WHO lists anti-vaxxers as one of the top ten threats to global health in 2019

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

This story leaves me torn. The WHO (Jimmy: "Who Who, Who Who") is garbage, but so are anti-vaxxers.

KRSOne

Not all vaxines are created equal. Most are good, some are bad. Some people will react badly to them. In the past they added really bad additives like mercury so its not a black or white issue. I don't know if they still do add mercury in some vax but it can't be good if they do.

California will continue to be breakout central with all their anti vax hippies, open borders, and human waste/blood in the streets.

BIV

It shouldn't be optional, period.

You should get a choice, a vaccine in one hand, a plane ticket out of the country in the other.

22 people in south Washington have the measles. The fucking measles. All because one fuck wasn't vaccinated.

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound

You should get a choice, a vaccine in one hand, a plane ticket out of the country in the other.

22 people in south Washington have the measles. The fucking measles. All because one fuck wasn't vaccinated.
How did the other 21 get it?

BIV

Virus mutates in the weak host, becomes stronger and can be transmitted to people who have taken the vaccine. Especially kids and the elderly.

That's why vaccines used to be mandatory.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Vaccines aren't 100% effective. It's not about making each person who gets the vaccine 100% immune, it's about making enough people immune so the crud hits too many roadblocks as it tries to jump from person to person and it can't spread.

Creasy Bear

Donator
Not all vaxines are created equal. Most are good, some are bad. Some people will react badly to them. In the past they added really bad additives like mercury so its not a black or white issue. I don't know if they still do add mercury in some vax but it can't be good if they do.

California will continue to be breakout central with all their anti vax hippies, open borders, and human waste/blood in the streets.
The is no vaccine whose bad comes anywhere even close to outweighing its good.

KRSOne

The is no vaccine whose bad comes anywhere even close to outweighing its good.
I'm sure the people in Guatemala who purposely were given Syphilis through vaccines would agree with you.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator

It's not that simple. Requiring every child be injected with chemicals sounds like a horrible policy, regardless of how beneficial they are. I don't think I could support that. In 50 years what would that policy morph into? There are probably a couple million people in this country who would support injecting estrogen into boys today to reduce aggression.

However, I would support any private or public day care, school, recreational league, etc requiring vaccinations to enroll those kids, since your choice is now infringing on that of another person's.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
I know a girl I went to HS with who is OBSESSED with the anti-vax thing. No joke, her FB feed is nothing but anti-vax propaganda memes and links 24/7/365 and that's not an exaggeration on my part. Its like she spends all day every day on her computer or phone just share share sharing (similar to scroll scroll scroll Steve C). I wonder if she's taken a walk outside or left her room in years. I get the impression a lot of other people on the 'book got sick of it and blocked or unfriended her because its pretty much all she does. And if you are foolish enough to ask her about it you are just a rube who fell for big Pharma's tricks greed and cover up, maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Last edited:

domelogic

However, I would support any private or public day care, school, recreational league, etc requiring vaccinations to enroll those kids, since your choice is now infringing on that of another person's

Um isn’t that every child then? Unless you have home school children who never interact with any other children in some form or another

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Um isn’t that every child then? Unless you have home school children who never interact with any other children in some form or another
Exactly. Home schooling or a private school that doesn't require vaccination.

domelogic

Exactly. Home schooling or a private school that doesn't require vaccination.

That’s what I thought you meant. What happens though when they interact with other children, ie playing sports? Some of these diseases can be transferred pretty easily and some parents don’t give a shit if their child spreads something. That would be my fear since the sports my children play do not ask if they have been vaccinated. I know it is unlikely however it is still a possibility

Creasy Bear

Donator
There have been 3 outbreaks of measles across the US recently...

-Orthodox Jews in NY who don't vaccinate for stupid religious reasons.

-Somalis in Minnesota who don't vaccinate because they're just plain dumb as fuck.

-Hippies in Portland, Oregon who don't vaccinate for the same reason as the Somalis in Minnesota.

Measles outbreaks occur in the places where stupid people don't vaccinate for stupid reasons. It's clearly just a coincidence.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
There have been 3 outbreaks of measles across the US recently...

-Orthodox Jews in NY who don't vaccinate for stupid religious reasons.

-Somalis in Minnesota who don't vaccinate because they're just plain dumb as fuck.

-Hippies in Portland, Oregon who don't vaccinate for the same reason as the Somalis in Minnesota.

Measles outbreaks occur in the places where stupid people don't vaccinate for stupid reasons. It's clearly just a coincidence.
Their autism rates are super low though.

Creasy Bear

Donator
Their autism rates are super low though.
Actually, one of the reasons why the Somalis stopped vaccinating their kids was because a huge number of their kids were enrolled in sped classes, and diagnosed as autists. That, and Wakefield came to town, and the Somalis were dumb enough to believe his bullshit.

The Somali kids weren't autists though, they were just Somalis, and Somalis are naturally dumb as fuck.

Actually, one of the reasons why the Somalis stopped vaccinating their kids was because a huge number of their kids were enrolled in sped classes, and diagnosed as autists. That, and Wakefield came to town, and the Somalis were dumb enough to believe his bullshit.

The Somali kids weren't autists though, they were just Somalis, and Somalis are naturally dumb as fuck.
They are the Captain, now.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

The anti vaccination nitwits run around saying “Amish kids don’t have autism! They don’t vaccinate!”
They also don’t take their kids to the Dr, they send them to church run schools until 8th grade then encourage them to drop out of school, fuck their cousins, have their babies at home who die at an alarming rate, and like Somalis, are not the deepest or smartest gene pool.
But no autism! ......

Creasy Bear

Donator
The anti vaccination nitwits run around saying “Amish kids don’t have autism! They don’t vaccinate!”
They also don’t take their kids to the Dr, they send them to church run schools until 8th grade then encourage them to drop out of school, fuck their cousins, have their babies at home who die at an alarming rate, and like Somalis, are not the deepest or smartest gene pool.
But no autism! ......
Yep, the natural state of the Amish is autism.

Diagnosing the Amish as autistic would just be redundant.