Who Saw This Coming: Fatsos eat crap at fair and get sick.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine

Toronto Public Health has retrieved food samples from a vendor selling the much-promoted cronut burger at the Canadian National Exhibition, as it investigates a series of apparent food-poisoning cases that have been reported overnight.

In an update to reporters on Wednesday, Jim Chan, a manager with Toronto Public Health, said outside the CNE Food Building: "I understand that we have at least 12 cases that we know of."

He noted the number could be higher if more complaints come in following the first reports of poisonings Tuesday.

Chan said food inspectors do not yet have enough information to identify the specific food item or vendor at the source of the illnesses.

But he said inspectors are concentrating their efforts based on the number of reports relating to specific establishments.

Epic Burger, which makes the trendy hamburger with a croissant-doughnut mix for a bun, has been shut down temporarily.

"At this time, the CNE actually asked the restaurant not to operate until cleared by Toronto Public Health," Chan said.

Illnesses reported Tuesday night

At least a dozen patrons reported feeling ill and five of them were taken to hospital after eating at the annual Toronto fair Tuesday night.

Toronto Emergency Medical Services (EMS) were called to the CNE — the Ex — after people reported gastrointestinal problems, including stomach pain, vomiting and diarrhea.

For most of those dozen cases, the symptoms were minor, but five people were taken to hospital with what has been described as a minor gastrointestinal illness. None of the cases is life-threatening.

EMS could not confirm what the patients ate or whether they had visited the same food vendors.

It appeared, however, that some felt ill after eating the cronut burger, topped with a maple bacon jam. Optional toppings include egg and extra bacon.

CBC News was contacted Wednesday by two people who claim they became ill after eating a cronut burger at the Ex.

One said his wife became sick after eating the cronut burger, as well as seafood chowder fries, ice cream waffles and a smoothie. He, however, did not fall ill after eating a cronut burger.

Another man told CBC he felt ill after eating a cronut burger and a slate of other high-fat snacks that included a Canuck burger, sweet potato fries, poutine and a Philly cheesesteak.

The Epic Burger stand at the Ex remained closed Wednesday pending a health inspection. Epic Burger sells the famed cronut burger. (Trevor Dunn/CBC)

The CNE posted a statement on its website saying it is "very concerned about this situation and the people who have been affected by it."

Anyone who became ill after visiting the CNE on Tuesday is asked to call 311. The CNE can be contacted directly at 416-598-7285.

The Ex opened Friday and runs through Sept. 2. It typically draws more than one million visitors each year.

In recent years, the Ex has offered a number of unusual food items, including deep-fried butter.
Link

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Do the have tasting spoons for these tubs of lard, or are they gobbling down whole servings?

If you eat too much, your system has a way of dealing with it.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
That reminds me: La Festa Italiana is coming up...aka La Festa Salmonilla..

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Do the have tasting spoons for these tubs of lard, or are they gobbling down whole servings?

If you eat too much, your system has a way of dealing with it.
I haven't been to the CNE like in 25 years... I think the "worst" thing there back in the day was funnel cakes...

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
I haven't been to the CNE like in 25 years... I think the "worst" thing there back in the day was funnel cakes...
I refuse to eat anything at those types of events. Having the shits in a portable potty sucks.

That reminds me: La Festa Italiana is coming up...aka La Festa Salmonilla..
Sounds like Pepto should sponsor it.

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
do some people just want to have a heart attack and die?

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
One said his wife became sick after eating the cronut burger, as well as seafood chowder fries, ice cream waffles and a smoothie. He, however, did not fall ill after eating a cronut burger.

Another man told CBC he felt ill after eating a cronut burger and a slate of other high-fat snacks that included a Canuck burger, sweet potato fries, poutine and a Philly cheesesteak.
Ahhh, that's right. I had the lasagna.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I refuse to eat anything at those types of events. Having the shits in a portable potty sucks.
There are often physical bathrooms in the livestock barns (if it's that type of fair), and the ones closest to the poultry area are usually the least used. Find one of those and you'll have all the peace and quiet your digestive system needs.

Pretty much the most valuable thing I learned from 4-H/FFA.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
There are often physical bathrooms in the livestock barns (if it's that type of fair), and the ones closest to the poultry area are usually the least used. Find one of those and you'll have all the peace and quiet your digestive system needs.

Pretty much the most valuable thing I learned from 4-H/FFA.
This is at the Canadian National Exhibition... there are porta shiters but there are also bunch of permanent buildings. I used to work the national home show there back in the day.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
This is at the Canadian National Exhibition... there are porta shiters but there are also bunch of permanent buildings. I used to work the national home show there back in the day.
The best bathroom at our local fair was in the little art gallery. It was near the livestock area, but out of the way enough that no one even knew it existed. We would use that one all the time, and once I heard a girl who worked in it complaining about all the livestock guys using their bathroom... fuck her, we brought in exponentially more money and people than she did.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
My mom said if i ate a stick of butter i would get boo boo belly

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
The best bathroom at our local fair was in the little art gallery. It was near the livestock area, but out of the way enough that no one even knew it existed. We would use that one all the time, and once I heard a girl who worked in it complaining about all the livestock guys using their bathroom... fuck her, we brought in exponentially more money and people than she did.
This is a really big one that has been running for over 100 yars...

It is right downtown on the lake shore... and very near to it is the baseball stadium and the Air Canada Centre... who ever was the city planner who thought that up should be kicked in the balls.