Why are we stopping the MERGER?

Mike

I see a lot of energy being targeted at contacting the FCC about stopping the merger. How does this relate to O&A getting back on the air....if at all?

I see a lot of energy being targeted at contacting the FCC about stopping the merger. How does this relate to O&A getting back on the air....if at all?
I guess you missed XM's new advertising logo

BadGuy

The executioner of Mouseschwitz!
I don't mean to be "Ruin the bit guy", but eliminating competition is not good for the consumer and if stopping it fucks XM in the process, there's an added bonus. If it fucks Sirius also, it's a double bonus. Besides, what do you think would happen to O&A once the buyout (It's not a merger) is complete with Mel K. running things - he's already fired them once. Hoo Hoo was behind it then and would be again.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Fuck Melvin and Howie. No good can come with working with those types of people.

why the fuck do you think they were suspended in the first place?

Why am I against the merge? It would be a monopoly. There would be no other option for satellite radio. I think that's reason enough.

W

wuz

I thought it would be a great value for the consumer and stern?

Lets face it, Besides stern and Opie and Anthony what do they have to Offer?

Playlists

Sirius: FM radio without commericials
XM: FM radio with heavy influence on playing the worst non hits ever

Sound Quality

Sirius: Boom box with a cd playing, buried in a seat cushion
XM: Ditto

I could give a fuck less after that about what choices of music and entertainment they have to offer. Those are the two failing points
I only got XM for the boys, and since getting fucked by XM without lube
I will now not get them even with the boys and steal the show for free
And continue to use my Sirius unit for free like I have been for two years now.
Way to purge canceled radio id's after X amount of time so we get free service

BadGuy

The executioner of Mouseschwitz!
Lets face it, Besides stern and Opie and Anthony what do they have to Offer?

Playlists

Sound Quality

Sirius: Boom box with a cd playing, buried in a seat cushion
XM: Ditto

I could give a fuck less after that about what choices of music and entertainment they have to offer. Those are the two failing points
My boss and I were talking about it today - he wants the merger to go through because his Lincoln Navigator and his Mercedes both have Sirius and he wants the XM content too. I told him that I don't want it to go through because I only listen to a handful of stations of the 140 that are currently available. I don't need more content, I don't want anything that's run by Mel, and I don't want a monopoly that holds the consumer hostage.

My boss and I were talking about it today - he wants the merger to go through because his Lincoln Navigator and his Mercedes both have Sirius and he wants the XM content too. I told him that I don't want it to go through because I only listen to a handful of stations of the 140 that are currently available. I don't need more content, I don't want anything that's run by Mel, and I don't want a monopoly that holds the consumer hostage.
XM was very tolerable back in the day when the sound quality was as near CD quality as you can get without actually being CD quality. For years XM BLEW away Sirius in SQ. Then they had to make it 170+ channels and everything went to shit since

PyThomas

Coke float's in my cup
XM + Sirius = Karmazin + Panero

Karmazin > Panero, thus Karmazin = New Boss

XM - Merger Decision From Government = (O+A) + Bullseye; consequently, (O+A) + Bullseye = (O+A) - Balls

Karmazin (New Boss) = Stern > (O+A)

Karmazin + Stern = 69, thus Karmazin + Stern = (O+A) + New Gag Order

Ergo, under Karmazin (XM+Sirius), (O+A) + Slightest Policy Violation To Piss Off Karmazin = (O+A) + Pink Slip from (XM+Sirius) + Radio Ban Until Contract Runs Out + Whatever Non-Compete Period They Have On Contract

In conclusion, XM + Sirius = Really Fucking Bad Idea Where Opie & Anthony Are Concerned

Blu Swade

Vajayjay lover!
XM + Sirius = Karmazin + Panero

Karmazin > Panero, thus Karmazin = New Boss

XM - Merger Decision From Government = (O+A) + Bullseye; consequently, (O+A) + Bullseye = (O+A) - Balls

Karmazin (New Boss) = Stern > (O+A)

Karmazin + Stern = 69, thus Karmazin + Stern = (O+A) + New Gag Order

Ergo, under Karmazin (XM+Sirius), (O+A) + Slightest Policy Violation To Piss Off Karmazin = (O+A) + Pink Slip from (XM+Sirius) + Radio Ban Until Contract Runs Out + Whatever Non-Compete Period They Have On Contract

In conclusion, XM + Sirius = Really Fucking Bad Idea Where Opie & Anthony Are Concerned
QED!

ChlorofirmDiva

lil' conners good chum
There are a couple of other things too, which i know are on pages of this board somewhere.
a) someone touched on this before, but we all know mel k ruined regular radio. He is about maximizing revenue, which means increased subscription rates and eventually commercials on all channells. Plus, mel sucks howards dick.
2) Channels that are viewed as redundancies will be removed. And there is a difference; Sirius tends to have a much more hit laden playlist, no matter the format, while Xm will play something you like but havent heard in a while. Personally, i like hearing the variety.
%#) MOST IMPORTANTLY, the o&a suspension was only caused by this merger. XM and Siruis HAVE to have government approval to get rid of laws that were put in place just to prevent a merger specific to satellite radio. It might be hard to convince congress to approve of this deal if we have a station devoted to three guys (yes, im counting you jimmy, love ya op, love ya ant) who joke about the **** of condi rice , the first lady, and the queen of england. Lets face it, much worse things hav been said (terry schiavo, pat obrian, chandra levy, ANYONE REMEMBER THE INTERVIEW WITH THE HOGAN HEROES GUY!!!), the only reason for the suspension is ease the FCC and pass the merger through. Merger gets cancelled = norton can make aids jokes again.

cknight725

Wackbag Biblical Scholar
One of the cornerstones of the concerns about the merger is a reduced variety of programming and reduced customer choice. O&A need to be on Satellite radio -- right now, they have options. After the merger, there won't be any. That is reason enough for me ...

thrawn42

Hackmaster Jones Sr.
I'll just quote myself on this one.

thrawn42 said:
I'm against this merger because I don't want to have to drive a flatbed truck to listen to satellite radio.

Playlists

I just discovered slacker, and now even with all my XM channels, Satellite fells as dated as FM radio. I want to be able to set up my own station, with the artists I like, and still have new stuff thrown at me from time to time.. If slacker has a decent portable/car unit, I may go to online XM only, to catch the shows live at work. XM's music is pretty much useless to me, unless I feel like listening to some random genere for a change of pace.

That's what's dissapointing about XM. Even before the suspension, they were very hesitant to support talk shows that are worth anything. Yeah, they have O&A.. and they keep R&F buried in middays.. but they would never expand to give R&F a chanel, and bring on stuff like The Hideout.

..but they keep adding crappy pre-programed music channels.

XM doesen't seem to realize that they're only a step behind FM radio as far as being replaced by the ipod.