Witless Protection - LTCG's Last Film?

R.BuddDwyer

Feb 2, 2006
Philly
I don't know how it couldn't be. I was checking showtimes at my local theater and saw it listed so I looked into it. It's grossed just over $2M and has a Rotton Tomatoes rating of [Dean Wormer]Zero point Zero[/Dean Wormer] which is honestly the first movie I've ever seen that managed to score that low.

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
I don't know how it couldn't be. I was checking showtimes at my local theater and saw it listed so I looked into it. It's grossed just over $2M and has a Rotton Tomatoes rating of [Dean Wormer]Zero point Zero[/Dean Wormer] which is honestly the first movie I've ever seen that managed to score that low.
One missed call had a 0.0 earlier this year, but this looked like garbage too. Before calling Larry's film career as stillborn keep in mind they made 9 of those redneck "Ernest" movies and nothing makes rednecks laugh harder than watching rednecks.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
One missed call had a 0.0 earlier this year, but this looked like garbage too. Before calling Larry's film career as stillborn keep in mind they made 9 of those redneck "Ernest" movies and nothing makes rednecks laugh harder than watching rednecks.
Yeah, as long as some chump puts up the money to make these flicks they'll
keep pumping them out.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
That was a simpler time. A time before the Internet and cellular phones. Also Ernest is funnier than LtCG.

R.BuddDwyer

Feb 2, 2006
Philly
Ya, most movies nowadays make the Ernests look like The Godfather.

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Feb 18, 2005
in a house
fuck comparing that.

Ernest ruled 10 x's LtCG.

predators1998

Mar 13, 2006
Tennessee
Never underestimate how many DVD's this fucker sells. Fuckin rubes around here thinks this fucker walks on water...or PBR.

R.BuddDwyer

Feb 2, 2006
Philly
I would give a DVD of this the same value as an AOL one you see everywhere in FYE and such.

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
It pissed me off how chummy O&A were with him when this is exactly the kind of movie they destroy for being so hacky and unfunny. If Cedric the Entertainer was in this they woulda done 45 minutes on it. Having LtCG in is a perfect opportunity for super-evil Opie to come out and he never does.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
No, they aren't douchey to people who sell out stadiums in markets that they want to improve in (all of them) and even though Mr. The_Cable_Guy just constantly does Set-up, joke, set-up, joke, he's not that bad of a guest. Could be worse.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Ernest dressed in drag with a neck brace and a baritone voice made me laugh.

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
No, they aren't douchey to people who sell out stadiums in markets that they want to improve in (all of them) and even though Mr. The_Cable_Guy just constantly does Set-up, joke, set-up, joke, he's not that bad of a guest. Could be worse.
Same reason they don't confront Dane, because he can help them.

unklewilly

Nov 13, 2006
I love to go on yahoo and see peoples reviews of the movie. There are actually people out there who think this is the funniest movie ever. I just want to know why the boys didint hammer him about making really shitty movies. Hell I saw the trailer for it and knew it was shit.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Do you expect Opie to throw poker chips at every person who comes on the show? He's a nice guy. Sure he makes shit movies and has a bad stand up act. But he's not a terrible guest.

Zuke

May 25, 2005
I overheard the guy in the next cube telling someone that they should go see the latest Larry movie and how hilarious it was. I wanted to bite his face.

It pissed me off how chummy O&A were with him when this is exactly the kind of movie they destroy for being so hacky and unfunny.
Why would O&A want to go into destroy-the-guest mode with him? His movies suck balls (or at least it appears that they do, I've not seen one), but he's a good guest.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I overheard the guy in the next cube telling someone that they should go see the latest Larry movie and how hilarious it was. I wanted to bite his face.
Call it cubical not cube, admit your station in life.

There are different levels of friends of the show. There are true friends, loyal friends, literally parts of the show. Those are the people they can rag about to their face because they're friends in the actual sense. Then you have acquaintances of the show. They're not completely in the fold but they're not total assholes and you don't want to burn that bridge not only for "help" reasons but also because you're not a flatout jerk. It makes perfect sense to me and I hate LTCG.

And I think another difference is O+A seem to have a real reverence for the standup comedian, what they do and especially if they make it and aren't complete dicks. It's very rare for a stand-up to open a movie, even a comedy movie. And I think they kind of have respect for the standup to get that opportunity.

Except for Cedric the Entertainer.

Because he's black.