Whoopi Chimes in on Vick

Spadanko

Feb 9, 2006
Bloomfield
Just 15 minutes into the show she brought up Vick's conviction on dogfighting charges.

"You know from his background this is not an unusual thing for where he comes from," said Goldberg.

"There are certain things that are indicative to certain parts of our country."

Co-host Joy Behar seemed shocked at Goldberg's statements.

"How about dog torture and dog murdering," Behar asked.

"Unfortunately it's part of the thing," Goldberg replied.

"You're a dog lover. For a lot of people dogs are sport," she added.

Behar continued to shake her head in disgust.

Goldberg said it seemed to her that it took a while for Vick to realize that the charges against him were serious.

"It seemed like a light went off in his head when he realized that this was something the entire country really didn't appreciated, didn't like," Goldberg said, referring to Vick's guilty plea.

She said if the case had involved somebody from New York City her feelings would have been different.

Goldberg pointed out that Vick was raised in the South.

"This is part of his cultural upbringing," said Goldberg.

Co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck said she was encouraged by the NFL suspending Vick indefinitely.

But Goldberg continued to defend Vick saying "This is a kid who comes from a culture when this is not questioned."

It was Goldberg's first day moderating the talk show. She took over from Rosie O'Donnell who quit the show earlier this year after feuds with Donald Trump and Hasselbeck.

Last month Vick entered a guilty plea in federal court in Richmond, Virginia

In his written plea, Vick admitted helping kill six to eight pit bulls and supplying money for gambling on the fights.

Vick will be sentenced on the dogfighting charges in December. The federal sentencing guideline projects a year to 18 months, but the judge can impose up to the five-year maximum.

Vick and three co-defendants, Purnell Peace of Virginia Beach, Quanis Phillips of Atlanta and Tony Taylor of Hampton all pleaded guilty to interstate dogfighting conspiracy charges.

The details outlined in the indictment and other court papers fueled a public backlash against Vick and cost him several lucrative endorsement deals, even before he agreed to plead guilty.

The case began in late April when authorities conducting a drug investigation of Vick's cousin raided the former Virginia Tech star's rural Surry County property and seized dozens of dogs, some injured, and equipment commonly used in dogfighting.

Jan 3, 2006
In Fleas Mom's Box
He killed dogs. end.
Holy shit, people are actually defending the savage.
Why? He's being persecuted because he's black, ya know. White people are more focused on animal cruelty rather than problems going on in the nig-nog community!

Fucking Nappy haired wiggle Whoopi.

lordankur

OH BOY! a doody hat! aaaehhh? (with proudness)
May 16, 2007
staten island
yea lets worry bout some million dollar qb killin dogs n shit but not worry bout all the other shit thats wrong wiht this country....fuck him and his dogs...he will serve his time and come out christian reborn...fuck that

how bout we worry bout our owns and then rest will take care of it self... in china they eat dogs FUCK IT

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
it really doesnt surprise me that the Predetor would defend vick.....

mwgiii

Jul 27, 2005
Birmingham, AL
There is no defense for it, but it is cultural.

There are dog fights & cock (rooster) fights in the "black" part of most town in the South almost every weekend.

Davel23

Feb 26, 2005
This whole "it's cultural" defense pisses me off to no end.

In some parts of the south, stringing up a black person is cultural. Does that make it ok?

bill333

Go Screw!
Mar 23, 2005
Orange County,NY - Hudson Valley
Yeah but this isn't the 30's back in the woods, when people didn't have news all over the place 24/7. He knew it was wrong and illegal, whether he was accustomed to it or not. Fuck that stupid idiot. He was given the biggest NFL contract and fucked it up.

You can take... ah never mind.:icon_roll

Sidgoop

Aug 29, 2002
New Orleans
Let's see, by Whoopi's (and the NAACP) logic, traditions in the South should be overlooked because it's cultural. Therefore, as a Southerner, it is my cultural right to own a few slaves, burn a few crosses, and fuck my cousin.
You know, they might actually be on to something.....

bill333

Go Screw!
Mar 23, 2005
Orange County,NY - Hudson Valley
Let's see, by Whoopi's (and the NAACP) logic, traditions in the South should be overlooked because it's cultural. Therefore, as a Southerner, it is my cultural right to own a few slaves, burn a few crosses, and fuck my cousin.
Your cousin hot?

Farm Flufer

P.I.S.S. #202
Apr 28, 2005
Tampa, FL
I believe that is exactly what she's saying.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Have you ever realized that white laws be different from black laws? White laws be stuffy like "Don't do this, don't do that" but black laws be all "you wanna kill dogs? that shit's cool wit us." And theys expect us to follow them pansy white laws like we wear a suit and tie and shits.

Debbie1125

Mar 4, 2007
Philly, PA
I am so damn tired of people like Whoppi and the NAACP defending the lowest form of scumbag just because they're black. If it were a white player who was guilty of the same thing as Vick, I'm sure it would be a different story.

They all need to just STFU and concentrate on stopping their own race from genociding each other. 99% of the murders in Philadelphia so far in 2007 have been in predominantly black neighborhoods. Talk about that Whoopi, you stupid racist idiot.

she's just trying to get publicity for her shitty ass morning show by coming out as one black person supporting another black person. It's the same story over and over again with these black athletes. If you were raised in the backwoods where this sort of thing was common, I can understand that...but when you have a million dollar contract and (theoretically) an obligation to your teammates and investors to be able to keep up to your end of the bargain, you can't do that shit anymore.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
she's just trying to get publicity for her shitty ass morning show by coming out as one black person supporting another black person. It's the same story over and over again with these black athletes. If you were raised in the backwoods where this sort of thing was common, I can understand that...but when you have a million dollar contract and (theoretically) an obligation to your teammates and investors to be able to keep up to your end of the bargain, you can't do that shit anymore.
Some of you guys apparently didn't read the whole post. It's taken from "The View," NOT her Wake up with Whoopi show. The View is the famously high-rated show with Barbara Walters.

But back to Whoopi: She's more than an ass, she's a Goddamn Rich Can't!

P.S. to NorfbyNorfwest: It's the key in the small cluster just above the arrow keys. :action-sm

agentjmw

Clayton Townly Businessman
Jul 13, 2005
Mayor Tilman: "Fact is, we got two cultures down here: a white culture, and a colored culture. Now, that's the way it always has been, and that's the way it always will be. "

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
No surprise here. If a white person were accused of the same crime it would be horriffic.
For them, it's just a misunderstood way of life. BULLSHIT!