Wii Firmware Updated to 3.0

KakTheInfected

Mar 10, 2005
Not sure what it has in it but...apparently channel loading is much faster and the Shop Channel has a received a big makeover.

...yeah, I haven't got much else information because it's taking so long to download. Just figured I'd post :action-sm

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
I didn't see anything great about it. They did add the current time on the main menu.

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
Damn this is taking forever to download. could be good if the load times for channels is dropped

martianvirus

Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
Damn this is taking forever to download. could be good if the load times for channels is dropped
I didn't really notice anything like that. I could be wrong, just didn't look like it.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
How long's it been taking? Mine has been going for about 10 minutes, at it looks to be somewhere around 90%.

edit: on a side note...is there a way to turn down the speaker volume on the wii remote? I got mine used, with no instructions, and the volume level coming from the fucker just seems too loud.

Aero 1

Mar 18, 2005
Clifton, NJ
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/nintendo/wii-gets-a-firmware-update-1-feature-is-a-clock-286691.php

The Wii Firmware Update 3.0u is here. Notice any differences in this picture? No? Read the complete list of changes after the jump.

[Warning: Do not install this update if you have modded your Wii]

Main Menu Revisions

• Clock Display

• The Disc turns 180-degrees on the Disc Channel icon

• News Channel icon displays headlines

• Forecast Channel icon now displays the weather without entering the channel

• Faster loading times when changing channels/leaving channels (Up for debate)

• Move contacts on Address Book

• Calendar no longer displays envelopes for the amount of time you played, only messages

• Light bar goes on when disk is inserted or removed

• Able to navigate Wii Settings with + and - (Man that always pissed us off)

• Scrolling through messages has a new sound, and scrolling with B now displays an arrow similar to the Internet Channel

Wii Shop Channel Revisions

• New Welcome screen detailing 4 Recommended Titles and the points they cost

• Titles You've Downloaded was moved to the main shop menu

• New ways to browse

• Popular Titles (not only based on recent info)

• Newest Additions remains the same

• Search for a title which can use partial names

• Search by Category

• System shows the different systems and how many titles have been released under each

• Publisher showing different publishers and amount of titles released

• Genres listed
http://www.vooks.net/modules.php?module=article&id=12114

Mod Chip Warning

After you update and go back to the update section to before a "test update" you will be greeted with a message that says something to effect that if you have a modified Wii your console may be disabled or lock up. Mod Chippers owned? If you want to cancel you have to power down your system.

martianvirus

Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
edit: on a side note...is there a way to turn down the speaker volume on the wii remote? I got mine used, with no instructions, and the volume level coming from the fucker just seems too loud.
Yes, pause your game and you can adjust there.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
Yes, pause your game and you can adjust there.
Holy shit....I've seen that menu screen so many times and never noticed there was a remote settings part.

Thanks. I suck.

I don't really use the shopping channel much, or the internet browser, so the only difference I'm really noticing is the Weather Channel icon.

I love the weather channel. Every day I have to see what the temperature is at the South Pole.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Holy shit....I've seen that menu screen so many times and never noticed there was a remote settings part.

Thanks. I suck.

I don't really use the shopping channel much, or the internet browser, so the only difference I'm really noticing is the Weather Channel icon.

I love the weather channel. Every day I have to see what the temperature is at the South Pole.
Well, how's the weather there today?

martianvirus

Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV

Thanks. I suck.

No problem. It also took me a while to find that. I figured it out back when I was playing zelda. The sword noise was too loud when playing at night.

Warfarer

I can't think of anything funny.
Jun 20, 2005
Alabama
what does modding a Wii do for you? Just backups or are there some homebrew stuff for it?

StonerJack

My amp goes to 11
Dec 9, 2004
Worcester or Worster if your Vos
I downloaded the upgrade this morning, I got the clock which says 2:15 right now, and it's 3:07. No headlines for news and no weather on my menu page. Bravo Nintendo.

More importantly, what are some good video sites that are compatible with the browser? I got youtube and veoh, what other good sites are you guys using?

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
Oct 4, 2004
South of Boston
I downloaded the upgrade this morning, I got the clock which says 2:15 right now, and it's 3:07. No headlines for news and no weather on my menu page. Bravo Nintendo.

More importantly, what are some good video sites that are compatible with the browser? I got youtube and veoh, what other good sites are you guys using?

I didnt know youtube works on it. i'll have to check it out