I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
...Actually no, she wont be.

Woman recants **** lie after dad imprisoned

by Associated Press
Posted on April 2, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Updated yesterday at 5:02 PM

LONGVIEW -- The Cowlitz County prosecutor says she won't charge a Longview woman who admitted she lied when she said her father ***** her -- sending him to prison for more than nine years.
Prosecutor Sue Baur says charging Cassandra Kennedy might discourage girls from reporting sexual assaults.
Now 23 years old, Kennedy says guilt prompted her to tell police in January that she lied as an 11-year-old in 2001 in Kalama, according to a report in The Longview Daily News.
Her father, Thomas Edward Kennedy, denied the allegation but was convicted by a jury and sentenced in 2002 to more than 15 years in prison.
Now 43, Kennedy was released last week and all charges against him were dismissed.
Cassandra Kennedy says she lied because she was disappointed in her father after her parents divorced.
The newspaper reported that she first recanted her testimony last January in front of two detectives.
"I just want him to be out and freed," Cassandra said in her interview with the police. Then, she said, "I will be free on the inside."
Thomas Kennedy declined to comment to the paper, saying he just wanted to get on with his life. Longview police who investigated the case that led to the conviction also declined to comment.
The Daily News reported that Cassandra Kennedy has been staying at a Christian addiction treatment center near Kelso. An administrator there said she was in Mexico for missionary work and unavailable for comment.
NINE FUCKING YEARS!!!!!!!

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Unfuckinbelievable.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I have had arguments on this topic with my sister where we were both in each other's face screaming at the top of our lungs. I just can't get her to see the other side of this. She would probably agree with this decision. I'm just tired of throwing real people under the bus for the benefit of hypothetical victims. Could it discourage women from complaining? Sure, I guess. But you have actual people on the one hand (like this guy), and hypothetical people on the other (victims who may or may not report it). Sorry, but actual people win out every time in my book.

Hopefully he can go after her in a civil trial and destroy her.

steve500

Oct 20, 2008
35,000 ft
I have had arguments on this topic with my sister where we were both in each other's face screaming at the top of our lungs. I just can't get her to see the other side of this. She would probably agree with this decision. I'm just tired of throwing real people under the bus for the benefit of hypothetical victims. Could it discourage women from complaining? Sure, I guess. But you have actual people on the one hand (like this guy), and hypothetical people on the other (victims who may or may not report it). Sorry, but actual people win out every time in my book.

I fail to see how the hell prosecuting this twat would discourage actual victims from reporting it?

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I fail to see how the hell prosecuting this twat would discourage actual victims from reporting it?
Again, I don't agree with this argument, but how it was argued to me was that a hysterical raipe victim won't understand the finer points of such a decision. All she will see is that an accuser was exposed and prosecuted, thus making her afraid to come forth herself. Personally I think that's bullshit and also somewhat chauvinistic (society protecting the poor woman who can't think rationally).

Like I said, I think that serving justice trumps that kind of "what if" scenario. It's almost like reverse pre-crime. They are predicting how some theoretical woman would react to this story and basing a legal decision on it. It's despicable.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Absolutely agree... it will just discourage people from lying about being victimized, which should carry a harsh punishment because it cheapens what real victims went through, has the potential to put innocent people behind bars, and makes people doubt stories like this.

The message this sends to women is "sure, go ahead, yell r@ape... even if you're lying, nothing will happen to you". So now psycho teens who are pissed that their daddy didn't buy them the Mustang they wanted, ex-wives fighting for child custody, or just women in general see this as a legitimate way to attack men who have spited them.

When in doubt, our society should be more concerned with keeping innocent people out of jail over letting guilty people go free.

steve500

Oct 20, 2008
35,000 ft
Again, I don't agree with this argument, but how it was argued to me was that a hysterical raipe victim won't understand the finer points of such a decision. All she will see is that an accuser was exposed and prosecuted, thus making her afraid to come forth herself. Personally I think that's bullshit and also somewhat chauvinistic (society protecting the poor woman who can't think rationally).

Like I said, I think that serving justice trumps that kind of "what if" scenario. It's almost like reverse pre-crime. They are predicting how some theoretical woman would react to this story and basing a legal decision on it. It's despicable.
Yeah, now my blood is boiling too! I was actually (falsely) accused of sexual harassment by a girl I dated in college (basically, she said that I pay her credit card bill, or she'll make my life hell) & since I had evidence that she was full of it, I let the case drag on for a bit to see how coddled she would be & to see who all presumed I was guilty.

The fu*king investigation chick called me "disgusting and boarish", and quite a few females gave me the "how could you " look.

Then, I simply printed off the email dummy sent me with the blackmail threat, & I had receipts that proved another girl and I were actually out of town when the supposed harassment took place.

In the end, they cleared me, of course, but they refused to punish false claim filer for the same reason as this case - to not scare other whores.

/sorry for the rant

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
It is infuriating. But what I want to know with these false claims how convictions are occurring. There can't be any real evidence other that what she said vs what he said. How does that result in a conviction.

And I'll tell you this, If I'm ever a juror on a r**e case, unless the prosecution can make a tighter than airtight case presenting witnesses and forensics and wounds matching the hands/feet of the defendant, You won't get a guilty vote from me. See, that's how the no punishment for false claims makes me react.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Did the mother coach the kid on this, and if so, why isn't her ass in a sling?

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
To prosecute her - Discourage woman/girls to report a ****.

Not to prosecute her - Encourage woman/girls to lie and put men in jail without any fear of being prosecuted for lying.

Mega-atomic-googleplex-facepalm.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009

Wouldn't he be the one liable for his 11 yo's actions? Unless the mother had something to do with this: he could definitely sue her.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
And he can definitely sue the gubmint, right?

Wrecktum

Tounge puncher of fart boxes
Jun 29, 2006
Cervix spelunking
This would just show bitches they can get away with falsely accusing people or r8pe.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Lots of women seem to very confused about what is, and what is not :rap:.

More education is the key... :icon_wink

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
"whaa" Are you talking about the whole background story? I haven't read it yet.
Background story? What's that? I usually base my posts on a quick glance at the OP. Maybe, if I'm not in a hurry, I'll scroll through the first page of the thread.

I'm just saying that an 11 yo's actions are not her fault, the adults involved are the ones who should be held responsible.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Background story? What's that? I usually base my posts on a quick glance at the OP. Maybe, if I'm not in a hurry, I'll scroll through the first page of the thread.

I'm just saying that an 11 yo's actions are not her fault, the adults involved are the ones who should be held responsible.

Oh, OK. I dunno, man. This is one of those really rough situations. If your 11 year old kid told you some guy molested her, you would probably act as though it was the truth. I'm just sick and tired of the victim being essentially disregarded in cases like this. The judge's rationale wasn't that she was 11. It was the old "we don't want to discourage women from complaining" argument, and that's a bullshit argument IMO.

Wrecktum

Tounge puncher of fart boxes
Jun 29, 2006
Cervix spelunking
Yes but false accusal happen every day. My friend lost 3 years of his life and a career in the Army and his parents house defending him self. All because some girl got caught by her boyfriend getting a deep dicking by two guys.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
After reading the article, I can safely say the only justice that would be served is her being anally assaulted by a large group of men, and being called a "liar liar pants on fire" by the police she reported it to. She was fucked in the head at a very young age.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
Yes but false accusal happen every day. My friend lost 3 years of his life and a career in the Army and his parents house defending him self. All because some girl got caught by her boyfriend getting a deep dicking by two guys.
The same thing happened to my brother's friend after he screwed some skank at a party, then treated her like shit after. She got mad and went to the cops days later reporting he sexually assaulted her. His family spent $50K in attorney fees proving that she was an unstable liar.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
My belief on women.... I only trust one, my mom. Because no matter who she is, or who she is in relation to you, she is still a female. My best friend is engaged to my cousin. We all grew up together and are all very very close. I keep telling him, even though she is my cousin, she is still a woman. She is no different than any other female, or any other woman, because they can and will all act like cunts.

He doesn't want to listen though. And that just proves why I'll probably be single forever.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle

Once she turned 18 and STILL didn't say anything, it then became her fault. She's 23. Even from her point of view that's 5 years of false imprisonment.

Personally, I'd drop that to 16.

Little cunt should be in jail.