Why is the board retarded lately?

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Everything has aids, I even emptied my history files and reset all my cookies and it’s, “fits and starts” also a lot of double posts, that may be my fault because I keep clicking post, because it posts, but the text will stay in the box after I post
AIDS!

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
I gave the db-server a bit more CPU power. I'm being cautiously optimistic that it should help things a bit.
So the CPU was causing the page hangs, the 504's? Weird. I'd think RAM, but I wouldn't think CPU.

zagman76

Wackbagger, Geek, Administrator
Wackbag Staff
So the CPU was causing the page hangs, the 504's? Weird. I'd think RAM, but I wouldn't think CPU.
The db server is a t2 instance type in AWS, so it earns & burns CPU credits per hour. It was burning more than it was earning, and when it runs out, the CPU is throttled to a predetermined baseline percentage. It would run at baseline for a little while until enough credits were earned to allow for higher CPU usage to take place, rinse, repeat.

I upgraded the instance type to one that should earn more credits per hour than it burns, allowing for a 'bank' to build up for actual traffic spikes.

The db server is a t2 instance type in AWS, so it earns & burns CPU credits per hour. It was burning more than it was earning, and when it runs out, the CPU is throttled to a predetermined baseline percentage. It would run at baseline for a little while until enough credits were earned to allow for higher CPU usage to take place, rinse, repeat.

I upgraded the instance type to one that should earn more credits per hour than it burns, allowing for a 'bank' to build up for actual traffic spikes.

That's exactly what I would have done :haha7:

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
It's running great, even Tapatalk.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

JoeyDVDZ

Donator

Ah, gotcha. Well, it worked. At least for now, this site is humming smoother than a @Creasy Bear story time.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator

The board cancer seems cured. Can you hook my grandma up with some of those CPU credits?

I was gonna say that, but wanted you to get the credit.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
@zagman76 gotta say buddy, I think you really fixed it this time. I hit the "new posts" link and thought it didn't take, because it went so fast. Had to hit it again and watch the refresh button to be sure.

Kudos sir!

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
It's still really solid on my end, both desktop and mobile (via Tapatalk). Well done, Zag!

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Yes, seems to be working fine on my I pad and I phone, haven’t tried it on my Mac

My laptop seems faster everywhere
And my hair feels more luxurious

The man is a miracle worker
Just takes him a while to figure shit out

zagman76

Wackbagger, Geek, Administrator
Wackbag Staff
I’m not going to hang a ‘Mission Accomplished’ banner up until at least a few days of stability.

ysr50

Donator
I’m not going to hang a ‘Mission Accomplished’ banner up until at least a few days of stability.
It's working fine for me on my iPad, haven't tried on my phone. Thank you sir.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
It is working great so far on both Tapatalk and pc.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Running like crap today. Open a forum/thread and it's a 45 second wait at best. I open 3-4 tabs in the hopes 1 of them goes to where I'm headed. Same with the phone. Tablet. Laptop. Every other site out there runs fine. Instantly to where I'm going.