Why don't O&A Comics do the R&F show?

phillybri76

Everybody's tight, so it's not a loyalty issue, but these guys (Vos, Patrice, Billy Burr, etc...) still have gigs to plug.

Why hasn't a single one done R&F since the suspension?

Monster_Rain893

Registered User .
R&F dont have that sort of show. They dont work like that. That bit they did with Lily and her old flame was great. They tend to dig more into the talent they have, if thats what you want to call it. And why would you need a professional commedian when you have East Side Herpes Cock?

zerofischer

a reading from the book of Bennington
o&a do that show already, ron and fez don't need to do it. you think i want to listen to some comedian step all over ron's gold all afternoon. no thanks.

blee

Will Drink Today
2 different kinds of shows. Why merge them into 2 of the same show just with different hosts?

RMPGP

Patrice once called in on his own accord. That was the only time I remember one being on. Opie offered to loan him some comics last year when Fez went down.

RMPGP

Fez played the audio of the phone call message of Jay's chick and the show has been dead to him ever since.

ChimneyFish

Believe it or not, it's just meeee
Bill Bailey has done both shows, but I think that was more that Ron & Fez were into "Cash Cab" at the time.

Everybody's tight, so it's not a loyalty issue, but these guys (Vos, Patrice, Billy Burr, etc...) still have gigs to plug.

Why hasn't a single one done R&F since the suspension?
like others said, Ron and Fez just do not play that game. even if it was cool with Opie, they wouldn't do it; it's called being classy.

although I remember when Ron was joking around when Fez had his heart attack, praising Bill Burr and even congratulating Bill outside the studio. And Patrice called in that one time.

KOP

Aside from what everyone else said about keeping the two shows different...

Obvious answer - no one is funnier than R&F?

Not so obvious answer - they actually have their own group of old comedian friends, some of whom have been on the show before.

They do throw a lot of love out for Patrice, Bill Burr and especially Norton - who has been on in the past too.

jagsfans

I personally would love to hear some politcal conversations w/Bill Burr and Ron, but they are a little to close in ideologies. I also think Rich and Ron talking about old drug stories would be entertaining.

RMPGP

I forgot, Vos does go on the show in the form of Arch Stanton who channels the spirit of Vos.

Hasn't Ron said numerous times something to the effect of "Why are Ona constantly surrounded by talent? They've got 6 comedians in there a day. For once I'd like to be surrounded by talent and just lay back and relax"

I assumed he was just joking or getting digs in at Earl and Dave, but it would be cool if Patrice did the show like once or twice a month, the whole show. I've heard him call in, and assume he listens.

Hasn't Ron said numerous times something to the effect of "Why are Ona constantly surrounded by talent? They've got 6 comedians in there a day. For once I'd like to be surrounded by talent and just lay back and relax"

I assumed he was just joking or getting digs in at Earl and Dave, but it would be cool if Patrice did the show like once or twice a month, the whole show. I've heard him call in, and assume he listens.

I'm pretty sure he was joking. I think R&F just would rather do their show, than being the "Poor Man's O&A".

Also, they don't really have a relationship with people like Patrice and Bill Burr... Most of O&A's comics come to the show through Jimmy.

TonyBagels

Gemutlichkeit
They've had a slew of "great" comics. Don't forget Billy Staples, Harry T, Than stops in now and again, RMPGP is right about having proxy-Vos. Plus, Ron was a stand-up.

By the way, BillyLiar, great f'in sigpic!

I personally would love to hear some politcal conversations w/Bill Burr and Ron, but they are a little to close in ideologies. I also think Rich and Ron talking about old drug stories would be entertaining.
agreed.. it was a good show when rapp and ron where telling old stories.. uncle ronnie and aunt fezzie!! (how sweet):icon_mrgr

I like O&A's show on O&A and Ron and Fez's show on Ron and Fez.

2 very different shows that compliment each other very nicely. But for all the call for AFRO shows its really nice to get 2 different flavors on one XM channel.