Where's the Opie - Sirius buyout/merger speculation thread?

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Just wanted to join in on that fun conversation

What is going down "within the next week" that is affecting Sirius management?

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
NBC/Universal buyout from what I have heard.

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
Just an FYI...showing full confidence...
Insiders sold shares of the following companies on Thursday, May 17, 2012

Sirius Xm Radio Inc. (NASDAQ:SIRI): Karmazin Mel (CEO) sold 7,850,000 shares at a price of $1.99.

Sirius XM Radio Inc. broadcasts its music, sports, news, talk, entertainment, traffic and weather channels in the United States for a subscription fee through its proprietary satellite radio systems: the SIRIUS system and the XM system.

Read more: http://fyxnews.com/smw/27371/Insiders-Sold-These-Stocks-on-May-17#ixzz1vSQGRubM

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Yeah I'm guessing "Franchise O&A" wouldn't fly with the new bosses
Ron and Fez has been full on brokered at least once that I can think of. That horrible Ashley Madison CEO interview was totally bought and paid for. Having done shows like that, I can spot them a mile away now.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
looks like Liberty media is trying to take over

have over 40% and tried to get FCC to make them controlling partner and were shot down

apparently they never went to math class

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
May 16, 2007
Chicago
looks like Liberty media is trying to take over

have over 40% and tried to get FCC to make them controlling partner and were shot down

apparently they never went to math class
Actually, they have.

Liberty is already in great position to take control.

On May 9th, Liberty announced that it had increased its stake in Sirius XM by 60.35 million shares. This gives them control of 46.2% of the company. They are obviously interested in purchasing more shares (up to $2.19 per share), and with a recent sell off taking shares of SIRI into the $1.90 range, the likelihood of them getting more is looking good.

Liberty already controls 5 of the 13 seats on the board, and looks to be poised to take another soon. According to Spencer Osborne, another Seeking Alpha contributor, a 53.8% share would justify a 7th and majority place on the board, which does not seem out of the realm of possibility. With shares at a lower level now, I am sure that investors would be more than happy to unload shares to Liberty, and this will benefit Liberty.
http://seekingalpha.com/article/603121-liberty-media-could-be-a-sirius-problem
And this...
http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/why-is-liberty-media-buying-up-sirius-xm-shares.html/

gator1010

Oct 13, 2011
Florida
we need to try and get everyone on wackbag with a sirius/xm subscription to write in and request to keep opie and anthony on the platform after their contracts end this September.

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
yeah, if it truly were up for sale they would do that shit where they let O&A go so it softens the books and looks like a more attractive buy...

CaffeeDiva

Feb 14, 2012
we need to try and get everyone on wackbag with a sirius/xm subscription to write in and request to keep opie and anthony on the platform after their contracts end this September.
Why do you think that would change or help anything? You think NBC/Universal has some O&A vendetta? If they did, you think fan mail would change the outcome?

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
yeah, if it truly were up for sale they would do that shit where they let O&A go so it softens the books and looks like a more attractive buy...
What O&A get paid is pennies compared to their bottom line
Plus if the show is profitable it doesn't matter

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Why do you think that would change or help anything? You think NBC/Universal has some O&A vendetta? If they did, you think fan mail would change the outcome?
Where do you see NBC buying Sirius?

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
What O&A get paid is pennies compared to their bottom line
Plus if the show is profitable it doesn't matter
I doubt the show is profitable on its own (I doubt ANY show on Sirius is), but O&A have nowhere else to go. They'll be back if they want to continue doing a show.