OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Where Does Sam Get All The Arrogance From?

Discussion in 'Classic Opie & Anthony General Discussion' started by Neckbeard, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Neckbeard

Neckbeard I'm Team Piggy!

He lords it over guys like Sal, Roland, Travis and Erock. Whenever they mess up, Sam pipes
    in like he's Opie, Anthony or Jimmy. Doesn't Sam have anything to do other than deludedly think
    he's a "mic" on the show? This isn't just about Jocktober, He's needy and greedy for air time and
    acts like The 4th Microphone Kid.

The incident that put it over the top was the "I'm your friend" bashing of Dennis.

Sam Roberts 10 years from now is Dennis Falcone: Some wannabe hotshot with 20 years in the
    game who never took the next step. He'll be another pretentious, bagel-fetching board op making
    40 grand a year in Manhattan.

He's the same dumb shitdick everybody he works with is: A wrestling and action figure
    loving man-child in his 30s, acting like he's in his 20s and barely pulling down 4 digit paychecks
    in the most expensive city in the country.

Edit: All of the shows he does for free just prove what a dope he is. He's a glorified paid intern
    who has these delusions of grandeur of getting his own show and taking the reins from O&A or
    Ron and Fez, I know it. He really thinks he's gonna "make it" and it is nauseating.

#1 Neckbeard, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  2. wes mantooth

wes mantooth wierdo

Sam is a momma's boy which means he's already geared for being self-centered although unlike most of his peers he actually has a strong work ethic and common sense to boot. I really don't think he's arrogant or entitled. He's just opportunistic.

He'll always be hated the way most successful people are. He'd be best served telling them to eat a dick. Diplomatically of course.

dragoneffect likes this.
  3. AlanSmithee

AlanSmithee Registered User

I completely agree with @Neckbeard

I respect Sam's work ethic, but in the end he's a blip on radios radar.

He's a mamas boy who has had everything handed to him in life.

Btw... It looks like the muppet grew up with a lot of money. Look up the house that ole Sammy boy grew up in. Just google his name and you will find it... It's public record.

Neckbeard likes this.
  4. AlanSmithee

Grrr fucking double post

Neckbeard likes this.
  5. gleet

gleet What's black and white and red all over?

Watch Patrice talk about that Jeselnek at the last roast. I think he told him he hasn't earned his arrogance.

When Dennis Leary does those car commercials and acts so tough and insulting at the viewer, I always think he can go fuck himself, he holds no sway over me. If he ever wanted to show up here and show me how tough he was, we would work out a pecking order. Same thing with Sam, he only acts arrogant over those who let him. Does he give Ron shit?

AlanSmithee and Neckbeard like this.
  6. Neckbeard

I thought more defenders would come out.

"No, Sam is really talented. He doesn't have a face for boxing and a voice for torturing terrorists.
    He's gonna make it, guys! The first 10 years was all dues paying! Any day now!"

AlanSmithee likes this.
  7. AlanSmithee

Makes me wonder how Sam acts off air when he's not doing his schtick.

Neckbeard likes this.
  8. gleet

Sam reads people. He bows to Whoo Kid, slams Erock. I'm sure he is about the same off air, he gets in his jabs where he can. On air, he slams the ones who aren't around. That guy that married a Kardashian, he gave him holy hell. If the guy showed up, he would be very polite.

And I bet he suuuuuucks up to the bosses at all times.

9. AlanSmithee

I guarantee you that he is a kiss ass little shit. In turn the bosses have used it to their advantage.

The man child works six or sometimes seven days a week. It's only a matter of time before he breaks. When he does.... I shall reveal a shit eating grin

lajikal and Neckbeard like this.
  10. gleet

Hell, I work 6 maybe 7 days a week. Done it most of my life. He isn't going to break.

Neckbeard likes this.
  11. Cunt Smasher

Cunt Smasher Caligula Jr.

He stinks and I don't like him. Mostly just mildly annoying, but I get the point of the op.

Neckbeard likes this.
  12. AlanSmithee

Everyone breaks eventually. It starts happening when your social life gradually turns to shit or the lady in your life starts yammering off in one's ear.

Neckbeard likes this.
  13. gorram

gorram ;)

Real answer is OAandJ, their respect gives him the arrogance which is his "character" or schtick.

For me I am at the point where I just don't want to hear from any of the staff especially Sam, the behinds the scene stuff about any of them is just too much been there done that bit. Sure when there is a really good story that happened to one or more of them fine. The show is 100% better when another 4th mic is filling in like Dan Soder on Friday. Certainly there are many more comics that rarely or ever do the show around New York.

Also ENOUGH with the "Hey lets get Troy's opinion" Sam: "NO NO NO NO NO...."

AlanSmithee, steve500 and Neckbeard like this.
  14. gleet

What's his social life, rasslin? He doesn't drink and doesn't sound like a partier. He likes to work. He won't break.

Assholes & Elbows and Neckbeard like this.
  15. DR. Jimcy M.E.

It's a defense mechanism. He should cower in the corner but he doesn't and it confuses people into thinking he's not a chicken finger eating asshole.

16. wes mantooth

wes mantooth wierdo

Most of the people Sam gives shit to deserve to have shit slung their way. Erock? talented but lazy and deserves a good kick now and then. Same goes for everyone on staff but Than for the most part and that's why Sam never really gives him shit.

Neckbeard likes this.
  17. countryblumpkin

countryblumpkin team derosa

yeah,we fucking got it.

bit into the ground keeeid.

Neckbeard likes this.
  18. SOS

SOS ONA
    Wackbag Staff

Sam seems to want to be on air a lot and he uses a negative aspect of his personality to get it.

Maybe Sam felt tried to make a big fuss over it to alleviate his own fears of not doing as well as he had thought in radio.

That is only a minor part of his appearances. It is something goofy to make him seem friendly.

Considering all those former producers who have left, he is surviving in a very harsh field. I don't know of his future plans. The major problem he seems to have in his career path is his high voice.

19. Neckbeard

That is a major problem for somebody who wants to be an on-air radio personality with his own show, wouldn't you say?
    His voice is downright punishing to listen to at times so you'd think he'd break people's balls a bit less.

AlanSmithee likes this.
  20. SOS

SOS ONA
    Wackbag Staff

He likely won't be more accommodating because that could make him feel he is showing a vulnerable side and weakness which he does not like to do but will do at times will do because he likes air time more. Most people's personalities won't change. He will likely to continue to do what he does maybe because he knows of no other way to behave under the atmosphere of the show and feels safety in his behavior.

21. DR. Jimcy M.E.

He also doesn't give him shit because he's not there anymore.

22. countryblumpkin

countryblumpkin team derosa

also,jocktober has been a fucking failure so far this year.

23. gorram

gorram ;)

Well that is not Sam's fault he would have put on a Fugitive bit every day. Then it would have been good. :rolleyes:

Neckbeard likes this.
  24. Guilty Spark

Guilty Spark It's freeing and refreshing

I think Sam is one of the worst aspects of the show and I agree with most of what has been said here.

Neckbeard likes this.
  25. wes mantooth

wes mantooth wierdo

Travis. I always get them confused.