Who Else Wants to See Twilight Back In Theaters?

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey

Evilton

Why do black people call each other "Monica"?
Oct 1, 2006
yes.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
I actually might be convinced to watch that if they made it happen. Even better if some clueless twilight retards were there.

Sent from the USS Sulaco.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
We want to do our Mystery Science Theater 3000-style funny commentary for TWILIGHT, broadcast LIVE over hundreds of movie screens to a massive audience in a one-night event in August 2013. This Kickstarter is to help obtain the rights to TWILIGHT for that event!
LiddyRules

And it states that if they don't get Twilight, they will try to get another movie possibly from their worst movies of all time list.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Running a studio is a little more sophisticated than "Money! Yay!". Studios like brands that are worth billions more than they like $250.000.
I'm sure the studio would require a portion of the event sales as well. Why wouldn't they want to continue to cash in on a franchise after it's already over. It's kind of like re-releasing it in 3D even though it was never meant to be.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
I'm sure the studio would require a portion of the event sales as well. Why wouldn't they want to continue to cash in on a franchise after it's already over. It's kind of like re-releasing it in 3D even though it was never meant to be.
Because I'm sure they feel what MST3K wants to do with it will be seen as bad for the brand and damaging to its image possibly hurting the chances for them to make more money if/when they get the chance to continue the story. They told Stephanie Meyer they would only make more movies if she wrote more books. Which is stupid if you ask me Summit owns the movie rights (unless she was smart and only sold the writes to the books individually) they could just do it anyway and bleed the preteen girls dry. If she did sell the rights individually I'm sure if they did let mst3k do this it would piss her off and say fuck you ill never let you make another movie if/when I write more books costing them untold millions. So there really is no benefit for Summit/Lionsgate to let this happen. The studios due only care about the money but 250k ain't shit compared to what this brand can make for them in the future.

Gorilla Pimp

Popped a molly i'm sweatin, WOO
Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
So I've got a question.... Do they get to keep the money people donate after they get denied?