Why I hate EB Games

vice86

How do I look, Denny?
Nov 22, 2004
NYC/PA
..or Game Stop...or any of those faggot game stores....how they making tons of their "used" games....such bullshit!!!

Bioshock new...59.99....USED...54.99...lolol...WTF is that!! And they probably gave the kid 15.00 for it when he traded it in.

And those geeks behind the counter think they know everything about games and more than you know.

And I hate if I call..."thank you for calling EB Games..trade in 23 PS2 games and a PS2 and original xbox and get a 360 for 299.99..home of the 10% off discount club...get a free magazine of your choice for 4 weeks with any purchase...my name is Chad, how can I help you"

WTF is wrong with "hello, EB Games, how can I help you?"

Standby

Better Than [you]
Wackbag Staff
Sep 8, 2005
Arlington, VA
I refuse to step into one of these stores unless absolutely necessary. Full of too many little kids and douchebag salesmen.

If you know anything about video games, you'll be met with blank stares. I was looking to buy an Action Replay MAX Drive w/ USB so I can load saves onto my PS2 memory card (not hack games, like the version without USB only does). They had no clue what I was talking about.

I'm gonna be selling a lot of my older games and systems, and they are my absolute last resort to get some cash for my PS1 or N64 or even older games.

vice86

How do I look, Denny?
Nov 22, 2004
NYC/PA
I refuse to step into one of these stores unless absolutely necessary. Full of too many little kids and douchebag salesmen.

If you know anything about video games, you'll be met with blank stares. I was looking to buy an Action Replay MAX Drive w/ USB so I can load saves onto my PS2 memory card (not hack games, like the version without USB only does). They had no clue what I was talking about.

I'm gonna be selling a lot of my older games and systems, and they are my absolute last resort to get some cash for my PS1 or N64 or even older games.

same here...i'd rather keep a game then give it to them to sell for 10x more than they gave you for it. I was just there cuz i just go a 360 and wanted to see the really cheap used 360 games..picked up PRG3 for 15.00...other then that...i haaaaaaate those stores.

Standby

Better Than [you]
Wackbag Staff
Sep 8, 2005
Arlington, VA
I'm getting a 360 the weekend Guitar Hero 3 comes out (so less than two weeks from now) and I'm going to have to get Guitar Hero 2 used without controller from them. And I guess I should be okay with paying 40 bucks for that... cunts.

vice86

How do I look, Denny?
Nov 22, 2004
NYC/PA
I'm getting a 360 the weekend Guitar Hero 3 comes out (so less than two weeks from now) and I'm going to have to get Guitar Hero 2 used without controller from them. And I guess I should be okay with paying 40 bucks for that... cunts.
Yeah...played GH2...its fun. I know that in late Oct...the "holiday bundle" 360s will be out with 2 free games...Forza 2 and some Marvel game...so looking to exchange mine that i just got 2 weeks ago...and wondering if the new chips will be in them for less chance of RLOD

wow..i sound like a geek.

bubbawadd

Apr 4, 2004
Wheaton, IL
Yeah...played GH2...its fun. I know that in late Oct...the "holiday bundle" 360s will be out with 2 free games...Forza 2 and some Marvel game...so looking to exchange mine that i just got 2 weeks ago...and wondering if the new chips will be in them for less chance of RLOD

wow..i sound like a geek.
Saw the new bundle yesterday in Best Buy...it's out.

Oct 28, 2004
the fuckers that work in those placers are cocksuckers.....but they are probably treated as such....accordingly.

fucking cunts.

askewcore

Why am I Mr. Sparkle?
Dec 5, 2004
The GameStop by me wont take anything older than PS2.

Cunty McShitballs

Imagine, if you will...
Apr 4, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
Actually, I got 30 bucks + 10% when I traded Bioshock in a few weeks ago.
And if I buy it used I get 10% off.
Sure, they sell it for a lot more than that, but they gotta run a business.
Get "The Edge" card.

Monstercloud

Feb 15, 2005
NH
There was this one DOUCHEBAG named Bob that worked at EB when i was living up in Maine. I don't remember the game that was coming out, but he asked me, "Do you want the guide? Save 10%..." So naturally, since I have this thing called "The internet", i said no. "You sure? These things are going fast" No "Alright.. it's your choice". I could just tell it was one of these douchebags that wanted to do something with their life, but instead got stuck doing a dead end job that they didn't enjoy doing.

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
With things like craigslist and ebay, I can't understand why ANYONE would sell a game to those places. Just wait an extra week or so, and you get an extra $20-30 for not dealing with them.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
The EB games here isn't all that bad, the punks working at it leave me alone unless I ask them for help. But I prefer to go to Walmart where the games are cheaper, and if it's on PC, I'd rather dl the game from the comfort of my office chari

Hidden_Rage

Yeah... I got nothing
Nov 20, 2005
Queens
..or Game Stop...or any of those faggot game stores....how they making tons of their "used" games....such bullshit!!!

Bioshock new...59.99....USED...54.99...lolol...WTF is that!! And they probably gave the kid 15.00 for it when he traded it in.
"
BTW, just to let you know because I watched my friend buy a game used for that much, with tax and everything it comes out to 60.25 or something like that. Basically it's 60 and shows you that you're a cheap fuck for not having 5 more dollars to buy it brand fucking new.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
shouldn't this be in Computers and Gaming, or the FU forum??

They are a business. They buy low and sell high. Sell your shit on ebay and you'll get a lot more for it.

I walk in, say, "Give me this, this, and this" Pay, and walk out. It is a beautiful thing. I love gamestop. They always have what I want, and there are 4 stores within 10 minutes of my house. If one store doesn thave it, I ask them to call the other store and check, and I always get my game.

Preordering is cool, too. Mr. Knee, your game is here. Pick it up when you can.

The only thing I dont like is "This is our last copy." Now I have to take home a box that a bunch of common people have pawed and drooled over.

Six-Pack

Feb 25, 2004
Good luck, The ones by me have stopped taking games for those systems long ago.

I miss the days when a used game was really a decent deal. You know, when you weren't ripped off and bugged incessantly about it the second you walked into the store.

I went to buy a copy of Fight Night round 3 on PS2 (a $20 game). When I brought it up to the register the guy took it aside, instantly went into a drawer in the back and rang up a used copy for $17.99! When I told him no thanks, I'll splurge the extra 2 bucks for a new one he went on to say that the used copy was actually better! Yes, because there's a better warranty I was foolish for not wanting a used one. Still said no. He looks at me and says "well, its already rung up so you might as well buy it."

I still think my new Best Buy version of the game is better.

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey

I miss the days when a used game was really a decent deal. You know, when you weren't ripped off and bugged incessantly about it the second you walked into the store.

I went to buy a copy of Fight Night round 3 on PS2 (a $20 game). When I brought it up to the register the guy took it aside, instantly went into a drawer in the back and rang up a used copy for $17.99! When I told him no thanks, I'll splurge the extra 2 bucks for a new one he went on to say that the used copy was actually better! Yes, because there's a better warranty I was foolish for not wanting a used one. Still said no. He looks at me and says "well, its already rung up so you might as well buy it."

That kind of shit drives me fucking crazy. YOU DO NOT TELL ME WHAT I WANT YOU LITTLE CUNT. I tell you. Don't ask me for a fucking warranty, don't ask me if I want to pre-order some shitty racing game, ring me up and let me go.

If someone said "It's already run up so you might as well buy it" I'd spit on the counter and never go back to the place. Fuck you kid, eat my asshole raw.

They do that at a lot of places. "We have a used one for cheaper!" I dont want a used game that is still relatively new. I want a NEW game.

I wonder why they do that? Can they return the unopened new copy to the company that publishes it for a credit or somethin glike that?

Or is it just because they make more money off the used copy because the whole profit on the game goes to the store.

If I buy a used game, it is off ebay and only when i get a HUGE deal, or something I want to play on a whim that I cant find in any stores. (like Dreamcast stuff)

Cunty McShitballs

Imagine, if you will...
Apr 4, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
They are a business. They buy low and sell high. Sell your shit on ebay and you'll get a lot more for it.

I walk in, say, "Give me this, this, and this" Pay, and walk out. It is a beautiful thing. I love gamestop. They always have what I want, and there are 4 stores within 10 minutes of my house. If one store doesn thave it, I ask them to call the other store and check, and I always get my game.

Preordering is cool, too. Mr. Knee, your game is here. Pick it up when you can.
I'm with ya. I get 90% of my games through Gamestop. They have great selection, they don't have the fucking games behind protective glass so you can't look at the back of the box, etc.

My only problem is the little fuckers who think the game displays are a free arcade... and the old ladies who ask 300 questions and don't have a fucking clue.

A

AkumaHokoru

And I hate if I call..."thank you for calling EB Games..trade in 23 PS2 games and a PS2 and original xbox and get a 360 for 299.99..home of the 10% off discount club...get a free magazine of your choice for 4 weeks with any purchase...my name is Chad, how can I help you"

WTF is wrong with "hello, EB Games, how can I help you?"
They are actually forced to say that part

as for their knowledge gs/eb (the same company now) have a policy where they arent going to hire someone who seems too knowledgeable in games because eb has this thing where they force the employees to lie about a bad game a gamer wouldnt stand for shit like barbie's magical blowjob getting any sales at all but if you listen to these guys talk to uninformed parents/bratty kids they will sell them the absolute worst games ever

and their used game policy is absolute balls

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
GameStop/EB Games

Fuck them

I used to get everything from GameStop, until I realized you can't get shit from them unless you pre-order.

Then I started buying games at Best Buy and only pre-ordering from GameStop.

Now, I pre-order and buy non-ordered games at Best Buy. They have proven to be more reliable.

One time I pre-ordered a game at GameStop, don't remember what it was, but anyway they didn't have it for me. "We ran out."

What do you mean you ran out? I was guaranteed a copy, douchebags. And I paid in full.

And do you ever get this one? "Well the SHIPPING DATE is posted on websites, not the actual RELEASE date." Really? Then why is Best Buy already selling it, ass hole?

I'm done with them.