Why Did Opie Start Playing Videogames over Ant's Discussion on Friday

Why Did Opie Start Playing Videogames over Ant's Discussion on Friday

• He made a mistake, but at the time, he thought Anthony was talking about Obama.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • That was his signal to talk about indoor t-ball and destroyed electronics.

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Jim Brewer was on hold, barking at burglars to prevent a home invasion.

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

George Costanza

All Hail the Dragonslayer.
Aug 10, 2007
Lake Orion Michigan
I was really enjoying the debate and Anthony wasn't just screaming as Opie had said. It kind of annoyed me that opie started acting so unprofessional. I know Ant yelled during the obama election and it was kind of repetitive at times. I was really enjoying the bit until Opie made it clear, he was tired of hearing that bit by playing angry turds. I was surprised when Opie started playing his phone game into the live mic.

I just don't understand why Opie would be so passive agressive. When was the last race discussion before the one on Friday? Opie acted like no one wanted to hear it by his odd response to the discussion.

I was real glad when the caller Jim called in and said people endure Opie's frequent stories about kids and his kids.. I fast forward on those discussions after they became more frequent in last year. I find little merit in them. I prefer Anthony discussing a newstory with passion, he may raise his voice a little if he's in the zone but I didn't hear screaming yesterday. It was compelling talk until opie decided no one wants to her it.

Does Anthony start playing call of duty on his phone into the mic when Opie is talking about how amazing kids ears are?

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
Hey, whatever keeps the guy from talking on talk radio, right?

I don't know where you got the notion that anybody in that studio is "professional" because they aren't.
The most professional of the lot is Jim Norton who prepares for interviews by reading books and watching
movies and stays "later" (like a whopping 20 minutes after 10) for interviews and at least half of that is his dry-drunk
addiction to celebrity autographs and photos.

They frequently take days off for silly shit, drink and eat on the mic for entire shows, blow off meetings, wouldn't do
an extra hour even for pay so that is what the After-Show is, bitch for an hour plus on management on air, complain
about pay and contracts on air, etc.

Oh, and there is no way Ant would do to Opie what Opie did to Ant. He'd never start playing a video game into the mic over
some menopausal management bitch segment or how "fuckin' awesome" Opie's kids are and how Opie would "fuckin' kill, man"
for them. The show has a weird vibe where Ant and Jim don't really "like" Opie anymore and don't joke with him and they'd never
do that shit to Opie because Opie can't take jokes at his expense to nearly the same level of Ant or Jim.
It seems pretty uncomfortable at times.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
He was pissed he missed out on telling his "My one kid is potty training and my other kid called his poo poo Daddy" story.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
People always comment that when the race discussion comes up opie doesnt say a word and ask if he'd left the studio, he use to say he was doing sudoku or some shit

it was a joke

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
It's what we like to call "A Joke." A fairly brilliant one at that. Nothing to read in to. It was Opie's way to stay out of a controversial topic while bring some levity into a rather heavy discussion, and I have to give props for his cleverness there.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
It's what we like to call "A Joke." A fairly brilliant one at that. Nothing to read in to. It was Opie's way to stay out of a controversial topic while bring some levity into a rather heavy discussion, and I have to give props for his cleverness there.
Yep. Opie trolls his h8terz almost daily and they fall for it hook, line and sinker.

stellarcomics

Jul 25, 2005
this is the segment in question

11 minutes in; See how Anthony can't have a civil discussion without yelling over the caller? That's why he's a cunt. Again, FOR THE RECORD: I don't think he's wrong to have his opinions, but he seems to have a LOT of anger towards black people. Good, bad or neutral stories about us are met with equal RAGE. He's right to be disgusted with black criminals, I am too. I just don't need to listen to an ASSHOLE yell about it. We get it, N-ggers are awful.

stellarcomics

Jul 25, 2005
One more clarification; he's not just "within his bounds to have an opinion", a lot of what he says is factually accurate. He has his points. It's the CONSTANT yelling that's grating, and at least Opie addressed that. Hell, he said it best "You can have the greatest point ever, but if you're yelling, people don't listen". And even so, who out there has such daddy issues they need to hear someone yell their opinions on the radio? So they can silently agree? Grow up, Anthony. You yell about black people's bad behavior while you exhibit the same thing. Be civilized. And I'm addressing you because I know you're still here.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
I would say Anthony emulates this exact behavior that he rails against.

KR1288

Mar 23, 2012
Lower Bucks
I feel like the way Opie tunes Ant out is not unlike how some of us feel when Ant starts to scream and yell.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
I think the Opster plays games a lot and most of the time no one hears or notices

he pipes in when needed and the show goes on

I don't take it too seriously

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
he may raise his voice a little if he's in the zone but I didn't hear screaming yesterday.
He was totally screaming at that guy. And guess what?

It's a bit. This particular caller wasn't smart enough to go along with it.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
The show has a weird vibe where Ant and Jim don't really "like" Opie anymore and don't joke with him and they'd never
do that shit to Opie because Opie can't take jokes at his expense to nearly the same level of Ant or Jim.
It seems pretty uncomfortable at times.
Opie doesn't take beatings to the extent that the other guys do because he's the closest to normal of the three. How do you pick on the guy that went to college for radio and succeeded, has a happy marriage, is physically fit, has no notable addictions, etc.?

Just look around here. Some guys "fit" under the bus better than others. But when it's his turn, Opie takes his smashings just like everyone else. Notice Anthony even threw the first punch in this epic beating:

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
He was totally screaming at that guy. And guess what?

It's a bit. This particular caller wasn't smart enough to go along with it.

Exactly. Isn't it obvious to everyone that Ant's yelling is for the radio? Listen to what he says when he yells... he's much smarter than a lot of the cliche, hilarious stuff he screams. Also he's able to shut it off on a dime. Just compare that to when Jimmy or Opie get mad; it takes them 45 minutes to be talked down.

stellarcomics

Jul 25, 2005
Not exactly. Although hilarious, he is a piece of shit.
He's a fucking creep. I also heard him with the 20 year old interns.
a. At least they're solidly "of age" (this time)
b. If I were in my mid fifties, single and a millionaire, I'd be chasing the 20 year old 'tang too. Younger than that is just fucking bizarre. A hot 20 year old is perfect. Unless you're a perv, girls aren't hotter younger than that.