Woman Drowns In Rain Barrel

Got One?

.....and she was a stewardess.
Aug 3, 2004
ak-ROWDY
ok one of my friends and i have been debating this story as "she drowned accidentally"... i say the hubby got sick of her and blamed it on the kitteh.

http://www.koat.com/news/14993696/detail.html

SANTA FE, N.M. -- A woman drowned when she apparently tried to retrieve a kitten from a 55-gallon rain barrel at her home southeast of Santa Fe.

Santa Fe County Sheriff Greg Solano said 48-year-old Deborah Hill was found by her husband Sunday afternoon after he returned home from running errands. Solano said the couple had dragged the plastic barrel inside their home because they wanted to thaw ice that had formed in the barrel.

The barrel, which Solano said was tied to a door so it wouldn't tip, was about one-third full of water when the kitten fell in. Solano said Hill apparently was standing on something to reach down for the kitten when she slid in.
sponsor

Detectives said the kitten is alive, and most likely climbed out over Hill.

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
The kitten climbing out over her made me fucking giggle. It probably had no clue what was going on, then just peaced out and left her there to rot. Perfection.

Tax Kuntz

just being an ass
Jul 6, 2003
Parsippany, NJ
How the fuck can someone drown in a 1/3 full 55 gallon drum?

THERE NEVER WAS A KITTY!

Got One?

.....and she was a stewardess.
Aug 3, 2004
ak-ROWDY
How the fuck can someone drown in a 1/3 full 55 gallon drum?

THERE NEVER WAS A KITTY!
i'm with you... i'm calling shenanigans... ok i realize 22 gallons is a lot of water, sorta, but do a pushup and lock your arms.... you're in the air.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
But, if she was a chubby little Scotch girl, she might have a problem or two with her balance and slipped after a playful push from her husband.

It should be noted that she may have been under cat mind control, thus then, forced to kill herself by those evildoer cats.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Why were they worried that 18 gallons of water would tip over? Why tie it to a door?

Tax Kuntz

just being an ass
Jul 6, 2003
Parsippany, NJ
I know that, but this lady wasn't drunk. At most, she was in about 18" of water. If she really drowned that way, then she deserved to die anyway.

Friday

Fezzing Out
May 1, 2007
elsewhere
omg ... i feel awful for laughing at this story...

eh... who am i kidding ... :haha7:

the best part.....
Detectives said the kitten is alive, and most likely climbed out over Hill.

DeltaPin

Donator
Feb 17, 2005
NJ
i'm with you... i'm calling shenanigans... ok i realize 22 gallons is a lot of water, sorta, but do a pushup and lock your arms.... you're in the air.
"Is she a great big fat person?"

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Feb 15, 2005
Elkton, MD
What a miracle scenario. He's rid of her in what could be considered the cleanest way possible. And he's not responsible for it at all. No divorce, no alimony. Just the rest of his life to enjoy.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York

They'll have to ammend this one to include stupid wives.

I know that, but this lady wasn't drunk. At most, she was in about 18" of water. If she really drowned that way, then she deserved to die anyway.
You're not accounting for the displacement of her big fat head John.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Wow, the mods are destroying this thread... This man just made me laugh with a joke that involved buoyancy principals.

I hate that I like you unfunny killjoys so damn much right now :action-sm

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
I can see this happening to an out of shape 50-something housewife. I can also imagine the cat freaking out and using its claws to pull itself over her as she's trying to twist and ush herself above the water.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
I love a happy ending. Adorable kitten survives, stupid human dies.

How thin is the barrel? Is it possible to dive head first and get wedged in such a way as to not be able to lift yourself up?

NotSoFast

Apr 23, 2006
Thibodaux, LA USA
But how long could you hold yourself up with no help? Eventually you will give out and fall back down. A 55 gallon drum is almost 4 feet tall. I doubt most people could hold themselves out of the water and reach the rim and haul themselves out unassisted. Especially a cat lover.