Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition (360 & PC)

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition

came out for the xbox 360 on Tuesday.

third person rpg

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings contains many different paths and storylines, along with multiple endings. As in the first game, the player takes control of Geralt of Rivia, one of the few remaining witchers. Witchers are humans that have been genetically enhanced and trained to fight monsters from a young age. They have special powers, different in each witcher. These include alchemy, magic, and sword handling.

www.thewitcher.com/

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher_2:_Assassins_of_Kings

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JciyoGmnGyo

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Wow, looks cool! Just one problem, why do we look like Julian Sands from warlock?

Dec 12, 2007
My favorite game of 2011, enjoy you console queers.

Joker1919

Oct 11, 2008
Central Kentucky
Picked this up today based on what some of you guys that played it on pc have said about it. Hope to get to it when i finish L.A. Noire

Dec 12, 2007
Picked this up today based on what some of you guys that played it on pc have said about it. Hope to get to it when i finish L.A. Noire
You can just say my name, I've been talking about it since June or July of last year.

Dec 12, 2007
FYI depending on your choices in the first act the game splits two ways so its like you get two games in one. Not just good versus bad choice.

If you want a more heroic game choose elves and dwarves, even though they are some blood thirsty fucks.

If you want to see how dispicable and terrible the people of this world are capable of being choose to side with the elf hunters.

There is literally no comparison to any game out there to how racist and real these characters act. Even the good characters are dispicable.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Iorveth or Roche? Which one did you like more?

Did you import saved games from Witcher 1?

Triss Merigold...

Thanks for mentioning it.

Dec 12, 2007
Iorveth or Roche? Which one did you like more?

Did you import saved games from Witcher 1?

Triss Merigold...

Thanks for mentioning it.
I played the game through 4 times before I had to stop myself from playing it to get to other games. Its without question the best game I've played and thats the old version of it. I never played the new enhanced edition.

I went through both storylines, both have their holyshit moments but choosing roche means you directly are respondsible for some of the most brutal parts the game offers. Certain minor actions can bite you in the ass or give you advantages later on in the game. The great thing is that you never know just what the right choice is. Theres a quest where I thought I was doing the right thing and ended up killing an innocent man because I wanted to play hero. The story and writing is really organic, no one is 100% black and white but darker and lighter shades of grey.

Ensure the safety of a human town by siding with a rapist murderer or side with the elves and doom a town of people to possible destruction from elven terrorists. Is there a right or wrong choice? You never know for sure.

I've played through witcher 1 about 7 times at this point and yes I did import my save.

Dec 12, 2007
One thing I liked about the first was that its an RPG first and foremost. It doesn't try for a swiss army knife approach of being an RPG and an action game and a shooter and blah blah blah.

This of course limited the audience more to a cult following among hardcore RPG people like me.

The second maintains the hardcore RPG elements while incorporating a more diverse combat and leveling system. While keeping its roots as a brutal mature game aimed at older players who want a game that pulls no punches. Its not a happy world to be in but it makes it feel much more real when there isn't always a happy ending.

Joker1919

Oct 11, 2008
Central Kentucky
One thing I liked about the first was that its an RPG first and foremost. It doesn't try for a swiss army knife approach of being an RPG and an action game and a shooter and blah blah blah.

This of course limited the audience more to a cult following among hardcore RPG people like me.

The second maintains the hardcore RPG elements while incorporating a more diverse combat and leveling system. While keeping its roots as a brutal mature game aimed at older players who want a game that pulls no punches. Its not a happy world to be in but it makes it feel much more real when there isn't always a happy ending.
I agree with you 100% I love that the game world is a miserable fucking place and no matter how hard you think on a decision in the game there is consequences for your actions. I constantly find myself questioning a decision that I have just made in the game wondering what could have happened if i had made the other choice. It is without a doubt one of the best games I have played in years.

Cool Dude

New Wackbag
May 17, 2012
Do you have to play the first one to know whats going on in this one? My pc can't run the original.

Dec 12, 2007
Do you have to play the first one to know whats going on in this one? My pc can't run the original.
Its not 100% needed but it makes it easier to jump into the game and know whats going on right off the bat.