the situation any better? Not whatsoever, so I will continue on how I normally do. I care when there is a point in caring. While I feel sorry for the victims, if a person truly felt sorry for the dejected all over the world they wouldn't have time for anything else.

20. MTJonny

Donator

Holy shit, I thought throughout this thread that I was talking to a rational Kirk Strong. That used to be his avatar right? I may be going crazy.

21. Danesy

For the record MT, I'm not overly concerned about the dejected around the world. I was referring to the overall situation here in the US. And how it's going to affect my currently unemployed ass. This in London, was just one more insane thing happening recently that just makes you wonder WTF is happening. Trust me, I don't spend my entire day worrying and panicking...

22. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

This is going to get worse before it gets better, and it WILL be happening here.

23. MTJonny

Donator

That I can understand. Being upset by how fucked up our situation is over here is something i can completely relate with. After moving to Denver and paying bills on the credit card for 4 months before finding a very low paying job, I can defiantly commiserate.

24. ruckstande

ruckstande Posts mostly from the shitter.

About fucking time. I want to see some important people have their blood spilled.

25. Yesterdays Hero

Yesterdays Hero She's better than you, Smirkalicious.

Whites acting Niggery. Great. This will turn out well.