Wireless floodlight solution?

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Wondering if anyone can recommend a floodlight for my deck that works off solar power only. I have my grill in a spot not covered by lighting and it would be nice to have a spotlight over for nighttime grilling. Running wires to it would be a pain in the butt. Most of the solar outdoor lights I've seen are accent lighting and don't seem to cast enough light to work off of.

maz

TRueWDTer
Move the grill?
Or just get something like this ?

Not sure about the solar part, which may be a sign of how lame solar still is. LED lighting on the other hand is plenty capable. Maybe something like these, maybe you could rig a mount for them near the grill then charge them as needed (+3 hour run time). These are probably more light than needed for sure since they are designed for polishing cars where you need intense light.

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/cordless+pro+led+shop+light.do

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
I have some of those Mr. Beams LED ones. They aren't solar, but take D batteries. They seem to last a long time.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
I have one of those lights that clips on the grill handle.....it sucks ass. I figured with LED technology today there might be a better solution.

5skin

We have a flexible LED with a magnetic base that I haven't changed batteries in for the two years we've had it. The light covers the entire grill in bright white light from a foot overhead. My wife says she bought it at IKEA.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
I have one of those lights that clips on the grill handle.....it sucks ass. I figured with LED technology today there might be a better solution.
I’m telling you, you’re going to look like a complete idiot but the stupid cheep ass head lamp works great

LEDs are plenty capable, I bet a $10 aftermarket map light LED would be more than enough for a grill. If you had to have it solar, just add a kit to any 12volt LED that has a solar cell that dumps into a battery.

Do you use any cordless drills, we use the Bosch 12 volts a lot. They have a pretty bright LED lamp that has a good magnet. It will certainly light up the grill.

ysr50

Donator
I have an assortment of these, including some pricier ones from Streamlight. The one I prefer was a freebie by Energizer I got as a gift from a customer. It's not rechargeable but the light it puts out isn't a focused beam, it's plenty bright but it's more spread out. If you're using one in the dark while grilling don't look at anyone you might be talking to, they won't appreciate it.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Still considering options for my back floodlight, but I installed a Ring camera/floodlight in the front of the house yesterday. It was easy to wire up since the garage had unfinished walls to run a new wire through. Couple of connections, install an app and now I can see the front of my house on my fire tv or have it alert me if someone comes up the driveway.

THE FEZ MAN

Still considering options for my back floodlight, but I installed a Ring camera/floodlight in the front of the house yesterday. It was easy to wire up since the garage had unfinished walls to run a new wire through. Couple of connections, install an app and now I can see the front of my house on my fire tv or have it alert me if someone comes up the driveway.
I’ve got 3 Kuna cameras

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
I’ve got 3 Kuna cameras
Kuna was supposed to be developing an overhead porch light camera. They still haven't come out with it. So, I went with three Nest cameras.

THE FEZ MAN

Kuna was supposed to be developing an overhead porch light camera. They still haven't come out with it. So, I went with three Nest cameras.

I bought the flood light for in front of the garage

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
I just picked this up for $30 from Walmart. My model is 1500 lumens and has two light fixtures...no wiring necessary