Who was a more disappointing interview? Angry Videogame Nerd or Seth MacFarlane?

Who was a more disappointing guest?

• Total voters

Zillax0rz

Fagor, King of Fags, Ruler of Fagonia
The interview with the Angry Videogame Nerd today was so similar to the Seth MacFarlane interview that I am absolutely baffled at who was more disappointing. Two guys that are hilarious with their art, but get 'em on the radio and they are the most mundane, plain, boring guests in the world. So which one disappointed you more?

Tryaluckystrike

I voted for AVGN. MacFarlane gets the benefit of the doubt for calling into the FM side of the show early in the morning and being generally exhausted.

With AVGN, I think his familiarity with the show is what killed the interview. You can tell he was pulling back because he was worried about getting ripped for telling a corny joke or being too much like his online character. Could be he didn't want to become a "Ramone" victim, silent game participant, or ping pong spectator.

James didn't seem to have the confidence to hang and that's what makes "online celebrities" so different from "true celebrities." They don't have what it takes to just give an engaging interview, even when those conducting the interview are big fans and enjoy the work.

Maybe he'll listen to the replay and realize he didn't give it his all and try again. I blame Opie. It's just easier that way!

Forgetting about MacFarlane, I'd rather know if pests found AVGN more disappointing than the guy that played Damone (sp?) in Fast Times. He's a character Ant quotes all the time and it sounds like when he was on the show (I never heard the clip) he gave the boys nothing.

maz

TRueWDTer
woulda liked if they asked
about the WOW sticker

thought the interview was OK though
nuthin' special
but love his vids

TallBaby

Unregistered User .
I said this in the listening thread, but I just thought the questions they asked AVGN werent that great. Lots of Danny and Anthony just recapping stuff he did in the video and expecting him to want to explain stuff even further. They didnt bother to ask what games he was going to be reviewing next, they didnt ask much about the process of picking a game and turning it into a video, they didnt ask anything about how famous he is/if he gets recognized, they didnt ask about how he became a fan of the show, etc. It was basically just... "The one I liked most was the Top Gun one where you couldnt land the plane....what do you think about that?" Do you really expect him to have a great answer for that?

I think he could have definitely spoken more and been a little more confident by actually getting into character a little bit...but we all know he's a fan, so he probably didnt want Opie to trash him. I also have to wonder if they made it clear to him that the interview was on the XM side, since I dont think he cursed once. Anyway, I think it'd be better if he came into the studio next time (if there is a next time) rather than trying to interview him on the phone.

maz

TRueWDTer
Tax Is Back

Yea !!

Xtra Krispy

I enjoyed it although it was dull. I just enjoyed how it came about. I wish they would have gotten more into his gaming knowledge or as it was said, more about the games coming up in his reviews.

RMPGP

It's hard to expect a lot from the kid, he's not a pro like the comedians they deal with regularly. I was waiting for the interview to take an ugly turn against him, but I think Danny and Anthony were pulling him out of the fire.

KOTT

i am a huge nerd fan..the guys rocks.. he isnt a huge celeb and isnt accustom to doing radio. give the guy a break.. o&A are intimidating, especially if you are a phoner. james is a fan so he probably wasnt sure if they were gonna fuck with him or not. o&a turn on people quickly on the phone sometimes. im really glad o&a were nice to him the whole time though. i was worried they would start fucking with him after all those one word answers.

i thought he did ok. He's no kevin smith, but he was good for what he was on for. YOu could tell he was nervous at the start, but he got his stuff together by the end...

maz

TRueWDTer
i thought he did ok. He's no kevin smith, but he was good for what he was on for. YOu could tell he was nervous at the start, but he got his stuff together by the end...
agreed
no problem here
if he's on again
he'll be fine

blotto98

YEAH! Wait. What?
I can't vote because I didn't hear the Seth MacFarlane interview but the AVGN put me to sleep. The only time he had any enthusiasm was when he was pimping his multiple websites.

MilkmanDan

Uncontrollable Urge
LEAVE HIM ALONE !

AVGN did fine, was nervous could tell

Jim T.

Calmo, calmo...
Neither one was as bad as Harvey Levin.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
What you didn't enjoy Harvey Levin trying to justify his fame or better yet his existance on the planet Earth. I didn't hear AVN interview, so I can't vote in the poll. But I will say this in Seth's defense, he is a master of his craft, but he really isn't a good interview. The only one I have seen him feel comfortable with, was when he did one for Fox movie channel.

Dirty330

PRICS #1116
Yes i really expected more from him.
He literally and figuratively just "phoned it in".
It was like he HAD to do the interview and was just giving 10 minutes or whatever and punched out so to speak.
It's like he really didn't want anything to do with the bbboys aside from promoting his own interests. I mean that is what is all about anyhow but I expected more.

WonkaVision

To my Friends!!! To My Friends!!!
I missed AVGN, but the Seth McFarland Interview was god awful...definitly due to the different Time Zones.

Seth and AVGN are both funny mother fuckers...I will definitly hear it on the replay today.

Can someone please link the AVGN audio. Please?
http://cinemassacre.com/AVGN/Nerd_news.html

It's under Angry Video Game Nerd -> News (1/9/08)

embedded link:

[media]http://cinemassacre.com/AVGN/audio/AVGNopieanthony.mp3[/media]

In my opinion, the AVGN was probably nervous about being the "star" guest on a show he listens to (wouldn't you be too if you were the center of attention on O&A?). I think if you either got him on the phone again for a second interview, or even better in studio for a "hang", he would do much better (like most guests do).

prozac

I Munch on Bloody Tampons for Protein
Have to say Seth...he was cool but waaay to low key.

Bobobie

They could have asked him how he got the idea of shitting on Bugs Bunny. That was funny as hell. I don't care how he interviewed on O&A. His videos make up for it.

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
http://cinemassacre.com/AVGN/Nerd_news.html

It's under Angry Video Game Nerd -> News (1/9/08)

embedded link:

[media]http://cinemassacre.com/AVGN/audio/AVGNopieanthony.mp3[/media]

In my opinion, the AVGN was probably nervous about being the "star" guest on a show he listens to (wouldn't you be too if you were the center of attention on O&A?). I think if you either got him on the phone again for a second interview, or even better in studio for a "hang", he would do much better (like most guests do).

Thank you very much sir!:action-sm

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
You guys are tools. The kid was a good interview. He was interviewed as himself, not AVGN. Did you expect him to just start yelling shit and fuck?

Top Bottom