Facebook

Twitter

Flipboard

Comments

Print

Email

[https://a57]Video

Julian Assange arrested in London

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange was arrested by British police Thursday moments after Ecuador announced it withdrew his asylum for “repeatedly violating international conventions and protocol.”

Ecuadoran Foreign Minister Jose Valencia told Teleamazonas this week that living in the embassy indefinitely is bad for Assange’s "state of mind, his health,” but that Assange has a right to a fair trial and right to a defense.

WIKILEAKS' JULIAN ASSANGE AT ECUADORIAN EMBASSY IN LONDON TARGET OF 'EXTENSIVE' SPYING OPERATION: GROUP

London's Metropolitan Police vowed earlier this month to arrest Assange if he were freed. Assange, who has lived in the embassy for more than six years, faces possible extradition to the U.S. for publishing thousands of classified military and diplomatic cables through WikiLeaks.

Assange, 47, has been in the embassy since 2012 when British courts ordered him extradited to Sweden to face questioning in a sexual assault case. That matter has since been dropped, but Wikileaks is facing a federal grand jury investigation over its publication of American diplomatic and military secrets during the Iraq War.

Assange, an Australian native, was arrested on a Westminster Magistrates’ Court warrant which was issued on June 29, 2012, for failing to surrender to court, Metropolitan Police said in a statement.

[https://a57]

Ecuador withdrew Julian Assange's asylum on Thursday. He was then arrested by UK police. (AP)

“The MPS had a duty to execute the warrant, on behalf of Westminster Magistrates' Court, and was invited into the embassy by the Ambassador, following the Ecuadorian government's withdrawal of asylum,” the statement said.

UK Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt thanked the Ecuadorean government for their cooperation with the Assange arrest.

"Julian Assange is no hero and no one is above the law. He has hidden from the truth for years," Hunt tweeted. "Thank you Ecuador and President @Lenin Moreno for your cooperation with @foreignoffice to ensure Assange faces justice."

The main WikiLeaks Twitter handle accused Ecuador of “illegally” terminating Assange’s political asylum and accused the country of violating international law.

“This man is a son, a father, a brother. He has won dozens of journalism awards. He's been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize every year since 2010. Powerful actors, including CIA, are engaged in a sophisticated effort to dehumanise, delegitimize and imprison him,” WikiLeaks tweeted.

While in the Ecuadorean Embassy, Assange had an interview with Fox News’ Sean Hannity in 2017 and has hosted Pamela Anderson on a few occasions

In the “Hannity” interview, Assange argued that the Obama administration was pushing the narrative of Russia meddling in the U.S. election to delegitimize then-President-elect Donald Trump.

He also claimed he wasn’t the source for the hacked emails he released from the Democratic National Committee and Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta.

[https://media2]Video

Last year, it appeared Assange had struck up a romantic connection with the former Playboy centerfold and “Baywatch” star. She told Harvey Levin on Fox News’ “OBJECTified” that they had a “closeness.”

“I have a real personal relationship with him,” Anderson said.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Noting their initial meeting, she told Fox News: “I brought him some vegan food, and now it’s a tradition that I bring him vegan food every time I see him, and I see him a lot.”

Assange was granted asylum at the Ecuadorean Embassy in August 2012.

This is a breaking news story. Check back for updates.

domelogic

This will be interesting from many perspectives.

domelogic

I'm not hopeful. He looks like he's in deep shit.
With everything we now know, ask why would the brits arrest him? Hell the shit he is accused of will be hard to pin on him unless they make it so. Assange has so much dirt that he has not released. This thing with him never seemed right. So they may or may not be poking the bear. I would be much more worried if I was the people running a country on what he will expose. This very well could set that in motion.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
I always thought the guy was a shit bird and a snitch, but, sometimes you need a shit bird snitch to keep the shit bags in line

Pickle

With everything we now know, ask why would the brits arrest him? Hell the shit he is accused of will be hard to pin on him unless they make it so. Assange has so much dirt that he has not released. This thing with him never seemed right. So they may or may not be poking the bear. I would be much more worried if I was the people running a country on what he will expose. This very well could set that in motion.
If he has anything that can assist current investigations, they have to get him to court somehow and maintain the optics that he is being held accountable by US laws.

domelogic

If he has anything that can assist current investigations, they have to get him to court somehow and maintain the optics that he is being held accountable by US laws.
I agree but that is not England. That is why I said something does not seem right. Can you see them turning him over to the US? The only way I see that happening is if trump struck a deal to soften or remove what England did with 5 eyes during the Russia hoax/spying.

Pickle

I agree but that is not England. That is why I said something does not seem right. Can you see them turning him over to the US? The only way I see that happening is if trump struck a deal to soften or remove what England did with 5 eyes during the Russia hoax/spying.
In the past, JA has said that if he is ever forced to leave the embassy that he would eventually be extradited to the US.

If he survives long enough.

domelogic

I just heard on the radio the justice department is charging him. It seems we will get our wish

Fred West

He's been in that embassy for 7 years, I just saw he faces "up to 5 years" in prison. If that's the case, he might as well start doing his time. He was effectively in prison anyway. This will be interesting, though.

Pickle

“If it can be destroyed by truth, it deserves to be destroyed by truth”

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Donator
Honestly I don't know enough of WikiLeaks to have a firm opinion on the matter. If he is given classified info and publishes it, I'm not sure how that is any different than MSM publishing leaked classified intelligence. I think my opinion changes however if he pursued such information willingly subverting secrecy laws, in a sense stealing info.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Honestly I don't know enough of WikiLeaks to have a firm opinion on the matter. If he is given classified info and publishes it, I'm not sure how that is any different than MSM publishing leaked classified intelligence. I think my opinion changes however if he pursued such information willingly subverting secrecy laws, in a sense stealing info.
I've heard arguments on both sides...and yeah, I'm mixed on the matter. On one hand, some very interesting reading material was released that shined a light on the deep state and corruption among our politicians and the special interests. Alot of information I'm very happy we got to see and I only hope there is more.

On the other hand...they were in charge of releasing classified information that, without redaction, could expose something that an enemy of ours could use...or put lives of agents and military personnel in danger.

It's like, I wish and I don't wish we had more control over the leaks.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
I've heard arguments on both sides...and yeah, I'm mixed on the matter. On one hand, some very interesting reading material was released that shined a light on the deep state and corruption among our politicians and the special interests. Alot of information I'm very happy we got to see and I only hope there is more.

On the other hand...they were in charge of releasing classified information that, without redaction, could expose something that an enemy of ours could use...or put lives of agents and military personnel in danger.

It's like, I wish and I don't wish we had more control over the leaks.
If there was no malfeasance, we wouldn't need a Wikileaks to begin with. So although I hope Assange didn't put any innocent lives in danger, we deserve truth from our elected officials, and we also deserve honor. They have neither.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
It's easy. When he releases stuff about your guy, that's bad, boo, terrible, treasonous behavior. When he releases stuff about the other guys, it's yay justice, glad the truth is coming out, we're vindicated for our shitty behaviors, yay truth justice american way. There is really no critical thought on either side beyond what political damage it will cause. Literally no one cares about actual, objective truth anymore.

domelogic

The previous admin on the Manning issue claimed he helped steal the info. Assange is starting he is a journalist who is publishing information he was given. Which btw is like all the leaked classified info the msm has released. There is no difference except making the claim he was part of stealing it. That should be easy enough to prove he did not but the cia and other gov agencies, have the tools to make it look like he did even if he did not. I would find it hard to believe he did at this point.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
It's easy. When he releases stuff about your guy, that's bad, boo, terrible, treasonous behavior. When he releases stuff about the other guys, it's yay justice, glad the truth is coming out, we're vindicated for our shitty behaviors, yay truth justice american way. There is really no critical thought on either side beyond what political damage it will cause. Literally no one cares about actual, objective truth anymore.
I was fully prepared to accept if Mueller found smoking gun evidence of collusion from Trump & Russia, although it's technically not even illegal. However, we have SEEN hard evidence to implicate a whole lot of dem operatives, and nobody says shit about it except for loud obnoxious conservatives and right leaning centrists.

I absolutely believe in truth and justice, no matter where that truth leads. I'm just observant enough, as are most of us, to see the blatant double-standard playing out daily in the MSM and on the left side of government.

TravisRB69

With everything he's got on the Clintons, no way in hell he gets out of this alive.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
I was fully prepared to accept if Mueller found smoking gun evidence of collusion from Trump & Russia, although it's technically not even illegal. However, we have SEEN hard evidence to implicate a whole lot of dem operatives, and nobody says shit about it except for loud obnoxious conservatives and right leaning centrists.

I absolutely believe in truth and justice, no matter where that truth leads. I'm just observant enough, as are most of us, to see the blatant double-standard playing out daily in the MSM and on the left side of government.
It doesn't matter, Joe. The other side thinks you all are just as delusional and stupid and double-standardy. The phrase 'there's more that unites us than divides us' is now a complete lie, as you all would be extremely happy to literally see jackbooted thugs kicking down doors and arresting full-blooded American citizens as long as the people that are being picked up dared to vote for a fucking Clinton.

But I digress. You've already made up your mind about which truth is objective and which truth is 'spun by the other side'. Life doesn't work with smoking guns, but that doesn't mean that there isn't seriously bad shit going on behind the scenes for every-fucking-body. But you're predisposed to suck Tucker's dick instead of Anderson Cooper's so you pick which truth you want to be the objective one and everything that contradicts that world view is a lie, or spun (thank god for that no spin zone that Bill O'Reilly has, amirite?!?).

And you're getting facts from an anonymous /b dump, most of which turn into contradictory nothing. But still, when one nugget comes out of the million shit ones, now you're getting TONS OF GUD FAX against the other guy.
And if I question this kind of stuff? Oh man, it's all salt. Just salty libbies whining like children. You turn them into caricatures in your head while you laugh at grandma's facebook memes where she's made them look like hook-nosed jews or who knows what and that's fine, it makes it a lot easier when fantasizing about jackboots and public executions of whiny lefties.

I'd love it if someone gave a shit about objective truth. I don't have a handle on it at all, because I know that both sides are literally lying right to my face for money, power, and their own games. I can search, but I also know that pastebin isn't the place for objective knowledge either, unless objective truth is posting a picture of a vase and Hillary Clinton while asking empty I'm-14-and-I-think-this-is-deep statements such as 'Don't you see the connection? It's all happening.' But if you honestly look at a guy like Trump and decide "That's the guy who's going to give me full, objective, unadulterated truth in all matters" then I'm not sure I trust your credibility about your own objectivity and desire to know any real truth. He may not be the orange devil that the left thinks he is, but he also isn't exactly the truthful messiah that His Followers believe he is so fervently.

If Assange has information, I hope he dumps it all. Fucking Winter Soldier this shit. SHIELD and HYDRA's secrets (which were the same secrets) put out there for the whole world to see. If you want that pure truth Joe, then you should want EVERYONE's dirty laundry exposed without reservation. Let's see some Obama Birth Certificates right alongside some Trump Tax Returns. Let's see Hillary home-server emails right alongside Ivanka home-server emails. Let's see all the corruption that Obama and Trump are both a part of in an unredacted, declassified report along with testimony. Let's both be afraid of the Deep State's power and illuminati-like levels of coercion, manipulating, and silencing, but also laugh that the Deep State is stupid, falling apart, and the walls are closing in because they're all pedos who meet in a pizza place basement.

Let's raise a glass to Objective Truth, Joe. Let's hope there's a huge comprehensive good-people-on-both-sides dump of information so we can finally start to scratch the surface of what is actually truth in this world!