Whitey Bulger is a spooky ghost

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
James (Whitey) Bulger, the South Boston mobster and F.B.I. informer who was captured after 16 years on the run and finally brought to justice in 2013 for a murderous reign of terror that inspired books, films and a saga of Irish-American brotherhood and brutality, was found beaten to death on Tuesday in a West Virginia prison. He was 89.

Two Federal Bureau of Prisons employees, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the information was not yet public, said Mr. Bulger was beaten unrecognizable by inmates shortly after he had arrived at the prison, the Hazelton federal penitentiary in Bruceton Mills, W.Va. He had been moved from prison to prison in recent years and was incarcerated in Florida before being transferred to Hazelton, which has been rife with violence.

One of the workers said that the inmates were thought to be “affiliated with the mob.” A law enforcement official who oversees organized crime cases said he was told by a federal law enforcement official that a mob figure was believed to be responsible for the killing.

Mr. Bulger, who was serving two life sentences for 11 murders, was found unresponsive at 8:20 Tuesday morning and pronounced dead by the Preston County Medical Examiner, the Federal Bureau of Prisons said in a statement. It did not indicate a cause of death.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...nt-is-dead-at-89/ar-BBP7s5K?OCID=ansmsnnews11

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
89... are they sure he didn’t just die

Stig

Making America So Great You Won't Believe It.
Jul 26, 2005
NH
89... are they sure he didn’t just die
He may have beaten himself to death and wrapped himself in a sheet. But so few people do these days.
Howie Carr must have absolutely jizzed himself when he read about it.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Mr. Bulger was beaten unrecognizable
Unrecognizable, eh? As in CANNOT BE IDENTIFIED

Oi! @Pickle where's your boy on this?

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005

Stig

Making America So Great You Won't Believe It.
Jul 26, 2005
NH
Dec 8, 2004
Maine
I will say he did like buring or buring bodies in pretty public places... mind you when drunky gave me the tour around Revere might not have been as built up as back in the day.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
Won't be seein' him no more...

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
Update:

Freddy Geas, eyed in ‘Whitey’ Bulger’s killing, ‘hated rats’

When private investigator Ted McDonough heard that Freddy Geas was suspected by authorities of taking part in the murder of James “Whitey” Bulger, he knew immediately why Geas might have done it.

“Freddy hated rats,” said McDonough, using the slang for criminal informants. McDonough had become friendly with Geas while working for him as an investigator.

“Freddy hated guys who abused women. Whitey was a rat who killed women. It’s probably that simple,” McDonough said.

Fotios “Freddy” Geas — Mafia hitman, career criminal, prison lifer — did not like informants, and was almost certainly well aware of the fact that Bulger had led a charmed life for a long time as an informant for the FBI.

People with knowledge of the investigation said that Bulger had requested to be housed in general population at the federal prison in Hazelton, W. Va., where he had just been transferred from a federal prison in Florida after a brief stop in Oklahoma.

Geas is serving a life sentence at the prison in Hazelton for his role in the assassination of Adolfo “Big Al” Bruno, the onetime head of the Mafia in Springfield, after both the man who ordered him to kill Bruno and the hitman he dispatched to do the murder turned on him and testified against him.

People familiar with the investigation suggest that Bulger was murdered by more than one of his fellow inmates, and that Geas didn’t dispute his role in the killing.