What's going to happen with Audible?

mjbanks

Official Taint Painter
I can't start a new thread, so I'm putting it in here...

What's going to happen with audible? Will the back catalog be back? When will the shows resume there (will the best of CBS be available)?

I'm NOT going back to XM. I cancelled and sold my Inno. My new car has Sirius that came free for a year and I'm much happier with the music channels there. I plan on getting audible and listening to the boys on my iPod every day.

Side note, how much does audible cost for a year?

Debbie1125

I sent an email to Audible about this, and received the following response. I think the people in charge at XM are asswipes for taking down all of the past O&A shows.

In fact putting all of the old shows back on Audible will be one of the deciding factors in whether I re-subscribe to XM.

Dear Debbie,

Thank you for contacting Audible.com.

I do apologize for the delayed response, but I did do further research of the Opie & ANthony subscription, and we have not received an updated version as to what is to come after the suspension. So I have went ahead andl put in your request to our Content Department, but ultimately it is XM's decision on whether we can offer the program on our website after the suspension. So I just wanted to follow up with you about it, and your concern has been forwarded over. Thanks for your patience, and I just want you to know that we do value our customers. Have a Great Day.

If you need further assistance, please respond to this email. For Additional questions, feel free to use “Find An Answer” at our online Help center: http//www.audible.com/helpcenter or contact us directly by phone during our regular business hours:

Monday-Friday 9AM-10PM EST
Saturday 10AM-7PM EST

USA and Canada: 888-283-5051
International: 973-820-0400

mjbanks

Official Taint Painter
I'm afraid that even if XM does offer it back up, they wont put the back catalog of shows up. And they'll probably censor the show even further. I can recall a few times when they censored the audible show before, so I can only imagine what they're going to do now.

Debbie1125

I'm afraid that even if XM does offer it back up, they wont put the back catalog of shows up. And they'll probably censor the show even further. I can recall a few times when they censored the audible show before, so I can only imagine what they're going to do now.
Well, based on the fact that Audible took so long to respond to my email, and the fact that they still do not know if the O&A shows will be put back...I am leaning towards pessimism right now.

mjbanks

Official Taint Painter
I wanna support the show, but if audible doesn't have it, I'll have to look into syndication underground. There's no chance of me going back to XM

vcdburn

Jimmy's shaved sack
I can't start a new thread, so I'm putting it in here...

What's going to happen with audible? Will the back catalog be back? When will the shows resume there (will the best of CBS be available)?

I'm NOT going back to XM. I cancelled and sold my Inno. My new car has Sirius that came free for a year and I'm much happier with the music channels there. I plan on getting audible and listening to the boys on my iPod every day.

Side note, how much does audible cost for a year?
I got mine through Amazon.com for 9.99 per year. Search for Opie and Anthony. I assume it will be back up after the 15th, they have been sending me R&F daily. I have yet to listen to any of them, I never have.

vcdburn

Jimmy's shaved sack
Well, based on the fact that Audible took so long to respond to my email, and the fact that they still do not know if the O&A shows will be put back...I am leaning towards pessimism right now.
The Email they sent out to customers said they were going to transplant R&F until O&A return. They will be back on the 15th.