Whites-Only Bathroom In Georgia?

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
BRUNSWICK, Ga. - Here's something you may not have heard about in 40 years. A company in Georgia has been accused of essentially having a "whites only" bathroom on its premesis.

According to First Coast News, The Georgia-Pacific office building in the town of Brunswick recently fired an African-American employee after she went to the news media complaining that company officials only let white people use its restroom.

While working at the office, Lisa Woods told a TV news station that one of her co-workers did not like black people and suggested that races should not integrate. She also said the office's restroom was placed "out of order" for months -- even though she believes it worked fine.

The reason for the "out of order" sign, Woods believes, is to prevent African-Americans from using the toilet.

According to a former security guard at the building, truck drivers frequently stop at the scaling station and whenever a white driver went in, he used the restroom. Black truck drivers, the guard said, could not. Rather they had to go into the woods.

Was the toilet really broken? A reporter from First Coast News and a photographer went to the building and flushed it. The toilet, they claim, worked fine. Just hours after the TV station's visit, Georgia-Pacific fired Woods.

Woods has since brought a wrongful termination lawsuit against the company on the basis of racial and sexual discrimination. Georgia-Pacific claims Woods was justly terminated.
http://www.kutv.com/content/news/topnews/story.aspx?content_id=4ba68128-5126-4998-80bc-0e4a3c331aed

A whites only bathroom in Georgia... well you could knock me over with a feather...

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
What's wrongful about the termination? You talk shit about your company to the media and expect to keep your job?

Schmed

I'm a corpse without a soul...
Nov 4, 2002
Shitsville, NY
I guess Ms. Woods had to go into the woods. She's one uppity *****

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Who cleaned these white only bathrooms, Mexicans or trailer trash?

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Sounds like a company didn't want to have a public restroom so they lied to everyone about it being "out of order". Then they only let some people know it worked. The problem being apparently they didn't know they were supposed to tell equal number of white people and black people the bathroom wasn't broken.

...and suggested that races should not integrate
I guess she should stay out of certain sections of Harlem where this belief is quite popular.

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
Jul 27, 2006
jersey
So . . . is "out of order" code for "it's really working but just don't tell the ******s"?
maybe it was a polite way of saying no to the constant customers asking to use his bathroom. i worked in an electronics store once and you wouldnt believe the amount of people who ask to use the employee bathroom. and how often it turns into an argument when you dont let them.

what if this was a way of only letting people he knew (friends and good customers) use the bathroom and the majority of them just happened to be white?

theres no evidence, not even someone to confirm her suspicions and claims. why is this being reported.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
maybe it was a polite way of saying no to the constant customers asking to use his bathroom. i worked in an electronics store once and you wouldnt believe the amount of people who ask to use the employee bathroom. and how often it turns into an argument when you dont let them.

what if this was a way of only letting people he knew (friends and good customers) use the bathroom and the majority of them just happened to be white?

theres no evidence, not even someone to confirm her suspicions and claims. why is this being reported.
This would seem to be the most logical answer but one other person did in fact corroborate her story so I think it does warrant some investigation.