Where to live in Buffalo, NY?

Little Chuckie

Just got a phone call from a company I interviewed with and it seems like I am in the running for a position based out of Buffalo, NY.

Is there any area white boy would feel more safe than others in this City? Never been there in my life so starting to do some research.

FMDoug

I had the same question in July/August... I ended up in Amherst/Williamsville. It's nice, it's Anytown USA

Little Chuckie

I had the same question in July/August... I ended up in Amherst/Williamsville. It's nice, it's Anytown USA
How bad is the snow? That is freaking me out, Sunshine is all I have known.

Looks like Verizon FIOS is available up there, that will be a major plus.

Thanks for the tips so far.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Snow is bad, but that is one thing I'll give to Buffalo, they know how to deal with it.

FMDoug

The snow we had this weekend was the worst I've seen so far in Buffalo. I've been here four months. But they seem to be good about it. Monday the snow was off the roads.

And I don't know about Verizon FIOS. I don't even know what that is. But it is a major city (2nd largest in new york), so they will have just about everything you need... except a Chase bank.

To be honest. I can't wait to leave Buffalo. Like I said, it's Anytown USA. They move slow, they can't drive, the downtown area looks like Disney's Boardwalk on weekend nights. Though, people like it here. They will come to it's defense quickly

Fuck Crosby

Bills. Beers. Broads.
My dad's got a foot and a half at his house. He lives about 30 mins south of the city

zagman76

Wackbagger, Geek, Administrator
Wackbag Staff
Just got a phone call from a company I interviewed with and it seems like I am in the running for a position based out of Buffalo, NY.

Is there any area white boy would feel more safe than others in this City? Never been there in my life so starting to do some research.
Kenmore is very nice too. I lived there for seveval years.

Little Chuckie

Thanks baggers. got a 6th interview call today (1st one on phone, 4 in person and one more on the phone) then got a call that they would be sending me an offer letter with all the details of what they are going to pay, etc.

Biggest move of my life if they offer what I want, you guys made it a bit easier.

o&a addict84

As far as snow goes, I have two things to suggest:

If your going to live anywhere north of Hamburg you'll be relatively fine. The south towns get it the worst.

If sunshine is all you know then late October to maybe early April is going to be a very jarring experience. If I were you I would invest in the following things: Thick clothing, winter boots, All-Season tires, a snow-blower and/or shovel & ice-chopper.

The good thing though is it's heaven for skiers, snowbroaders, and snowmobilers.

The summers aren't bad either. The hottest it gets is like the low 90's. The water front is great for boating and jet-skiing.

Compared to the rest of the country I hear it's pretty cheap to buy a house, but the real drawback is the taxes are retardedly high.

shuganuts

Not SHWOOGIE nuts!!
To minimize snow trouble go anywhere north of the city itself. It's no big deal. Amherst/Williamsville is good like everyone's saying depending on what the job is ($$$$). Both are high taxes and more for the house than other areas here, but depending where you're coming from house prices could easily be WAY lower than you've ever seen. for lower taxes and costs, Niagara County is beter than Erie County but for god's sake DO NOT consider niagara falls. Wheatfield or Pendleton (Tim McViegh's hometown) are both good choices. GOOD luck

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
Had a client up there in Tonawanda - didn't seem to bad. Was up there on Halloween a few years ago - guy was taking his little kids Trick-or-Treating while towing a little red wagon with a pony keg a crapload of cups for the parents. Best Halloween ever.

Top Bottom