WM33

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
No, they're trying for Cena 2.0 and that's the other big issue with Roman's push: they're trying to make him into a new version of someone else. They're not tailoring a push to Reigns' character and strengths as much as they're plugging him into a prefabricated formula, which causes everything he does to come off as super artificial.
Whoever 2.0. As you said, it's a formula. Kids like him. Women like him. Some men like him. He'll continue to be pushed on merch sales alone.

Lord Zero

I never understood why Brock was the one chosen to end the streak. I also think once the Undertaker did lose, what was the point of the WWE continuing to celebrate his record at Wrestlemania.
Brock wasn't chosen at all. Apparently, Vince just decided on the day that it was time for the Streak to end. Something funny that others have pointed out is that they didn't tell the ref before or even during the match. WWE refs these days are instructed to count every pin like it's real (to avoid any Tim White-at-WrestleMania 2000-like clusterfucks), which means that if the ref counts to 3, planned or not, the match ends. So that referee had a long while to sit around thinking that he had fucked up and ENDED THE STREAK BY MISTAKE.

do you have a gif at the end when taker screwed up his placement when roman was running back and forth to the ropes?

take turns around and realizes he is facing the wrong way and turns around.

Papagolash

24.24.2.2194 [Incarcerated]
Wackbag Staff
That's not Taker fucking up. That's him after taking a beating from Roman, showing that he can't keep up with Roman going back and forth because he's too beat up. It was meant to look like that.

ScottFromGA

I cum into socks.
That's not Taker fucking up. That's him after taking a beating from Roman, showing that he can't keep up with Roman going back and forth because he's too beat up. It was meant to look like that.
Exactly. That was Roman delivering the final blow to the Undertaker to take him down. He had already hit him with like 20 Stupidman Punches and 10 Spears before that and he kicked out each time. So he basically supercharged a running spear for his final attempt to finish him.

Still a shit match and Roman sucks ass.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

That's why it's not working: they're giving him everything far before he's ready for it and it exposed his flaws and the areas where he needs to improve. Roman Reigns used to be way over, if you remember, and he was well protected in the Shield. But WWE really did start to shove him down the audience's throat after the Shield broke up. And the more the crowds rejected it, the harder they shoved. It started with WWE keeping Reigns on TV way too much while he was out injured and that first phase of spoon-feeding culminated with Roman winning the Slammy Award for Superstar of the Year even though he had been out of action for a good portion of it and spent a good portion of the remaining months in a three-man tag team. His two tag team partners entered into the hottest feud in the company against each other and were tearing down show after show while Roman was having a just okay first singles run. If I remember correctly, the crowds really began turning on him after that point.
It started with those "via satellite" interviews when he was out hurt. I never understood the thinking with those, especially since he was literally backstage. They should have had him practice talking on house shows while he was out since that was his biggest weakness. Instead, they had him do monthly interviews that nobody liked or cared about for a guy who missed 3 months.
The return pops are always so big because absence makes the heart grow fonder, as they say.
I never understood why Brock was the one chosen to end the streak. I also think once the Undertaker did lose, what was the point of the WWE continuing to celebrate his record at Wrestlemania.
Because they expected it yo need Undertaker's last match.

Lord Zero

It started with those "via satellite" interviews when he was out hurt. I never understood the thinking with those
I understand it. "DON'T YOU LOVE ROMAN, EVERYONE?! YOU LOVE ROMAN, YOU FUCKING SHEEP!"

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
Looks like Mauro Rennallo is done with WWE. JBL being an insufferable dickhead behind the scenes seems to have something to do with it. That sucks for him and WWE. He was the best announcer they've had since JR. I'm guessing that even with laryngitis and a sneezing fit, Renallo would be 100x's better announcing than JBL and JBL knew it. So JBL rode him until he left.

After reading JTG's book about the backstage of WWE, I wouldn't be surprised. The petty shit that gets you in trouble (He didn't shake my hand when he entered the room, he thinks he's better than me, I'll shit in his bag) is ridiculous. I wonder if someone like Nakamura, who is an established star has to put up with the new guy hazing because he didn't start in WWE.

Lord Zero

I just wanted to post this for historical purposes before the thread dies off forever. This is the greatest sign a fan as ever brought to a wrestling show.

I just wanted to post this for historical purposes before the thread dies off forever. This is the greatest sign a fan as ever brought to a wrestling show.

I wish I could give this (and the actual guy with the sign) 6 million likes.

Boo. I'll show myself out. Sorry.