"WIN THE WEST" -- S.F. 49ers Thread 2007

The Sarge

Guess who.
Jul 24, 2005
Germany.
Coach Nolan put that banner up. It's THE goal of the year.

They have the defense and an experience WR core.

Fuck the Rams.

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
Vernon Davis isn't getting SHIT tonight. Cardinals defense is looking good though, maybe they'll win more than 4 games this season!

The Sarge

Guess who.
Jul 24, 2005
Germany.
Vernon Davis isn't getting SHIT tonight. Cardinals defense is looking good though, maybe they'll win more than 4 games this season!
The Refs helped the Cards with that last score. Horrible officiating tonght for both sides.

HockeyHelmet

eugoogoolizer..you know one who speaks at funerals
Nov 24, 2004
Valley Stream
not a 49ers fan but I have arizona getting 3.5 so if the 49ers can get a touchdown here for ya I am all for it.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
Robinson cracked the fuck out of someone there.

The Sarge

Guess who.
Jul 24, 2005
Germany.
Final

Arizona 17 - SF 20

Ugly win...but it's a win. Last drive led by the youngest QB in the league...Alex Smith.

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
Amazing game tonight. Glad to see it come down to the final drive. Always happy to see that kind of football on opening weekend. Davis is on my fantasy team, that's the only reason I give a shit. Otherwise, I couldn't care less about the bay area teams.

The Sarge

Guess who.
Jul 24, 2005
Germany.
Amazing game tonight. Glad to see it come down to the final drive. Always happy to see that kind of football on opening weekend. Davis is on my fantasy team, that's the only reason I give a shit. Otherwise, I couldn't care less about the bay area teams.
yeah...I was actually hoping Rackers would kick me in for the win this week...but no.

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
Alex played like a true leader in that last drive.

Joe Avezzano

Jul 9, 2006
Niners looked tough last night. I really liked the old style jerseys. The new ones with the black shadowed numbers are just ghey.

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
Niners looked tough last night. I really liked the old style jerseys. The new ones with the black shadowed numbers are just ghey.
You're a Niners fan and you have a former Dallas special teams coach as your username?? Odd!

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
Gore's mother passes away
Sad news from 49ers headquarters today. It turns out the rumors about Frank Gore's mother's passing were true. Mike Nolan said that Gore's mother, Liz, who has been battling kidney ailments for years, died on Wednesday. Gore did not practice today but is expected to play in Sunday's game in St. Louis.

"He said, 'Coach, I'm going to play,'" Nolan said. "I didn't have to ask. Frank just kind of offered it."

Gore flew to Miami a few weeks ago to be with his mother who, according to Nolan, was having surgery. He felt that if he did not see her then, he might not see her again. He'll likely make a return trip to Miami following Sunday's game.

We spoke with Gore around 1 p.m. yesterday and the discussion ranged from former Miami teammate Kevin Everett's recovery to Gore's problems catching passes Monday night. He was on his cell phone and checked text messages before we talked, and it didn't appear as if anything was amiss.

Gore, who grew up in Coconut Grove, Fla., was very close to his mother, who raised Gore, his two siblings and several cousins in a one-bedroom apartment. Gore often said that taking care of her was his top objective and one of his first extravagant purchases was a four-bedroom home for Liz, 46, in West Kendall, Fla.

Nolan said Gore arrived for practice Thursday morning but was having such a tough time, he was told to go home. Gore has family in town to help him with the loss.

-- Matt Barrows
RIP Mrs Gore :(

Joe Avezzano

Jul 9, 2006
You're a Niners fan and you have a former Dallas special teams coach as your username?? Odd!
No, I don't give a shit about the Niners. I just happened to catch the game and enjoyed the uniforms, that's all. It would be nice to see them return to power.

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
Good news for Alex Smith

RAMS LOSE ANOTHER STARTER
Quote:
After a poor Week One showing that resulted in a season-ending injury to left tackle Orlando Pace, the St. Louis Rams have suffered another setback.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Rams cornerback Tye Hill suffered broke multiple bones in his back when colliding with a teammate on one of the last plays of practice on Thursday.

Hill is expected to miss 4-6 weeks. Lenny Walls will start in Hill's absence.

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
Couldn't watch the game because i went to the Mets game, but from what i read, our offense was too conservative again.

Oh well, a win is a win, 2-0.

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
The rest of the schedule is relatively easy, there is a good possibility that they can go 7-3 and make the playoffs, but it all starts with Smith coming back, I can't stand Dilfer anymore...

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
the offense stinks and i don't like it...