Which fight will you watch?

Which fight are you gonna watch live 1-19-08?

• Total voters
May 14, 2004
Bum Fuck WV
There are two fights on this weekend. I will be getting both but I will be watching the Jones-Trinidad fight live and DRVing UFC 80. Which are you gonna watch live?

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
Jul 26, 2005
Las Vegas
I voted UFC 80, but if it was maybe 5 years ago and Jones was more in his prime it would be different.

May 14, 2004
Bum Fuck WV
Yea but the under cards for UFC:80 are shit plus its gonna be great seeing those old sluggers go at it. The HBO countdown to the fight got me pretty hyped as well.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
UFC. Not a big boxing fan, but i love the UFC. I dont miss a show.

May 14, 2004
Bum Fuck WV
Yea I cant believe both of them are still fighting which is why I want to watch this thing. Jones coming off 3 of his 4 losses in his last 5 fight and Trinidad coming off a loss to Winky Wright 2 years ago. Both have a lot to prove in my eyes.

Standby

Better Than [you]
Wackbag Staff
Sep 8, 2005
Arlington, VA
Whens Brock Lesnar making his ufc debut?
UFC 81 March 1 against Frank Mir, I believe. As for me, even though the card's disappointing, I don't miss UFC at my usual bar with the instructors and students from the muay thai school I go to.

Watching the fights with people who've done the same thing really changes the way you look at it.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
I dont know yet. neither card is thrilling me. I am a big BJ Penn fan and want to see him hopefully win. trinidad jones in interesting because its so bizarre and unpredictable. But theres nothing like MSG filled with felix trinidad fans. its an energetic atmosphere, I'll probably try to catch it first

OandAFanInDC

holla holla holla holla
Mar 4, 2002
Fairfax VA
UFC 81 March 1 against Frank Mir, I believe. As for me, even though the card's disappointing, I don't miss UFC at my usual bar with the instructors and students from the muay thai school I go to.

Watching the fights with people who've done the same thing really changes the way you look at it.
which bar do you go to to watch it Baileys in ballston???

esswhy

Ever Broken a Puerto Ricans arm for sweat pants $?
Mar 26, 2007
I love both sports, but I really only like to watch select UFC fights, like if it's BJ Penn, GSP, Rampage or hyped fights. Theres just so many fighters now, and only select fighters interest me. BJ Penn is the King, and my friend Buddy Askri(pro boxer) spars with GSP up in montreal, so I like to watch him. Heès a bit of a cheezy boyscout though, with that fuckin Karate Kid gimmick.

OandAFanInDC

holla holla holla holla
Mar 4, 2002
Fairfax VA
I think Champps in Fair Oaks shows every fighting event but you may want to call this weekend to see which they will be showing. Thats where I go when I'm in town for a fight.
that place has good food but horrible service i think buffalo wing university in fairfax is playing the ufc fight

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
Huge boxing fan, could care less about the UFC...

But having said that I'm not going to watch the Jones-Trinidad fight either, which in my opinion is a farce. (Though I would love to see Trinidad beat his ass, but it’s just not going to happen.)

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
ufc can't watch boxing anymore too boring tap tap hold...tap tap hold yuck. there aren't fights i really want to watch. ufc is by far the superior product
lets not turn this into one of those threads. plenty of people feel the way you do, and plenty of people dont like watching lay and prey fights, with two guys lying in each others legs for 3 rounds.

people find it hard to believe that some dont like boxing or mma based on style of the action.

and people who say they there arent good fights worth watching 99 times out of 100 didnt watch marquez vazquez 1 and 3 or pavlik taylor. and most who shit on mma dont like grappling and/or never saw a great ground battle with skill like diaz sanchez or nog barnett 1.

thats why its a shitty argument everytime it happens

May 14, 2004
Bum Fuck WV
ufc can't watch boxing anymore too boring tap tap hold...tap tap hold yuck. there aren't fights i really want to watch. ufc is by far the superior product
You have been watching the wrong boxing matches my man. This one may be one you want to pass on but Jesus, 08 is gonna put boxing back up there.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
Im not a boxing fan at all. That being said, i will watch any fight Pavlick is in. His total domination of "Wooo Pig Soooie" Taylor made me a fan. This Trinidad Jones fight would be alot more interesting if it was 8 years ago. To me this seems like Beckham coming to America. Its a great thing to peak intrest for just a moment, but then things will go back to normal.

Standby

Better Than [you]
Wackbag Staff
Sep 8, 2005
Arlington, VA
which bar do you go to to watch it Baileys in ballston???
Used to go to Summers but yeah I like Baileys better. $5 cover instead of 10 and I go with my school (the Lloyd Irvin boys). I usually sit by the bar right when you walk in. And I'll be there on Saturday.

I think Champps in Fair Oaks shows every fighting event but you may want to call this weekend to see which they will be showing. Thats where I go when I'm in town for a fight.
True. Most or all Champps places do show it, with no cover, too, that I know of.

BTW your sig pic is fuckin mesmerizing.

that place has good food but horrible service i think buffalo wing university in fairfax is playing the ufc fight
I'm actually not a fan of the Champps food. It always struck me as a high-class sports bar, which are two terms that shouldn't be put together.

DeltaPin

Donator
Feb 17, 2005
NJ
Not going to watch either, but if I did it would be Jones v. Trinidad

Capt.Caveman

Totally unlikeable
Jan 13, 2005
closer to a playground then allowed by law
lets not turn this into one of those threads. plenty of people feel the way you do, and plenty of people dont like watching lay and prey fights, with two guys lying in each others legs for 3 rounds.

people find it hard to believe that some dont like boxing or mma based on style of the action.

and people who say they there arent good fights worth watching 99 times out of 100 didnt watch marquez vazquez 1 and 3 or pavlik taylor. and most who shit on mma dont like grappling and/or never saw a great ground battle with skill like diaz sanchez or nog barnett 1.

thats why its a shitty argument everytime it happens

yea we've had this arguement to many times. I just can't get into boxing anymore.the last fight i was excited about was gatti ward 3. and i agree with you some mma guys are extremely boring. rashad evans early fights are a good example. wretlers who just hold guys down and do no damage are boring as hell but the ufc is trying to do away with that by standing them up and such. when boxing enforces the extreme holding rules by taking points maybe i'll be interested again. i've seen some good fights on espn "the ocho". unknown guys(well at least to me) who are hungry and want to win. I havew no respect for guys who want to win on points in either sport.