What's up with PRIDE FC

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
I heard they're waiting to see what they want to do with it. my personal opinion is they're letting guys get clean for the upcoming drug tests. how many guys will go down the tubes?
I dont think that has anything to do with the zuffa purchase. most of the marquee fighters in pride are the least likely mma fighters to be in steroids- both nogs, shogun, fedor, henderson.

my opinion is dana white is taking what he wants, and once hes done, he'll leave the japanese management theyve already selected, to pick up the pieces and scraps and put an organization back together.

the thing thats slowing everything down is the contracts. pride contracts were mostly non exclusive, and ufc only signs exclusive contracts. thats the main sticking point with Fedor, he wants to be able to do smaller shows in russia to make the sport grow there. an ego like dana white's cant let that happen. but fedor states on his own website a verbal agreement has been reached. I heard rogan on sherdog insinuate that fedors management is russian mafia. who knows

askewcore

Why am I Mr. Sparkle?
Dec 5, 2004
I heard rogan on sherdog insinuate that fedors management is russian mafia. who knows
Didnt Pride also have some troubles a while back having something to do with the Yakuza? I've heard alot of rumors that over in Europe/Asia alot of the fighters have some kind of Mafia ties.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
Didnt Pride also have some troubles a while back having something to do with the Yakuza? I've heard alot of rumors that over in Europe/Asia alot of the fighters have some kind of Mafia ties.
well thats what did the company in. theres little question about that. A newspaper printed a story about alleged ties to the Yakuza, and they promptly lost their tv contract. and no one else would sign a tv contract with Pride. without that they are still packing arenas in japan with their fight cards and Cro Cop wouldnt have left

Capt.Caveman

Totally unlikeable
Jan 13, 2005
closer to a playground then allowed by law
I dont think that has anything to do with the zuffa purchase. most of the marquee fighters in pride are the least likely mma fighters to be in steroids- both nogs, shogun, fedor, henderson.
i think guys like randleman, baroni (obviously), hunt, barnett and maybe even silva are roiding up. you never know fedor can be on the juice. he is russian after all. roids overseas can be bought like aspirin. and pride doesn't test.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
i think guys like randleman, baroni (obviously), hunt, barnett and maybe even silva are roiding up. you never know fedor can be on the juice. he is russian after all. roids overseas can be bought like aspirin. and pride doesn't test.
Hunt and Fedor? they show absolutely zero physical signs that tip off steroid abuse. they actually look like the exact opposite of steroid users.

randleman has had health problems that almost certainly point to steroid abuse, baroni isnt really a pride fighter, wanderlei definitely could be using. but fedor has talked extensively about juice, and even lifting weights, and he does neither

hunt is a big fat samoan with an anchor for a chin

Capt.Caveman

Totally unlikeable
Jan 13, 2005
closer to a playground then allowed by law
Hunt and Fedor? they show absolutely zero physical signs that tip off steroid abuse. they actually look like the exact opposite of steroid users.

randleman has had health problems that almost certainly point to steroid abuse, baroni isnt really a pride fighter, wanderlei definitely could be using. but fedor has talked extensively about juice, and even lifting weights, and he does neither

hunt is a big fat samoan with an anchor for a chin
do u know how many fat guys I know who are juiceing for strengh not looks. Power lifters look like fatsos and a lot of those guys are juiceheads. Not all juiceheads are ripped. but u may be right. I don't think fedor is either but you never know. hell royce tested positive and that shocked the fuck out of me

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
do u know how many fat guys I know who are juiceing for strengh not looks. Power lifters look like fatsos and a lot of those guys are juiceheads. Not all juiceheads are ripped. but u may be right. I don't think fedor is either but you never know. hell royce tested positive and that shocked the fuck out of me
power lifters keep a layer of fat around their body because it effectively protects their joints from injury. but fedor doesnt even lift weights, he only does rudamentary old school boxing exercises. he stopped lifting when he was young. and in the past couple years, hes been gradually losing weight. hes been fighting under 230 in his last few fights.

if you saw royce at the weigh in for the sakuraba fight, it wouldnt have surprised you that he tested positive. the guy finally developed shoulders and traps, it was a completely new body for him.

but other than muscle size theres alot of side effects to look for in steroid abusers. color under the eyes, fat in the face, swelling around the nipples, these are all signs that reveal themselves at one point or another if steroids are being used.

wanderlei has showed signs of that. Fedor? not even close. your fishing on that one.

Palerider4146

The Death Medic
Sep 22, 2002
Hazlet, NJ
Apparently they have claimed to test fighters, but it wasnt random, it was supposedly very selective.

Suicidebree

Two, Zero, Two Infantry
Dec 20, 2004
Jersey
ESPN.com: The original plan was to have mega PRIDE versus UFC events. Is that still the plan?
DW: I don't know what we're going to do yet because that thing is so messed up. We're still trying to figure it out. It's a complete disaster. They went out of business for a reason.

Thats from an article on espn.com from this week

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
I posted a dana white quote in mma thread, they working on getting tv deals for pride. Id assume thats what he means by 'they went out of business for a reason,' scandal eliminated their tv contract and I guess even with new owners it isnt going easy

as for steroids, anyone who wants to take them will. depending on how carefully they take it, if they get assistance from very knowledgable people, testing is a risk with the odds way in their favor of testing negative.

and who cares about steroids anymore when theres HGH, with permanent results, and there is no drug test for it. Anyone can take that shit, including tito ortize and his gigantic head and jawline.

Suicidebree

Two, Zero, Two Infantry
Dec 20, 2004
Jersey
and who cares about steroids anymore when theres HGH, with permanent results, and there is no drug test for it. Anyone can take that shit, including tito ortize and his gigantic head and jawline.
Saw some video of Tank abbot accusing Joe ROgan of taking HGH. May have seen a video of Matt Hughes saying ROgan takes it too.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
Saw some video of Tank abbot accusing Joe ROgan of taking HGH. May have seen a video of Matt Hughes saying ROgan takes it too.
a couple weeks ago he was sherdog.com's online radio show, and went on a 25 minute rant or so about steroids and hgh and the like. he basically said its evolution, and if there was a drug that made your genetics superior, he would take it. it was a really interesting interview because he was basically ranting the whole time, giving little chance for the awful host to speak

http://www.sherdog.com/news/radio.asp?id=233

rogan is the first 45 minutes of the show. tj desantis is an abomination of a radio host, gross is the editor in chief and really knowledgable

Suicidebree

Two, Zero, Two Infantry
Dec 20, 2004
Jersey
Really want to hear it, but I cant get it to play. Do you have to be a member?

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
Really want to hear it, but I cant get it to play. Do you have to be a member?
I guess you need to be a member to listened to archived shows. Ive been meaning to cut up the audio to have just rogans interview. I can upload it somewhere if you really want it. let me know

Suicidebree

Two, Zero, Two Infantry
Dec 20, 2004
Jersey
Thanks for the offer. Think I'm probably going to pay the fee for the year. Its pretty cheap. thanks again though