Woman shot in the head handing assault rifle to husband

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Witnesses: Anastasia Adair was handing assault rifle to husband when it fired, striking her in head
Police: Couple, friends were drinking in garage

Anastasia Adair (right) and husband, Shane Adair, who also goes by Dana.
(Photo courtesy: Facebook)

Posted: 05/16/2013
Last Updated: 2 days ago

Alan Gathright

FEDERAL HEIGHTS, Colo. - Witnesses tell police a Federal Heights woman was killed when the new assault rifle she was showing to friends accidentally fired on Tuesday night

Witnesses and the husband told police the group had been drinking in the garage of the couple's home at 10024 Elliot St. when 22-year-old Anastasia Adair, a new gun enthusiast, went upstairs to a bedroom to get her recently purchased assault rifle.

Anastasia was walking back down the stairs into the garage when she reached out to hand the rifle to her husband, Shane Adair, who was below her on the stairs. The gun fired, striking her in the head, two witnesses and the husband told police.

Shane Adair told police he's not sure if he touched the gun as his wife reached out to hand it to him, Federal Heights Police Lt. Gary Toldness said. The gun fired a second time as the wounded woman fell forward on the stairs and her husband caught her in his arms, but that shot didn't hit anyone, police said.

Anastasia was transported by ambulance to Denver Health Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead, Toldness said.

The incident occurred around 10:40 p.m. Tuesday.

The trajectory of the fatal shot appears consistent with witnesses' accounts of an accidental shooting, Federal Heights Police Lt. Gary Toldness said. But he said that the investigation continues and it may take months to complete ballistics tests and analysis of the bullet trajectory.

Toldness said the couple had been firing the rifle the day before the fatal shooting and Shane Adair told investigators it had a light trigger pull.

Anastasia Adair bought the assault rifle at the Tanner Gun Show in March, Toldness said. He didn't know the specific model, but said it looked like an AK-47-type rifle.

The couple and their friends were socializing in the garage, where their Harley Davidson motorcycles are parked, Toldness said. Shane Adair works as a tattoo artist.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...to-husband-when-it-fired-striking-her-in-head
BAN DRUNK WIVES!!!

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
AK47? Probably an SKS. SKS has a notoriously bad trigger when they get used often. Accidental discharges are not common but absolutely not rare. Generally the trigger on an AK-47 is pretty solid in terms of pull and reliability.

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff
Dec 6, 2004
Lower Bucks Co, PA
Shitty fucking reporting, yet managed to cover the points that gun grabbers always loose their shit about. AK, assault rifle and gun show.

How many times in the article did it say the gun fired? 4? 5? I'd bet my paycheck that it didn't fire on it's own. It fired when the trigger was pulled. Keep your booger picker off the bang switch and you don't have that problem.

Also, when drinking, you shouldn't really be handling your firearms. I will admit to doing that though.

Lastly, when you are about to show your weapon to others, it should be unloaded and checked clear.

It wasn't the AK, it was Darwinism.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
They broke a lot of rules for safe firearms handling and paid the ultimate price for that fuck up.

Gorilla Pimp

Popped a molly i'm sweatin, WOO
Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
so she was handing the gun to her husband with the safety off and the barrel pointed right at her face?

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff
Dec 6, 2004
Lower Bucks Co, PA
They broke a lot of rules for safe firearms handling and paid the ultimate price for that fuck up.
It wasn't that. It was because it was a scary assault rifle that was purchased at a gun show. Ugh.

That reporter needs to be accidentally shot.

I have NEVER handed a loaded firearm to another human being EXCEPT when at a range. Even in those cases, it is ALWAYS accompanied by "gun is loaded, safety is on".

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
RULE 1
ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

The only exception to this occurs when one has a weapon in his hands and he has personally unloaded it for checking. As soon as he puts it down, Rule 1 applies again.​
RULE 2
NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY

You may not wish to destroy it, but you must be clear in your mind that you are quite ready to if you let that muzzle cover the target. To allow a firearm to point at another human being is a deadly threat, and should always be treated as such.​
RULE 3
KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER TIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

This we call the Golden Rule because its violation is responsible for about 80 percent of the firearms disasters we read about.​

RULE 4
BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET

You never shoot at anything until you have positively identified it. You never fire at a shadow, or a sound, or a suspected presence. You shoot only when you know absolutely what you are shooting at and what is beyond it.
Rules to live by.​

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
Buster stole my line. Booger picker, bang switch, etc.

Also, enough with calling every "evil" rifle a fucking assault rifle. If it doesn't have the group therapy option, its not a fucking assault rifle.

Pew = rifle
Pew. Pew. Pew. = rifle
Pewpewpew = assault rifle.

Sent from the USS Sulaco.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Silverdale, WA
I've already gone 10 rounds with the usual libtards on my Facebook page over this story. Apparently it's grounds for removal of guns from everyone because one person is an irresponsible owner. Applying that logic to any other inanimate object seems to fly right by their glazed looks however. In short, letting this woman have a loaded weapon in her position is akin to giving an 18 year old keys to a Ferrari on a rainy day or letting a handyman install a new electrical outlet without turning off the circuit breaker.

Ban Handymen!

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
I've already gone 10 rounds with the usual libtards on my Facebook page over this story. Apparently it's grounds for removal of guns from everyone because one person is an irresponsible owner. Applying that logic to any other inanimate object seems to fly right by their glazed looks however. In short, letting this woman have a loaded weapon in her position is akin to giving an 18 year old keys to a Ferrari on a rainy day or letting a handyman install a new electrical outlet without turning off the circuit breaker.

Ban Handymen!
Or banning peanut butter because it can kill people who have a peanut allergy

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Dont forget the harleys they go with the beer a.d assault rilles