Why Do You Like The Opie & Anthony Show?

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
I was thinking of how awesome The Opie & Anthony Show is. Its comedy, its humor, its info, its conversations, its stories, its its guests, its predictions, its soap opera, its attitude, its production, its social climate, its truthfulness, its staff and its hosts.

Hello=]

Jun 19, 2010
Texas
I don't like listening to music while I play xbox

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I was thinking of how awesome The Opie & Anthony Show is. Its comedy, its humor, its info, its conversations, its stories, its its guests, its predictions, its soap opera, its attitude, its production, its social climate, its truthfulness, its staff and its hosts.

All of the above.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
It's enlightening when the comics rip each other apart. They're on another level. I used to aspire to be on that level, until it started giving me douchechills. I'm not, so I just enjoy the comics exploiting each other's misery and misfortune.

DeadAnus

Nov 14, 2009
Why do I like O&A....Because there's zero competition to what they do and its great. Radio sucks a fat one.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
I'll tell you one thing, while I like Op and I think Ant's pretty funny, if

a) there's any truth to this "sirius won't put the comics on" rumor, and
b) they somehow lost Jimmy,

I'd have zero reason to bother anymore.

Sep 28, 2010
I like to laugh.

Any complaining or politics and i'm out.

Gilbert27

Jun 25, 2010
I don't.

THEY WERE BETTER IN NEW MAAAAAAAAAN

fulldevilsoccer

Jul 2, 2009
Twitter discussions, Anthonys political rants and A-list celebrities like Paris Hilton. Also punish the listener bits rule!

steve500

Oct 20, 2008
35,000 ft
Hands down it's the big name celebrities who never fail to provide engaging and funny interviews!

Also - It's not directly a part of the live show, so not sure if it counts - but my favorite part is the hilarious tweets and YouTube videos Opie puts up - puts me in a great mood and lets me get through the day!

fulldevilsoccer

Jul 2, 2009
serious] Patrice ONeil, when op and ant roll with a news story (eg boston bomb scare), when Jimmy hits a homerun (eg hudson river pilot book) and great characters like Bobo and Twitchels.

phillyfranko

Jun 1, 2010
south of philly
you said it all,,,Lov ya Love the show,,,

i love all of the above...

oldmandick

Back In Black!!
Donator
Jan 15, 2005
Goa Way
Tough question, oldmanSOS ...

I've always preferred talk radio, ever since the first time I grazed the AM dial back in the days when the clear channel stations ruled. The shows that kept my attention were the ones that made me laugh - kudos to Amber for that simple and succinct assessment - and the ones that made me think.

In the last bunch of years those shows were Howard (local on DC's WWDC), Greaseman (also local on DC101), Imus (syndicated on FM and simulcast on MSNBC), and the boys (early XM). The bit that captured my attention was Pat from Moonachie's first eggnog challenge victory. In those first several months of listening I realized that I had never heard anything like what was coming out of the speakers during my morning drive. Hilarious and thought-provoking ... and even when they were bad, what I heard was better than anything from the past.

Fuck, being all serious and shit isn't much fun. Feels like I'm writing an obit. :(

fulldevilsoccer

Jul 2, 2009
The bit that captured my attention was Pat from Moonachie's first eggnog challenge victory. In those first several months of listening I realized that I had never heard anything like what was coming out of the speakers during my morning drive.
Wasn't that ripped off from Jackass? So a Jackass rip off won you over?

oldmandick

Back In Black!!
Donator
Jan 15, 2005
Goa Way
Wasn't that ripped off from Jackass? So a Jackass rip off won you over?
So fucking what if it was?

Stop being such a negative creep and enjoy your time on this earth. When you're ready to buy the farm let me know. I'd fucking love to write your obit, so hurry it up.

oldmandick

Back In Black!!
Donator
Jan 15, 2005
Goa Way
Like becoming a fan of The Who because they covered Can't help falling in love.
In your world, not mine. I made it perfectly clear what attracted me, and you're choosing to cherry-pick one bit to debunk the whole notion. Go suck bobo's mangled dick, you fucking waste of protoplasm.