Woman killed in NYC elevator accident

bill333

Go Screw!
Mar 23, 2005
Orange County,NY - Hudson Valley
(CBS/AP) NEW YORK - An advertising executive was killed in a freak elevator mishap Wednesday at a Madison Avenue office building, police and fire officials said.

The accident happened at around 10 a.m. in a 26-story office tower near Grand Central Terminal that has been the longtime home of advertising agency Y&R, formerly known as Young & Rubicam.

The New York Times identified the victim as 41-year-old Y&R executive Suzanne Hart.

Officials said Hart was stepping onto the elevator on the first floor when either her foot or leg became caught in the closing doors. The car then rose abruptly, dragging her body into the shaft and killing her, officials said.

The elevator then became stuck between the first and second floors. Two people who were on the elevator were taken to a hospital to be evaluated for psychological trauma but weren't physically injured, Fire Department officials said.

Investigators with the fire department, the police department and the city's buildings department were on the scene in midtown Manhattan.

A spokeswoman for Y&R, which announced just days ago that it planned to vacate the building for a new headquarters, confirmed that there had been a fatality but said she couldn't yet provide additional information.

According to her LinkedIn profile, Hart was the Director of New Business, Content and Experience at Y&R, where she has worked since 2007. She was a 1988 graduate of Palos Verdes High School in Calif. and she earned a BA in Fine Art and International Relations from Knox College.

There have reportedly been elevator violations in the building, but it's unclear from when or from which of the building's elevators, CBS New York reports.

The company is among a number of tenants in the building.

Officials initially said they thought the elevator had fallen two floors.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
Tssss Tssss, she thought she was climbing the corporate ladder and it turns out she fell down the corporate shaft or sumtin

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Good thing she died, it would have been impossible to lift her spirits.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Her body was dragged into the shaft? How exactly does that work? She must have been hamburger by the end of the whole event. Yeesh.

unklewilly

Nov 13, 2006
Christ dont let Fez see this. He'll never stop crying on an elevator...or in real life

afternoonquil

Apology Ostrich
Apr 2, 2011
Please take my legs to floor five and my head to nine.

DJ Evel Ed

MayYourCumCrustedCocksBeConstantlyCoveredInCunt
Nov 30, 2003
Up your ass!
Two people who were on the elevator were taken to a hospital to be evaluated for psychological trauma but weren't physically injured, Fire Department officials said.
I wonder if there's elevator video of this because it sounds like she was ripped in half from her vagina up. Eww.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Two people who were on the elevator were taken to a hospital to be evaluated for psychological trauma but weren't physically injured, Fire Department officials said.
In retrospect, they feel just awful about hitting the "close door" button as she was getting on the elevator.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
In retrospect, they feel just awful about hitting the "close door" button as she was getting on the elevator.
I imagine them just screaming as she's being torn apart and a muzak version of "The Girl from Ipanema" plays in the background.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
I imagine them just screaming as she's being torn apart and a muzak version of "The Girl from Ipanema" plays in the background.
I'm envisioning that scenario in my head via a grainy black and white overhead security camera shot. I also imagine they were mischievously pushing ALL the buttons right above their floor right before she got on.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
Holy fuck, how painful must that have been? Hopefully she passed out quickly and didn't feel the anything after the intial leg crush
The only thing worse is being one of the people in the elevator at the time. Then when the elevator is stuck you're just sitting there in the corner trying not to look at the lifeless torso or the blood pool slowly creeping its way towards you while that awful elevator music is playing.

bill333

Go Screw!
Mar 23, 2005
Orange County,NY - Hudson Valley
one of them probably said "great, not this cunt again"
Oh you just know there is going to be some underlying guilt. Think the last thought on her mind was "If I just waited for the next one"?

I usually do the gentlemanly thing and hold the door for people getting on, hope I keep this in mind

It mentioned about problems with the elevators so you can imagine the lawsuit coming. What the hell happned to the safety sensor when something is in the door? I have a friend who works on elevators in the city, I'm going to ask him if he has to do any work at this one. He's told me about seeing some nasty shit in them.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Smart business woman, my ass. How bout you bring your legs in the elevator with you before the door closes?

There is a security cam of her at the moment of catastrophe...

[nsfw]
[/nsfw]

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
I wonder if there's elevator video of this because it sounds like she was ripped in half from her vagina up. Eww.
The only thing worse is being one of the people in the elevator at the time. Then when the elevator is stuck you're just sitting there in the corner trying not to look at the lifeless torso or the blood pool slowly creeping its way towards you while that awful elevator music is playing.

May 24, 2004
Queens, NY
I'm always afraid that if I was a witness to a horrible tragedy like this, the rescuers would find me laughing hysterically a the whole thing like a maniac.

afternoonquil

Apology Ostrich
Apr 2, 2011
I'm always afraid that if I was a witness to a horrible tragedy like this, the rescuers would find me laughing hysterically a the whole thing like a maniac.

I just retired from #shredding
I've been dethroned