Wingbowl - anyone going?

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I'm heading down there with my brother and a few friends. Doing the tailgate thing beforehand... I'm not really that into it. But my brother asked me if I wanted to go, so I said yeah what the hell. I had a vacation day to burn from last year anyway. I've gone a bunch of times before. But, it doesn't seem as fun as it was like 5 years ago.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
You have tickets? They announced that the event was sold out and
if you don't have tickets they won't even let you into the lot.
I'd love to go as I know someone who is competing but there's no
way I can take the day off.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
its a bunch of drunks that throw chicken wings at fat ladys asses

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Yes, I have a ticket.

You are right, it is sold out... But, there are tickets floating around. Various ticket agencies probably still have some and I am sure there will be some "entrepreneurs" selling tickets down there in the parking lots...

Kris, google WingBowl and you'll find out about it.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
please take cameras
Sinn and Glenn

need some Wingette pics here

have fun
i'll still be sleeping when it's over

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
Chestnut's in

didn't see the rest of the lineup though

usually some of Pat's compatriots
are in it

check BB1's link for more info

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
You gotta qualify at their events, all in the Philly area. I'm sure Pat could beat the guy who ate 300 mini marshmallows.

Which brings me to, why would 20,000 people pay to see an eating event?

Oct 13, 2004
Westchester, NY
You gotta qualify at their events, all in the Philly area. I'm sure Pat could beat the guy who ate 300 mini marshmallows.

Have you seen Coney Island for the Hot Dog eating contest? It's 95 degrees on July 4th, and there's hundreds of thousands of people at this thing.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Have you seen Coney Island for the Hot Dog eating contest? It's 95 degrees on July 4th, and there's hundreds of thousands of people at this thing.
Yeah that's like the Super Bowl of eating. I guess this is a big enough deal though.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly

I'm not sure how it was this year, but it was $5 a few years ago, and that's because the year the Eagles were in the Super Bowl, it was still free and about 70,000 people showed up and tried to get in. Going there at 4 am, there was so much traffic that it looked like there was an Eagles Monday night game and a Flyers game at the same time. It was fucking nuts. They had to do something to start ticketing it.
As far as going, almost everyone watching is drunk, a lot of girls flash and its just insane(from what I was told by friends of mine that have gone before).

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
Imageshack is showing error... tryin a bit,
I WAS LOOKIN AT THE MIDGET I SWEAR!

I SAID WAS UP,,,,, HE JUST MOUTHED.....

Couldnt touch him but, I think he seemed human.

GO BIRDS.

This looks like my ass.???? Girl???

BALLS LIKE SCISSORS, GOTTA LOVE THE SMALL DUDE.

If this is what men are paying for, I live on wall street.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Well, Joey Chestnut won, again. It turns out they got different wings this year, real small ones so that all of the contestants could post really high numbers.

I think it might have jumped the shark...

I won't be suprised if they take a year off and don't have it next year.

The city shut things down as far as prolonged tailgate activity. The Holiday Inn down there used to let you park in their lot and tailgate at like midnight. The stadium lots don't open until 4AM. We got down there and found out the city shut it down, told the Holiday Inn that they couldn't allow tailgating due to people setting bonfires and shit last year.

So, we went to Chickie and Petes and drank REAL slow just so we'd have a place to stay for a couple hours. When they kicked us out at 2AM we found a warehouse parking lot on 7th street where the gates were open. We decided to sneak in there. We parked where we saw another car that was empty, figuring maybe it was an employee parking lot. We see some crazy old dude pop his head up in the car parked there and after like 3 minutes he started it and drove to the other side of the lot. We think we saw a 2nd person in the car. Dude might have been there with a hooker or something.

We hung out there for like an hour or so and about 3AM other people started finding this lot. We left a like 3:45 AM and went to the Wachovia lot. We went in about 6:30 AM.

Glenn Dandy

Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
I'm not sure how it was this year, but it was $5 a few years ago, and that's because the year the Eagles were in the Super Bowl, it was still free and about 70,000 people showed up and tried to get in. Going there at 4 am, there was so much traffic that it looked like there was an Eagles Monday night game and a Flyers game at the same time. It was fucking nuts. They had to do something to start ticketing it.
As far as going, almost everyone watching is drunk, a lot of girls flash and its just insane(from what I was told by friends of mine that have gone before).
NAIIIIIILED IT!

cept the tent, heater, breakfst,,, BEERS,...

Its how you do... bro

I throw a hell of a Martin Luther King Day Pa ROD!

Glenn Dandy

Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
Sinn your friends bring al the toys.. heat rules.

great time.

Im still drinkin 2PM friday... i gotta get snoozin....

P.S My girl is hatin.