Who saw this coming? Worst-of CBS on XM This Week

From Opieandanthony.com

First off, starting Monday, June 11th, XM 202 - The Virus will be airing The Best of 'CBS' Shows in the morning, and replaying through the day, so while the actual "LIVE" Opie and Anthony POgram won't be returning to XM until Friday June 15th, you'll be able to hear what we've been up to on the terrestrial side for the past month.

madbam

I'm on da Zoloft..........
But they will still be Live on FM right?:huh:

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
i guess its the CBS show because its safe for XM to air it in this Post-Imus world and they haven't screened enough old shows to run worst of's with yet. we should feel grateful that they have even did this though before june 15th.

die

GoodDaySir

25 points a 2 point conversion & eternal damnation
They won't air the live show they're currently doing but they'll air a best of the live show that they're currently doing.

This entire thing doesn't add up at all.

I think its a bit of a compromise- sticking to their decision about the suspension,, and also its a bit of pure business trying to pull their fans back in. and probably also trying to prove that they will infact return on the 15th

GoodDaySir

I think its a bit of a compromise- sticking to their decision about the suspension,, and also its a bit of pure business trying to pull their fans back in. and probably also trying to prove that they will infact return on the 15th
But then it's not really a suspension if they're airing what they've been up to on the CBS side of things. Since they're airing the CBS show then why not air it live?

Maybe I could understand it if it were WNEW bits or even older XM only ones...to air what they've been doing DURING the suspension makes absolutely no sense.

But then it's not really a suspension if they're airing what they've been up to on the CBS side of things. Since they're airing the CBS show then why not air it live?

Maybe I could understand it if it were WNEW bits or even older XM only ones...to air what they've been doing DURING the suspension makes absolutely no sense.
its business. they obviously care what happens to fans of the show who are/were xm customers. but they cant give in and end the suspension, so they are doing this instead. I dont see any other way to interpret it.

if the fanbase didnt matter in their bottom line, they wouldnt have done this

GoodDaySir

its business. they obviously care what happens to fans of the show who are/were xm customers. but they cant give in and end the suspension, so they are doing this instead. I dont see any other way to interpret it.

if the fanbase didnt matter in their bottom line, they wouldnt have done this
But then they're not not exactly suspended from XM so much as they're delayed at this point. It's tempting for people like me who canceled to resubscribe in order to catch up (which could be a way of attempting to reel people back in) but that's still not the point of dishing out "punishment".

I don't know...just doesn't seem like a traditional suspension.

Seems like they are trying to have it both ways. Are they hoping that this will get those of us who have dropped our subscriptions to come back? If they want to play the show, just fucking play it! And yes, I used an exclamation point.

VOD

It's because Black Earl can't actually do best-ofs.

ginaf20697

Jeez they just get more and more retarded :icon_roll

mascan42

It's not. Most suspensions don't end up costing the company millions of dollars because thousands of angry fans cancelled.

Maddog62

Dark Lord of PEST
What! Why? Who? Shit! How does this make sence and why does this prove they are comming back uncensored on xm. Personally I hate the CBS show and i do think it has done little to better the show. Actually even know I support the CBS show, I think it has done little to improve the show as a whole. Maybe the CBS show becomes more important then XM. I guess i am greatfull for the Travelling virus in LV but this is hurting me.... i can't fucking take this shit...........

ffuege

But then they're not not exactly suspended from XM so much as they're delayed at this point. It's tempting for people like me who canceled to resubscribe in order to catch up (which could be a way of attempting to reel people back in) but that's still not the point of dishing out "punishment".

XM just didn't seem to have a real clue on how to handle controversial "bad" press. They freaked and told O&A to cool it and then freaked again when they didn't. I'm just not surprised because it seems like they're winging it with no clear direction for O&A to know how to really act. All this makes it look like XM would kick a dog as they're giving him a steak. :icon_roll

Maddog62

Dark Lord of PEST
It must be the billboards:icon_mrgr
I am glad they are giving in but this make no fucking sence. We are complaining about XM censoring OnA so when they give in, they give us the censored CBS version of the show. I guess i willl run out and resubscribe on my broken Tao and piss in my own mouth for giggles. I fucking hate XM................

I am glad they are giving in but this make no fucking sence. We are complaining about XM censoring OnA so when they give in, they give us the censored CBS version of the show. I guess i willl run out and resubscribe on my broken Tao and piss in my own mouth for giggles. I fucking hate XM................
Hate is a such a strong word, appropriate and well deserved... and strong too!