Will Smith angry over misinterpretation of Hilter comment

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
For now this just looks like another example of Euro media getting carried away. It's really not a big deal until the JDL denounces him.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/12/25/people.willsmith.ap/index.html

Will Smith angry over Hitler comment interpretation

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Will Smith is angry over celebrity gossip Web site articles that he said misinterpreted a recent remark he made in a Scottish newspaper about Adolf Hitler.
Smith

Will Smith was upset that a remark about Hitler was misinterpreted by a writer, and then gossip sites.

In a story published Saturday in the Daily Record, Smith was quoted saying: "Even Hitler didn't wake up going, 'let me do the most evil thing I can do today.' I think he woke up in the morning and using a twisted, backwards logic, he set out to do what he thought was 'good.' "

The quote was preceded by the writer's observation: "Remarkably, Will believes everyone is basically good."

Over the weekend, dozens of celebrity gossip Web sites posted articles about the comment, many saying that Smith believed that Hitler was a "good" person.

"It is an awful and disgusting lie," Smith said in a statement Monday provided by his publicist. "It speaks to the dangerous power of an ignorant person with a pen. I am incensed and infuriated to have to respond to such ludicrous misinterpretation."

"Adolf Hitler was a vile, heinous vicious killer responsible for one of the greatest acts of evil committed on this planet," read the statement.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
He was a goog person, he just went about things in a way nobody understood.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
good for will, i hope he comes clean and puts that jack ass in his place, shit like this happens all the fucking time, and it makes me sick

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
But isn't he right though? In his mind Hitler thought he was doing the right thing, the thing that needs to be done. He might have taken sadistic enjoyment in it but it wasn't like he wondered how he could be more evil today.

But that writer was a dick.

Still, who could be angry at anything with the adorable Li'l Santa with Li'l Rudolph in the bottom right of our posts?

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
oh shit, this actually made the tv news....I think he might be screwed in that all the Jews are working today.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
will smith has enough star power to smash that asshole reporter

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Typical media word twisting. Looking for a story where there isn't one.
QFT. ESPN is starting to do that shit too. They tried to make a story out of that comment that Phil Jackson made last month and he quickly threw it back in their face. Hopefully Big Williestyle will do same with this reporter.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
But isn't he right though? In his mind Hitler thought he was doing the right thing, the thing that needs to be done. He might have taken sadistic enjoyment in it but it wasn't like he wondered how he could be more evil today.
You're saying there's not a single human being on the face of this planet that wakes up and says "Damn I'm evil....Oh well."?

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I hate the media

Why not focus on really important matters? Like the war? Like the Muslims in their country & throughout Europe who are cuckholding them? Will Smith saying that Hitler thought he was doing a good thing in his twisted mind is a non-story.