Woman is suing Christian College over firing

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
This twat decides she wants to live with her b/f while working for a Christian College. Now she's suing because they fired her for it. There are plenty of colleges you can work for that don't care if you wanna fuck your b/f.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
Since there's no details, I'm assuming that the college didn't place her under surveillance to find this out, but she probably yapped it to anyone with a set of ears.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
Dated a girl who taught at a catholic elementary school about a decade ago. I was working a case near her school and decided, fuck it, let's get a room for the night so we don't have to drive back in the morning (the school was about an hour away from either of our houses).

She was worried, and demanded that we get a room with two beds in case "it got back to her school". Shitty small town everyone-knows-each-other bullshit.

SO didn't get any that night.

Big Fat Steve

I always wanted to fuck the Pink Power Ranger
Mar 5, 2005
FOB Ghazni, Afghanistan
I have no sympathy for anyone who works at a school who lies to children about our origins, and teaches any form of Biblical literalism, then gets fired for not following their cultish rules. She chose that false ideology, she chose to sell that false ideology to others, and now she's paying the price.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
I have no sympathy for anyone who works at a school who lies to children about our origins, and teaches any form of Biblical literalism, then gets fired for not following their cultish rules. She chose that false ideology, she chose to sell that false ideology to others, and now she's paying the price.

Yep, and I'm pretty sure she signed a morals clause

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Dated a girl who taught at a catholic elementary school about a decade ago. I was working a case near her school and decided, fuck it, let's get a room for the night so we don't have to drive back in the morning (the school was about an hour away from either of our houses).

She was worried, and demanded that we get a room with two beds in case "it got back to her school". Shitty small town everyone-knows-each-other bullshit.

SO didn't get any that night.
You weren't getting any either way. That was an excuse.

How do you know they teach this? Plenty of religious schools teach evolution just like state run schools do. And the students there actually know how to read the science books for a change.

steve500

Oct 20, 2008
35,000 ft
You weren't getting any either way. That was an excuse.

How do you know they teach this? Plenty of religious schools teach evolution just like state run schools do. And the students there actually know how to read the science books for a change.
I went to a Lutheran school for 3rd grade, and they taught us that God is why you can stand on a coke can without it crushing. I also dated an atheist that went to a catholic school who showed me the horseshit they preach in class, and most of her friends there were brainwashed to hell.

Not saying all religious schools are like this, but what you're saying is like pretending mission trips are only about giving aid to the needy

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I went to a Lutheran school for 3rd grade
This is a college. And from the catalog for their science program:

BIO 102 - Biological Diversity
(3) Continuation of BIO 101. Introduction to human physiology, animal and plant kingdom, plant structure and function, ecology, and creation and evolution.

Corequisites: BIO 112 (Lab).

When Offered
Every spring semester.
Looks like they teach both sides of the coin, but they DO teach evolution. So enough of this ignorance.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I think you missed the part where they teach evolution.

I don't know if it's how this school handles things, but some of these Christian private colleges let the student choose which path they want to take. Considering almost every college in the country teaches infinitely more dangerous falsehoods like Keynesian economics, I could care less about something like this. Anyone who takes creationism courses exclusively isn't going to be getting a job as a scientist anyway.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
This is a college. And from the catalog for their science program:

Looks like they teach both sides of the coin, but they DO teach evolution. So enough of this ignorance.
"Creationism" has no business in a collegiate Bio 102 curriculum. Save it for philosophy class.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
"Creationism" has no business in a collegiate Bio 102 curriculum. Save it for philosophy class.
Like it or not, a large number of people disagree with you. Those people are free to start their own colleges and teach whatever the fuck they want. Deal with it. Like I said, there are a lot more schools teaching much more dangerous stuff than this on a daily basis. At least both sides are being represented here. Try writing a paper supporting Chicago School economics in a 100 level Econ course, see how fair they are.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I agree, but we have no business dictating what type of curriculum a private institution wants to teach its students. They could have an entire department called "Cause Jesus", which includes the subjects of history, math, Science, Languages, Business & Economics, etc. The final would probably be fucking easy for those courses. Of course they would have to accept the consequences of not meeting accreditation standards, of employers not taking their degrees seriously, and as a result students not buying their product.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
The free market straightens this kind of shit out. People who don't want or aren't willing to deal with the bullshit that comes with going to a religious school don't attend one.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
The free market straightens this kind of shit out. People who don't want or aren't willing to deal with the bullshit that comes with going to a religious school don't attend one.
Exactly. And if their curriculum is that bad, their graduates won't get jobs and they'll go out of business.

steve500

Oct 20, 2008
35,000 ft
Exactly. And if their curriculum is that bad, their graduates won't get jobs and they'll go out of business.
So why do I have to jump through hoops with HR since they noticed I have a pattern of rejecting applications from BYU and other overly religious "schools"? I've never given that as a reason for rejection, but some asshole noticed a pattern.