Where'd my iTunes Music Library Go?!

Absolutely

Self-Heavy
Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Has this happened to anyone else?
The music files are all on an external hard drive, and are all there.

But I had them all labled and in Library - Music.
The stuff is still on the iPod itself, but not in iTunes anymore.
What the Faaaaaah

It says this

The Ipod is synced with another iTunes library. Do you want to erase the iPod and sync it with iTunes Library?

An iPod can be synced with only one iTunes library at a time. Erasing and syncing replaces the contents of this iPod with the contents of this iTunes library.

Erase and Sync or Cancel
It's not, or shouldn't be synced with another library. I've never plugged it in to another computer or iTunes.
I've gotta drag and retrack everything I want on the iPod again??

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
Has anything changed on your computer? Could you possibly be logged into another account on XP and not know it. Seems that would be the reason - becuase your profile has changed.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Has anything changed on your computer? Could you possibly be logged into another account on XP and not know it. Seems that would be the reason - becuase your profile has changed.
No nothing else...
I'm logged in as my username on my computer, it's that or Visitor or something.
But when I click start I see my name on the top.

I don't know what happened.

pure_waves

© Steven Carr Industries, 2014. Grrrrrrrr
Dec 9, 2004
Upper West Side, NY
i had something similar happen on my gigabeat. it was an auto sync problem with windows media player rather than an itunes issue. any time i connected the player to my computer all the files on my player would be erased as it re-synced.

i switched to media monkey as my default library, and id recommend it highly. i never had a single issue with my media since.