Women... BB and FEZ MAN, help.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
So a few weeks ago I got the new 2011 F-150 Lariat with the chrome 18" wheels.

A couple days ago my wife pulled a woman, and now it's got a spare on the front driver's side and the rim is way out of round. It's fucked.

So long story short I started looking up prices for the rim by itself, and I'm looking at quite a bit of cash, close to $500 in some cases just for the wheel. I could go after-market and get a whole damn set for that, so that's pretty much my question.

I know I'm out for a tire, so with a new 275 65 18 Wrangler that's going to be around $200 installed by itself, but it seems I could sell off my other 3 OEM chrome rims and pretty much by a brand new set of four and damn near profit from the whole situation. Any suggestions on where to look for better deals? Who do you guys go through for deals on stuff like this?

Bonus mode, it's pulling to the left something fierce. She hit an entrance ramp curb in a construction zone (VERY narrow curbs on some of them, she's really not a shitty driver... Usually) doing about 60. What can I expect when I take it in for alignment and possible damage tomorrow? It still drives well other than the pulling, but I'm worried about a bent steering component, and I heard a pronounced pop today when turning the wheel to an extreme.

I'm buying a fucking Fusion for her to drive from now on. She tends to take the indestructibility of 4X4s a bit too literally.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
id try to find a wheel repair shop and see if it can be fixed first.

if not, try to find an aftermarket knockoff if one exists - or check out ebay/craigs/local junkyard.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Take your lug wrench and jack to the parking garage tonight and solve your problem. Don't forget a cinder block.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Take your lug wrench and jack to the parking garage tonight and solve your problem. Don't forget a cinder block.
Lol, that's not a bad idea. I could go close enough to South Dallas where there's no way they'd ever suspect a white fella like me.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
id try to find a wheel repair shop and see if it can be fixed first.

if not, try to find an aftermarket knockoff if one exists - or check out ebay/craigs/local junkyard.
Eh, junkyard maybe... There's a nice chunk taken out of the exterior of the wheel, and it's pretty well out of round. Like I said, 4X4 F-150 vs concrete at 60.

I'm honestly more worried about the possible damage. I drove it about 20 miles today, but the popping when I turned to an extreme made my hair stand up.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
I'm honestly more worried about the possible damage. I drove it about 20 miles today, but the popping when I turned to an extreme made my hair stand up.
That sounds like the CV joint got fucked up. Not even sure if it's the same on a big 4x4, but I fucked mine up on a Toyota years ago and the wheel fell right the fuck off when I jerked it real hard backing up. I had known it was going out but just kept putting it off.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
check craigs list for "take offs" or try keystone/lkq for a replacement rim or the same style they "rebuild" them, basically they get them from junk yards and refinish them. your going to have to take it to an alignment shop and find out what else she broke or bent if your lucky its only a control arm. worst case is she fucked up the rack, you might want to turn it into your insurance company and take the 500$ hit to make sure its going to get fixed right, there's no telling what else she screwed up, i would get a true professional opinion on this one.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I plan on it, I'm taking it in tomorrow. I've got a guy a few blocks away that I know from the days of my dad slinging Snap-On, so I trust him.

He's just not in the office much these days... And every once in awhile I get hooked up with one of his over-charging dipshits, so it's good to know what I'm talking about.

She did something like this years ago to my Impala SS, and she bent a steering knuckle. I ended up just maxing out the alignment and dealing with a very slight alignment issue... Better than the $700 replacement for a 5 mm problem. In this event, though, she hit a curb, not a direct shot, so I'm hoping it's more straight forward this time.

Edit: And I've got a good line on some take-offs already, there's one on eBay that's a perfect match for $200 including shipping. I'm more worried about the potential damage to the axle/steering/front end assemblies.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
I'd guarantee you have some suspension damage. I agree with Fez man. I'd just turn it in
to the ins company. You'll be better off in the long run. My kid recently did a hit like that
and it was a 4500 dollar tab.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
More importantly, does your wife have one black eye or two? :D

A few years back I got a factory Ford alloy wheel that was damaged by a curb hit repaired at a local rim repair shop. They did a hell of a job. I was making at turn down the street from my old place and hit some black ice and slid through the intersection into the curb.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
I'd guarantee you have some suspension damage. I agree with Fez man. I'd just turn it in
to the ins company. You'll be better off in the long run. My kid recently did a hit like that
and it was a 4500 dollar tab.
$3200 for what that teenager did to my chicks car... added bonus since she drove it for like 20 miles with the front end fucked up I had to replace the tires.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
$3200 bucks? Holy shit. Hope she's mucking the stalls for free.
Well turns out she might have a penchant for certain pharmaceuticals... oh and extra special bonus when we got the car back turns out someone had puked up a pinkish pill in the trunk area... oh an really $3800 when you add in the new tires...

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
If it helps with snap internet diagnosis, there's no visible signs of damage on anything but the rim. Nothing on the suspension or steering mechanisms has any sign of trauma that I can see.

user_name

Mar 1, 2011
I think it's time for a new wife this one is clearly defective

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
If it helps with snap internet diagnosis, there's no visible signs of damage on anything but the rim. Nothing on the suspension or steering mechanisms has any sign of trauma that I can see.
Doesn't matter. If you're getting a wicked pull and hearing a popping noise,
you bent shit up and it's never cheap. If you have a $500 deductible, it's
cheaper to just call the ins co and deal with it.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
http://www.fixrim.com/dallas.php

I have used them in Houston for wheel repairs on insurance claims, no complaints and it costs about $150.00. Good luck bro.
I'll check it out, but from what I've seen I'll be able to get a rim for about that from eBay or similar.

Take it to dealer and say you got it like that! bumper to bumper warrenty!
That's the worst part... It's sitting at a mechanic right now and it still has dealer plates on it. Fucking tragic.

I honestly can't blame her too much, the construction on the Tollway is a fucking nightmare. Concrete barriers and pylons everywhere, barely a foot or two of clearance between the barriers and they're not even laid out straight to begin with... It's seriously horrible.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Doesn't matter. If you're getting a wicked pull and hearing a popping noise,
you bent shit up and it's never cheap. If you have a $500 deductible, it's
cheaper to just call the ins co and deal with it.
It's sitting at the mechanic's now, I'm waiting for the call. I'll post the estimate and see if it's reasonable.

I'd rather write a check than raise our insurance (I fucking HATE insurance)... But if we're talking $4k+ I'll go that route.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Since it's a hit that doesn't involve another vehicle, there's a good chance that
you won't see a rate increase. A collision claim that doesn't involve any other
property damage or injury claims is way different than a big wreck.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Oh wow, really? Well fuck it, if I can squeeze some dimes out of some ass hole insurance company, not like I'm not due.

Another thing, I was talking to my mechanic buddy while he was there and he's checking on whether or not I can capitalize on the hail storms last week to claim the hail damage it had from the dealership. (I got it from a nasty hail sale, and a storm hit Dallas the next week)

If I could get all that done at once it'd be ideal as hell.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
The dealer could have filed a claim themselves and pocketed the loot instead of fixing it.