Woman Faces Charges for Kissing Painting

Feb 20, 2006
**** Island
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8QH5EB82&show_article=1

Woman Faces Charges for Kissing Painting

Jul 21 02:56 PM US/Eastern

MARSEILLE, France (AP) - A woman has been arrested on suspicion of kissing a painting by American artist Cy Twombly and smudging the bone-white canvas with her lipstick, French judicial officials said Saturday.

Police said they arrested the woman after she kissed the work on Thursday.
She is to be tried in a court in the southern city of Avignon on Aug. 16 for "damage to a work of art," judicial officials said.

The painting, which is worth an estimated $2 million, was on display at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Avignon. It is part of an exhibition slated to run at the museum through Sept. 30. Officials did not provide further details on the painting.

Twombly is known for his abstract paintings combining painting and drawing techniques, repetitive lines and the use of graffiti, letters and words.

Born in Lexington, Va., in 1928, Twombly has lived in Italy for nearly a half- century. He won the prestigious Golden Lion award at the Venice Biennale in 2001.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press.

Stupid cunt.

Aug 11, 2005
that dumb cunt wanted to make it all about her
fuck'er

Max Johnson

Oct 14, 2004
A quick search of his work tells me that this horseshit isn't any worse off for the smudge. That said, she's a stupid cunt for being so stupid and cunty.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
why the FUCK do people need to touch shit, when i had my store and when i do shows it always AMAZES me how fucking stupid people are, then they get all pissed off when you tell them NO you cant fucking touch it. i got into a great battle with a stupid fucking CUNT at our old gallery about touching a painting, with a 1000$ price tag on it. it was behind my counter hanging on the wall, (i rented the counter/case) the CUNT asked me to take the painting down and hand it to her so she could see it, i said no, you can see it fine from were she was and it was tagged at 1k and i wasn't taking it down. the cunt was mabe 19 there was NO fucking way i was taking that down for her. she starts yelling at me calling me all kinds of names, how she was going to have me fired how i was a shitty employee making a scene ect... the owner comes over to see what the ruckus is and then informs the cunt that she was the owner of the painting and the gallery, and unless she had 1k to hand me she wasn't going to touch shit and to get the fuck out. i loved it