Who uses personal finanical planners?

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
My wife and I recently met with someone from Ameriprise about a personal plan. We are just starting out and want to figure out the best and quickest way to pay down our credit debt and buy a house. The guy we met with has been very helpful so far. No complaints. But always the skeptic, I want dirt. I looked around online and couldn't find much in the way of consumer reports on the different financial firms. Which ones have you used and how pleased have you been with their service?W

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Im currently looking into this myself. I'm 42, and my company eliminated our pension. I've built up my 401K but I need advice on other options to ensure I have a comfy retirement.

I have an investment account with Salomon Smith Barney and the 401K with Fidelity. I'm thinking about retaining a CFA to review my investments and help me put a comprehensive plan together.

I've never heard of Ameriprise. Right off the bat I would be careful if they were pitching you their own branded funds or annuities. Before you put the cash in and pay the fees check out some other brokerages and CFAs to see what they suggest.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
Ameriprise I believe is the current name that American Express is calling their investment wing. They seem to change their name every couple of years maybe to keep people from remembering their past? I used them a couple of name changes ago and they weren't bad.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Financial Panther eh?

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
We're supposed to be having a financial planner come to the next delegates meeting to present his material to us. If we decide that what he's trying to sell is anything worth-while we'll allow the information to be sent to our union members.

The next meeting's not until November 14, but I'm at the union hall at least once a week doing something for one member or another, so if you want his name & number, I'll gladly get it for you.

Angelfuck

Part of the Ronnie B. crowd
my brother-in-law is a very good CFP, if anyone in the tri-state area is actually looking for a good financial planner shoot me a pm

A

ameriwho

I wouldn't use Ameriprise for financial advice as their idea of saving for a home is through a variable universal life insurance policy (VUL). You can read the horror stories at http://www.ameriprisesuck.com .

agentjmw

Clayton Townly Businessman
Anyone you talk to that mentions "Whole life" or "universal life" run away from them. Its for suckers...

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Stay away from any kind of annuity too.

Hell just buy into an indexed stock fund, every major house has a good no load Wilshire 5000 total stock market index fund.

Top Bottom