What's the purpose of separate vacations?

AnthonOpe

Apr 15, 2011
Do they get more time off because they get to fulfill a certain number of shows a year, or are their vacation days set and do they just hate each other?

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
It's because they hate each other. Since each of them have their own ideas about the direction of the show, they take separate vacations in order to show the audience how they can stand on their own.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Fodder for another stupid, pointless thread on Wackbag.

Stig

Making America So Great You Won't Believe It.
Jul 26, 2005
NH
Maybe they couldn't get reservations the same week?

blueribbie

registered dick hole
Jun 16, 2006
So we can get a week of awesome radio without...

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Do people even listen to the show? Sirius wants them to take separate vacations so there is live radio.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
I'm pretty sure they stopped vacationing together after Opie shit on the beach. Ant thought it was gross, he prefers shitting his pants in studio.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
I bet the last vacation they spent together was when they all lived in Judy's house.

Dikbag

Dec 11, 2004
NW Ohio
They used to go at the same time, It makes sense not to. I couldn't imagine having to coordinate taking my vacation days the same as a coworker. A While back they were dicussing how stupid it was that their staff came in when they were on vacation, O&A didn't seem do get why. How would you like it if you had to use your vacation days when your boss did. fuck that.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
A year or so ago they played a worst of where they vehemently said that if there is no Opie or Anthony on the show, there's no Opie & Anthony show because they're a team. They were gung ho about not doing a show if the other one wasn't in.

I chuckled when I heard that clip because of the radical policy shift.

That being said, when they take separate vacations, less Worst Of, and more weird shows. That being said, Opie's week on the radio was much stronger than Ant's this time around.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I'd rather hear worst ofs, personally. Since I'm in my phase of blaming their horrible production team for everything, I'm guessing the separate vacations are because the staff can't be bothered to put together quality Worst Ofs. Of course, the fact that they do hate each other enough to agree to separate vacations probably has contributed the declining quality of the show - therefore, not enough good material to put together a quality 8 weeks of Worst Ofs.

Basically a circular problem of them not having any chemistry with each other or their staff.

paffa2

Jul 21, 2011
That being said, when they take separate vacations, less Worst Of, and more weird shows. That being said, Opie's week on the radio was much stronger than Ant's this time around.
It usually is. Opie can definitely spot talent.. and...
steer the ship...
I shudder whenever I see it...

He's got latent talent and hosting abilities, we all see it. Even his comedy could be entertaining, with some writing or practice! Please work a little harder, open up to some objective criticism. I don't know if it's a stretch, but I think of Rob Liefeld...

Mr. Cumia is unfortunately running on vapors lately. I love the guy, but he only has two or three tricks up his sleeve. I think they really do need each other. And I think the vacation is refreshing for the two of em.

Oct 4, 2004
Las Vegas
I'd rather hear worst ofs, personally. Since I'm in my phase of blaming their horrible production team for everything, I'm guessing the separate vacations are because the staff can't be bothered to put together quality Worst Ofs. Of course, the fact that they do hate each other enough to agree to separate vacations probably has contributed the declining quality of the show - therefore, not enough good material to put together a quality 8 weeks of Worst Ofs.
Ever notice how the Listener Request Worst Ofs are better than the ones Sam and Erock put together?

stellarcomics

Jul 25, 2005
It usually is. Opie can definitely spot talent.. and...
steer the ship...
I shudder whenever I see it...

He's got latent talent and hosting abilities, we all see it. Even his comedy could be entertaining, with some writing or practice! Please work a little harder, open up to some objective criticism. I don't know if it's a stretch, but I think of Rob Liefeld...

Mr. Cumia is unfortunately running on vapors lately. I love the guy, but he only has two or three tricks up his sleeve. I think they really do need each other. And I think the vacation is refreshing for the two of em.
Most of these guys aren't comic book fans, so they don't know the dreadfulness that is rob liefeld. Hes probably the worlds worst/most famous comic book artist:

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I'm guessing the separate vacations are because the staff can't be bothered to put together quality Worst Ofs.
No, it's because live radio gets more listeners that replays. Worst ofs aren't that hard to put together. Adobe Audition is simple to use.

sanzen

Sep 20, 2011
No, it's because live radio gets more listeners that replays. Worst ofs aren't that hard to put together. Adobe Audition is simple to use.
He's not talking about production quality dipshit

content quality duh

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
Even I use Audition. But I think they use Pro Tools. But I sense that is fairly easy to use as well.

As much as they rag on Erock, he does tend to organize potential Worst-Of clips well.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
He's not talking about production quality dipshit

content quality duh
Yes, if they would only give the job to someone who isn't an air-time whore. I never listen unless it's a special theme like a Patrice or Best of Bob Kelly.