Where is your God now

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
New York man crushed by giant crucifix has leg amputated

By Eric Pfeiffer, Yahoo! News | The Sideshow – 3 hrs ago

The same giant crucifix that David Jaminez believes cured his wife's cancer crushed his leg. (CBS 2)A deeply religious man in upstate New York who believes a church's giant crucifix cured his wife of cancer had his own leg amputated after the same crucifix collapsed on top of him.

CBS New York reports that the accident occurred when 45-year-old David Jimenez was cleaning the 600-pound crucifix, which was allegedly held up by a single screw. Jimenez has been a frequent visitor to the Church of St. Patrick in Newburgh, N.Y., where he made regular stops to pray for his wife, who is now cancer-free.

"The screw is useless. It supported no anchoring system," said Jimenez's attorney Kevin Kitson. "David attributed the cure to his devotion to that cross."

Kitson told the Digital Journal that Jimenez is planning to sue the church for $3 million after losing his leg, because he will not be able to return to his job at a pizza restaurant. The church has reportedly raised about $7,000 for Jimenez's recovery effort so far.

Kitson said the legal liability should reside with the church for "telling someone to go forward with an action and causing this accident."
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sidesho...RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
Jun 9, 2005
Louisiana
I hope he loses the case and the church goes bankrupt trying to defend themselves.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
1) Jesus was a carpenter... he was simply punishing the church for not understanding weight displacement and anchor points.

2) If the statue really did cure his wife's cancer, he should man up and realize an amputated leg was a worthwhile trade.

3) $3 million is really your worth when you work at a pizza restaurant?

4) If he loses the lawsuit, the church should take the $7k they raise for him and use it to fix up the statue, including repairing the missing limbs on it.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
That's turning the other cheek and forgiving there, Mr. Devout. The thing had been there for years, he had to have fucked with it somehow. I don't remember any reports of earthquakes that day.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
As an atheist this amuses me. God gets all the credit for curing the wife of cancer, but it was negligence cost him his leg. I know some Christians that would say "fuck it, I guess god wants me to have one leg", and mean it. Not this asshole.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
I hope he loses the case and the church goes bankrupt trying to defend themselves.
Somebody call osha and shut their operation down. Churchgoers need to wear hardhats, kneepads, gloves, earplugs, and safety goggles.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
As an atheist this amuses me. God gets all the credit for curing the wife of cancer, but it was negligence cost him his leg. I know some Christians that would say "fuck it, I guess god wants me to have one leg", and mean it. Not this asshole.
Exactly. I would have had more respect for this dude if he had sued God instead. If he wins the lawsuit I hope his wife's cancer comes back the next day and she dies within a couple of months.

You know this guy is such a POS he doesn't even take the stance of "thank God for giving certain humans the intelligence to develop radiation and chemotherapy treatments". Nope, it was the fucking statue all by itself, in spite of the evil medicine his wife was receiving.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Exactly. I would have had more respect for this dude if he had sued God instead. If he wins the lawsuit I hope his wife's cancer comes back the next day and she dies within a couple of months.

You know this guy is such a POS he doesn't even take the stance of "thank God for giving certain humans the intelligence to develop radiation and chemotherapy treatments". Nope, it was the fucking statue all by itself, in spite of the evil medicine his wife was receiving.
That's the weirdest detail: He thanked the statue specifically, not just God or Jesus. Too bad Christ's head didn't break off on impact. It would've been fun to glue it on backwards.

OilyJillFart

Well-Lubed Member
Sep 26, 2008
That's the weirdest detail: He thanked the statue specifically, not just God or Jesus. Too bad Christ's head didn't break off on impact. It would've been fun to glue it on backwards.
I'm pretty sure they think the statue channels the god goodness to them, so they worship the statue for the miracle.
At least that's what I got from the South Park episode where Stans father was cured of alcoholism by the virgin mary statue that farted blood.
I get most of my religious knowledge from Matt and Trey, so it might be a bit flawed..

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Good catch, idol worship is frowned upon by god. Lol, that dummy just got his ass kicked by the almighty gud. At least that's how other fairytale fans could spin it.

Aug 5, 2004
Typical for Newburgh. Glad I moved out, not far enough though.

jimmyslostchin

Malarkey is slang for bullshit isn't it?
Jun 8, 2005
NJ
I'm pretty sure they think the statue channels the god goodness to them, so they worship the statue for the miracle.
At least that's what I got from the South Park episode where Stans father was cured of alcoholism by the virgin mary statue that farted blood.
I get most of my religious knowledge from Matt and Trey, so it might be a bit flawed..
You could do a lot worse than Matt and Trey for religious studies.