WikiLeaks Founder Arrested

That's just it. Most won't care if it's in house leaks. It's when it can be used by another country, that would make it dangerous. Most want to know the dirty details of double super secret shit going on, like some sort of JFK, Area 51 shenanigans.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
I'll concede that perhaps I am subjective toward (or if you prefer, away from) the side I don't understand or agree with.

I know this though: I don't "suck Tucker's dick", as you so eloquently phrased it. I listen. He, unlike damn near EVERY one of the Anderson Cooper cronies, at least TRIES to find the middle ground. Tucker has invited every single left guest on his show to give something other than the pre-scripted talking points in their efforts to sway him; with extremely rare exception, none do.

That being said, I've seen Tucker have conversations with liberals who use their brains, and he always listens if they're not spewing talking point bullshit.

Find me even one on the left who's willing to do that in the MSM.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Incidentally, Crip, I genuinely hope Wikileaks dumps their entire load, both sides, as well.

I said, and I meant it; truth is truth. If it splashes the right (as I'm certain it will) so be it. If they're dirty they deserve to fry right along with the left.

I believe a lot more lefts are gonna go up in flames than right, though. I'm talking true right conservatives, not the establishment hacks that make up about 90% of the political spectrum for the past 60-90 years.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
One last thing before I stop: I never, once, believed Trump was any kind of god savior. I joke about it here, as I believe we all do. That being said, he's at least not pissing on my leg and trying to convince me it's raining.

He has told us the objective truth about the influx of dangerous illegal immigrants flooding over the southern border: That's objectively true. The stats are there for the reading.

He also isn't pretending to be the indignant self-righteous arbiter of morality, unlike the sleazy scumbags in congress, both sides. He's a scumbag. I know it, you know it, everybody who ever watched The Apprentice knows it.

And we don't give a shit. He's doing the job we hired him to do, and he's rich enough that he's not capable of being bought. Blackmailed? Sure, possibly. But bought? Nope.

domelogic

I'd love it if someone gave a shit about objective truth.

There is plenty out there, you just have to work a little bit to find it. That is the problem with the msm, they have an agenda and are not objective. They have not been objective for some time. This whole story/situation is the stuff good journalists lived for. Sadly you will get none of that from the more popular msm. Find the journalists who produce facts to back up their story and you will find what you hope is going to happen. If it does not happen we will have a complete collapse of or country. There is and will be plenty of evidence that even the hard core libs will not protest. Ok who am I kidding they will but it will be futile. I am not on twitter but have found those voices on there.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Assange is a piece of shit. Fuck him, whatever happens to him he deserves for putting American lives at risk.

That being said, the left are still trying to hang this "Russian hack" bullshit on him.

There was no fucking Russian hack. Podesta is just an idiot who fell for a phishing scam on his home computer.

As for the DNC info, we know from the transmission speed that the data was taken out of the DNC on a flash drive or hard drive.

I'm sick of this lying shit.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
There was no fucking Russian hack. Podesta is just an idiot who fell for a phishing scam on his home computer.

As for the DNC info, we know from the transmission speed that the data was taken out of the DNC on a flash drive or hard drive.
I'm still amazed that there are so many deluded people who think that somehow we are worse off for learning that the DNC was/is a scummy organization. Regardless of how the info was disseminated, it shouldn't change the fact that we should be outraged at the shady shit that went on.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I'm still amazed that there are so many deluded people who think that somehow we are worse off for learning that the DNC was/is a scummy organization. Regardless of how the info was disseminated, it shouldn't change the fact that we should be outraged at the shady shit that went on.
It SHOULD be very telling that they never tried to refute any of it.

domelogic

It is obvious Seth Rich is the one who leaked the info. Now the question is who helped him. I doubt the amount of info that was leaked fit into a stick. Also where did he send it? Did it go to wiki immediately or was it housed by someone else first who may have helped. Rich, Manning, that other fugly leaker, could not have all been computer geniuses. But hey what do I know.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
It is obvious Seth Rich is the one who leaked the info. Now the question is who helped him. I doubt the amount of info that was leaked fit into a stick. Also where did he send it? Did it go to wiki immediately or was it housed by someone else first who may have helped. Rich, Manning, that other fugly leaker, could not have all been computer geniuses. But hey what do I know.
Text is very small though. With thumb drives of 256 GB being very commonplace, it's absolutely feasible that the info fit on one stick.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
If there was no malfeasance, we wouldn't need a Wikileaks to begin with. So although I hope Assange didn't put any innocent lives in danger, we deserve truth from our elected officials, and we also deserve honor. They have neither.
That’s the sad part, he’s breaking eggs to make delicious omelets

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
I've heard arguments on both sides...and yeah, I'm mixed on the matter. On one hand, some very interesting reading material was released that shined a light on the deep state and corruption among our politicians and the special interests. Alot of information I'm very happy we got to see and I only hope there is more.

On the other hand...they were in charge of releasing classified information that, without redaction, could expose something that an enemy of ours could use...or put lives of agents and military personnel in danger.

It's like, I wish and I don't wish we had more control over the leaks.
I’m along the same thoughts, I hate snitches, but Assange was just releasing information that was already let out, charging him is not plugging the leaks, it’s charging the messenger

Pickle

Aside from the Podesta emails (which cannot be understated), the other substantial WikiLeaks dump most people don’t even think about is the CIA ‘Vault 7’ intel.

It revealed actual black projects that includes technological tools that the CIA can use AGAINST US CITIZENS. They can hack virtually any network and leave traces to make it look like the hack came from foreign governments/agencies. They also can use these tools to sabotage things like aircraft or military vehicles containing vulnerable computer parts and MAKE IT LOOK LIKE IT WASN’T THEM DOING IT.

Dome is correct that if the data was too big to all be stored on a flash drive or external device. It would need to be offloaded onto a larger secure network. KimDotCom has claimed MegaUpload was targeted by the US government specifically because he helped “Panda” (the alias used by the DNC whistleblower) and the US used copyright violations to justify targeting him and his businesses.

Objective truth should be the primary goal of every "journalist" but we know it's not. And that goes for both sides.

Classified information is classified for a reason and should stay that way. That in no way exonerates the wrong doing contained with in it though. And it should be punished.

The problem is when it becomes public it damaged us as a whole. Both in country and world wide. In country we cast doubt on those we elect. It divides us. Globally it exposes us as weak deceitful.

I dont think we as a country could handle or recover from a total clear look behind the curtain. Jessup said it, we cant handle the truth.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Pickle

And FFIW, the pastebins that I frequent mostly contain collections of articles done by independent journalists that do actual research on given topics.

Kind of like an open source Drudge Report.

MurphCO

Enough of this palaver
Donator
What he is being charged for is very obviously a deal

mascan42

It SHOULD be very telling that they never tried to refute any of it.
It's even more telling that they don't care that everyone knows they're dirty. Their only concern is who told on them.

domelogic

Aside from the Podesta emails (which cannot be understated), the other substantial WikiLeaks dump most people don’t even think about is the CIA ‘Vault 7’ intel.

It revealed actual black projects that includes technological tools that the CIA can use AGAINST US CITIZENS. They can hack virtually any network and leave traces to make it look like the hack came from foreign governments/agencies. They also can use these tools to sabotage things like aircraft or military vehicles containing vulnerable computer parts and MAKE IT LOOK LIKE IT WASN’T THEM DOING IT.

Dome is correct that if the data was too big to all be stored on a flash drive or external device. It would need to be offloaded onto a larger secure network. KimDotCom has claimed MegaUpload was targeted by the US government specifically because he helped “Panda” (the alias used by the DNC whistleblower) and the US used copyright violations to justify targeting him and his businesses.

Which gets back to your first point earlier. If he is brought to the US it is all discoverable. If Kim had it and passed it onto Assange, we will find out because there can not be many people/businesses that can store that amount of data. So it is possible that Assange had/uses people like Kim most of the time(ie manning and Rich). Of course this is just us spouting without actual proof but it makes sense.

Joey, I would think these files that are taken are massive. Much larger than 256gb. There is just no way to extrapolate the items you need and leave the rest. That would take way to much time so you grab everything. Funny thing is there could be more that was not released yet.

KRSOne

Honestly I don't know enough of WikiLeaks to have a firm opinion on the matter. If he is given classified info and publishes it, I'm not sure how that is any different than MSM publishing leaked classified intelligence. I think my opinion changes however if he pursued such information willingly subverting secrecy laws, in a sense stealing info.
Ya I thought it was like the Pentagon Papers. The government tried to go after the post but in response every paper in the country published the papers. Since then they never go after the publishers, they always go after the Mannings and Snowdens who leak the info. I guess they are claiming Assange helped Manning crack pass codes? I don't know how they will prove that and as far as I know Manning still isn't talking.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Donator
https://apnews.com/328522adb35b4445...AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter

LONDON (AP) — The Latest on the arrest of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in London (all times local):

2:30 a.m.

A senior Ecuadorian official says a Swedish software developer living in Quito and who is allegedly close to Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has been arrested as authorities attempt to dismantle a blackmail ring that in recent days had threatened to retaliate against President Lenin Moreno.

The official said Ola Bini was arrested Thursday at Quito’s airport as he was preparing to board a flight for Japan.

The official spoke on the condition of anonymity and didn’t provide any additional details about Bini.

On a blog, a Swedish man by the same name describes himself as a software developer working in Quito for the Center for Digital Autonomy, a group based in Ecuador and Spain focused on privacy, security and cryptography issues. It makes no mention of any affiliation with Wikileaks.

On Twitter earlier Thursday, Bini called claims by the Interior Minister that Russian hackers and someone close to Wikileaks were working inside Ecuador “very worrisome” news. “This seems like a witch hunt to me,” Bini wrote.

The arrest came after British police dragged Assange out of Ecuador’s embassy when his seven-year asylum was revoked.

By Gonzalo Solano in Quito, Ecuador.

KRSOne

This has nothing to do with national security. Their Trump witch hunt failed so now they are going after the other guy who hurt Clintons chances of winning.

If they cared about national security they would be protecting the borders from the foreign invasion and they would have been very upset about a SOS having an illegal private server that any state hacker had access to..