Who wants The Return Of The "CBS Bit" ?

mattiew23m

Nice Head Deek
I heard on 1010 wins, that 101.1 is switching back to the oldies format. I would find it hillarious for ant to bring back that old bit.. But, that would make it local, but it would be a riot. I know they work for the same company, but even if they did it over on the Xm side, it would kill. Some are reporting as early as Wed the format will return. Maybe Frank will call up, because he's a child toucher.. I sure missed Harry Sack ON C B S!!!!!!!!<INSERT ECHO HERE>

Read about it here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/08/nyregion/08brucie.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
doubt they will rehash the bit but hopefully since this is in the news they will play the CBS bit from 11 to 12 soon.

That really is a great bit

mendozathejew

when Ant did the cbs fm bit, it was my favorite all time oa bit probably until some of the better XM stuff. and I know alot of people hate when the ran bits into the ground, but that made this bit better I think

commish13

Personal Friend of Chris Jericho
It sucked and everybody who would have been the target audience already had better stuff on their iPods?

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
What happened to Jack FM?

(paraphrasing Jimmy's immortal Spiderman line) it stank and people didn't like it

I have to say though - I like the "oldies" when the stuff my parents listened to were considered "oldies"...now the stuff I grew up listening to in the late 60's & 70's are "oldies" and that makes me feel like an "oldie". :icon_roll

And yes, I hope they do bring back the old CBS bit ... it was classic OnA

GLENN_THE_TOOL

The reward is cheese.
i love the CBS bit, it's the one that turned me into a fan. i had actually heard one of the jocks on CBS making fun of a couple of guys named Opie & Anthony earlier that day, since my father always had CBS FM on in the car. so i got home, searched them out, and found them just as they started to respond to it and poke fun at CBS. i was laughing so hard that i was on my knees holding my stomach, tears welling up in my eyes. i've been a loyal fan ever since and that bit never leaves my iPod.

I hope they do it and CBS fires them ...back to 4 hours of XM ..YIPPIE !

mstscc

My man has The Beetus
This is the bit that turned me on to O&A on XM. I never heard of them before until that day. Just making the rounds on the XM Roady on a Saturday and I heard somthing about a NAMBLA meeting in an echo voice. My jaw dropped and the channel has not changed. I say bring it back.

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
People listen to music on the FM radio still? Well, no shit.

CBS bit top five all time.

23 Skidoo

She ENTICED me
.... Yeah you might remember this one...Takin' you right back to 1976, it's Elton John with Kiki Dee, Don't go Breakin' My heart. And I remember her yelling Don't Go Breakin' my Hymen. C B S!!!!

In my opinion, definitely the Gold standard for O&A bits. Hopefully they at least allude to it.

badcellphoneguy

Kansas City...Kansas City here they come!
Hey everybody Phil McCracken here the next song is Wooley Bully. Yeah thats the way i like my girls with a big hairy gash...cbs

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
This is one of the best bits to get someone infected with. You don't have to know anything about the show - it's just balls out funny. That guy that called in bashing them only made it longer and better!

mendozathejew

haho frank, looks like hitler missed a few.

mattiew23m

Nice Head Deek
"He doesn't understand it, and dedicated to him we'll play "a little understanding" takin' ya way back to 1962 frank!" "We understand ya, were listening to you here at CBS FM."

"Suck me, CBS!!!!"

Sprite

permanent case of the Moooondays
are people forgetting that the greatest bits usually just happen naturally and cannot just be "brought back"?

mattiew23m

Nice Head Deek
yea, i thought about that. But, it would be hillarious to welcome the station back with a little friendly bashing :)

iSpeakEloquent

HENRIK LUUUUUUUUUUUNDQVIST
one of the best parts of that bit is psycho mark cackling in the background

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
easily in my top 5 favorite bits ever. it was just so immature and off the cuff. the beauty is that there was no way they would have ever known they'd be going down that road that day until the second the caller told Ant the guy was busting on him.

Claude Balls here with ya!.....

Eddie Money! Two tickets to Paradise!
Hey I've got two tickets to paradise right here - for the NAMBLA convention this weekend at the Javits Center. Here's to hairless little boys!
C - B - S !"

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
I think what happened with Jack is that they're realizing numbers matter (even if its just an older demo rather than the lucrative younger ones) since you're never going to get the big numbers back from the young ipod crowd.

So CBS-FM will try to bring back oldies fans and classic rock fans (who have only had Q104 for a few years)....maybe they'll even spin it a little bit to include something more. K-Rock is a little too heavy for me now.

mattiew23m

Nice Head Deek
I think what happened with Jack is that they're realizing numbers matter (even if its just an older demo rather than the lucrative younger ones) since you're never going to get the big numbers back from the young ipod crowd.

So CBS-FM will try to bring back oldies fans and classic rock fans (who have only had Q104 for a few years)....maybe they'll even spin it a little bit to include something more. K-Rock is a little too heavy for me now.
Ehh a couple things sound weird about The new CBS FM, rumor is that it won't be as much 50's, and 60's stuff. It will be more 70's and 80's. Isn't that what Q104.3 sorta does? Krock touches on some of the 80s stuff from time to time.(Which Q104.3 does as well) And Jack did that as well. I'm only 26, and I actually think it should be 50s, 60s, 70s, and some 80s (very little). Mostly 50s, 60's and 70's. I think most of us remember the station growing up, and hearing our parents tune it in, and that's what we would hear. Its what the station is KNOWN for.. That's why there is a buzz about it..

Krock - should just be targeting the young demo. As much as I HATE most new music, that's what they should be playing. Basically, hardcore music, stupid fuckin' emo bands, and new rock. Then throw in some REAL metal to satisfy the younger crowd, that enjoys that type of music. 90's music is considered classic rock already. Sure, I love the hits, but they need to grab the stupid attention of the younger demo.

In my opinion, just constant new music, with live DJS behind the wheel.

Well, Jack, and Free Fm were a complete waste of time. I hope southern guy pulls off more than just flipping formats, but making the old formats work in today's radio climate.

On A more serious note: I think, caller GEO is still waiting For Harry Sack to hook him up with some Beach Boys.... LOL

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Big Dick Gozinya here.
Hey, I'm a kid toucher! CBSsssss

Lonelily

put something clever here
(paraphrasing Jimmy's immortal Spiderman line) it stank and people didn't like it

I have to say though - I like the "oldies" when the stuff my parents listened to were considered "oldies"...now the stuff I grew up listening to in the late 60's & 70's are "oldies" and that makes me feel like an "oldie". :icon_roll

And yes, I hope they do bring back the old CBS bit ... it was classic OnA
Eh, Im 21 but I still consider that Classic Rock. What makes me laugh is that now people some people I know listen to pop rock, or alternative rock from the mid-nineties like they are oldies or classic.