Why is the board retarded lately?

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
it works....it doesn't work....it sort of works but really slowly....Wackbag needs some sort of fixin'

Sep 16, 2005
dirty jersey
It is really becoming a chore to come here and get my lols and q info. I have cleared my cookies, I am using the default skin, and it is still shit. I click on a link, then go to my other tabs for a bit, then come back to a page that only half loaded with a white screen. Hit reload, go to another tab for a minute or so, come back an maybe it has loaded. Then I see 3 or 4 double posts in a row. Wtf? if this new software is such a kludge, why dont we revert back to a simpler software without all the useless shit most of us don't use anyway?

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
It is really becoming a chore to come here and get my lols and q info. I have cleared my cookies, I am using the default skin, and it is still shit. I click on a link, then go to my other tabs for a bit, then come back to a page that only half loaded with a white screen. Hit reload, go to another tab for a minute or so, come back an maybe it has loaded. Then I see 3 or 4 double posts in a row. Wtf? if this new software is such a kludge, why dont we revert back to a simpler software without all the useless shit most of us don't use anyway?
I'd be happy to go back to the old Vbulletin at this point.
I just want some speed over seldom used features.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Tapatalk is an aids infested pustule on the shit stained goat fucking dick of a gay test dummy in a back alley morrocan dildo factory.

click

Jan 5, 2005
N. Jersey
I'd be happy to go back to the old Vbulletin at this point.
I just want some speed over seldom used features.
I know, right. What about all the useless subs that everyone scrolls
by? You need to get rid of all the bs subs dude. I'm sure that
would help

zagman76

Wackbagger, Geek, Administrator
Wackbag Staff
Nov 18, 2004
Long Island, NY
Ok - I feel like an idiot. In the config, I didn't have the web traffic spread across all of the web-servers. It was all going to one single server. The way I have it configured, that web server was wayyy overloaded and causing the slowdown when more than 10 people were online at a time.

Please let me know how things are going forward, now that I fixed my stupid mistake.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
Ok - I feel like an idiot. In the config, I didn't have the web traffic spread across all of the web-servers. It was all going to one single server. The way I have it configured, that web server was wayyy overloaded and causing the slowdown when more than 10 people were online at a time.

Please let me know how things are going forward, now that I fixed my stupid mistake.
It seems to be functional now, but it's still taking a fairly long time from click to whatever page was clicked. Seems about 10 seconds, maybe a bit more.

That's all I got.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
18 Seconds to this page on a reload. That's small compared to lately. If things load at all, it's fire and forget. Come back in a few minutes, things might still be trying to load up, or it's just a white load screen. Forget going to threads with pictures of gifs. Not happening.

mr. sin

Mar 30, 2005
RALEIGH, NC
18 Seconds to this page on a reload. That's small compared to lately. If things load at all, it's fire and forget. Come back in a few minutes, things might still be trying to load up, or it's just a white load screen. Forget going to threads with pictures of gifs. Not happening.

same.here its sporadic

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
It's coming and going now. It'll be flying for a few minutes, then I'll get a random 504 error.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Unusable earlier (4pm CST) no it seems normal. I dunno?

Sep 16, 2005
dirty jersey
sorry, zag... whatever you did seemed to help pageloading, but trying to view alerts would grind it to a halt. Now a few hours later the whole thing seems fuct again.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Everything has aids, I even emptied my history files and reset all my cookies and it’s, “fits and starts” also a lot of double posts, that may be my fault because I keep clicking post, because it posts, but the text will stay in the box after I post

Pickle

Jan 24, 2017
Everything has aids, I even emptied my history files and reset all my cookies and it’s, “fits and starts” also a lot of double posts, that may be my fault because I keep clicking post, because it posts, but the text will stay in the box after I post
It’s not your fault. I only click once and if it doesn’t post after several seconds, I cancel or discard it knowing that it has already posted. I reload the page, go away for the weekend, come back and sure enough- it posted only once.

How hard would it be to go back to an older board software? Is there anyone else who has experience that could help with this? Maybe someone who is a fan of Tony Kornheiser?

We need a message board Batman to swoop in and save the day.