What's with Wrestling and religious movies?

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Last five movies I saw on Netflix were pretty faith based starring wrestlers. Wondering.
I blame the jews

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Last five movies I saw on Netflix were pretty faith based starring wrestlers. Wondering.
I blame the jews
Because they wouldn't of been able to get where they are without Eight Pound, Six Ounce, Newborn Baby Jesus, in his golden, fleece diapers, with his curled-up, fat, balled-up little fists pawin' at the air. Well him, oxycontin, and steroids.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Most aren't so bad because they don't bash religion over your head...but the underlying message is still there...i usually watch them because I love sports movies and they are the only one left on Netflix I haven't seen, those and the ones with Dean Cain. Trust me, I saw a Dean Cain movie, wrestlers are better actors.

Last edited:

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Most aren't so bad because they don't bash religion over your head...but the underlying message is still there...i usually watch them because I love sports movies and they are the only one left on Netflix I haven't seen, those and the ones with Dean Cain. Trust me, I saw a Dean Cain movie, wrestlers are better actors.
I just wanted to make the talladega nights reference

Lord Zero

I blame the jews
Wrestling has a pretty debaucherous culture around it and is a pretty grueling lifestyle. It's a good incubator for addictive behavior, and addictive behavior is a good incubator for Jesus.

Fred West

What they have in common is that they both should be abandoned and ridiculed from the age of 15.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
What they have in common is that they both should be abandoned and ridiculed from the age of 15.
I actually liked pro wrestling at 11. Then I turned 12.

LiddyRules

Johny Charro Card Holder #1
I actually liked pro wrestling at 11. Then I turned 12.
Math checks out. I was into WWF myself, but stopped before Stone Cold became a thing, which was 95/96, which would have made me 12/13.

You could do that. Or you could learn about the biz and its history and concepts like ringwork and psychology and come to appreciate it more.

I could never vote for a man who couldn't take a Stunner properly.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I blame the jews
First of all, why are you watching these movies? Because they're faith based or because they have wrestlers in them?
Second of all, why are you watching these movies without your friends Piggy and @LiddyRules ?
Third, what are the names of these movies, please?

LiddyRules

Johny Charro Card Holder #1
First of all, why are you watching these movies? Because they're faith based or because they have wrestlers in them?
Second of all, why are you watching these movies without your friends Piggy and @LiddyRules ?
Third, what are the names of these movies, please?
Well something called "The Masked Saint" is on Netflix

A professional wrestler (Brett Granstaff) becomes a pastor in a small Michigan town and moonlights as a masked vigilante.

The Masked Saint follows the journey of former professional wrestler Chris Samuels, who retires from the ring to settle down as a small town pastor. When the pastor witnesses rampant problems in the community, he decides to moonlight as a masked vigilante fighting the injustice. While facing crises at home and at the church, the Pastor must evade the police and somehow reconcile his secret, violent identity with his calling as a pastor. Inspired by true events, The Masked Saint is based on the highly popular book of the same name by Chris Whaley. It was filmed entirely in Northern Ontario, and features icons of the screen like Diahanne Carroll and 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper alongside stars Brett Granstaff and Lara Jean Chorostecki.