OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Worst Alibi ever (but it worked so far)

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Jims Rottweiler, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Jims Rottweiler

Jims Rottweiler Anyone ever smell my ass?

The Perp says he just happened to go into this girl's dorm room, where he finds her lying dead on the floor. Naturally, he decides to masturbate over her body. He then leaves but doesn't bother to tell anyone about the dead girl (perhaps because people might think he did it).

Additional facts: The perp is black, one of the two holdout jurors is black. The black juror tells the press that she isn't convinced he was in the room before she died (even though his semen is found in the room on her body, and he is recorded on surveillance cameras leaving her dorm room with one of her Christmas presents).

Coincidentally, the perp's name in Orange (but his middle name is not Juice).

The whole story:

Hung jury in EMU murder trial
    'There was doubt that she was killed,' says 1 holdout juror
    Darren A. Nichols / The Detroit News
    ANN ARBOR -- Two holdout jurors were enough Tuesday to declare a hung jury and mistrial in a sensational **** and murder case that led to the firing of Eastern Michigan University's president.

Orange Taylor III, 21, of Southfield smiled and gave his family a fist pump after the panel of 11 women and one man announced it couldn't reach a verdict about claims he ***** and suffocated student Laura Dickinson in her dorm room Dec. 13.

A retrial is set for Jan. 28. Tuesday's decision added a new twist to a case that's been peculiar from the start and prompted the Board of Regents to fire President John Fallon on claims administrators covered up a murder.

But one of two hold-out jurors said she's not convinced Dickinson was killed. Taylor's defense called no witnesses, but his lawyer argued the ex-student was unfortunate in being in the room of the 22-year-old Hastings woman who had a heart condition.

"The difficulty was placing the defendant at the scene before the victim was found dead," said Lauretta Codrington of Ann Arbor, who owns a sports management business. She said another juror also voted against convicting Taylor. "There was doubt that she was killed. I was in doubt that she was killed."

Dickinson's family, who waited for months before university officials informed them they believed their daughter was murdered, seemed stunned and left the courtroom without comment.

So did Washtenaw County Assistant Prosecutor Blaine Longsworth, whose case centered on DNA evidence of Taylor found on Dickinson and video surveillance that showed him entering the room around the time of her death and leaving with one of her Christmas presents. A janitor found her, half-naked and with a pillow on her head, Dec. 15.

"We feel that the prosecution never proved the case," said Genero Cofield, Taylor's older brother. "A mistrial is definitely better than a guilty verdict. We feel Orange Taylor will be vindicated of all of the charges when we go back to trial. We do not believe Orange Taylor had anything to do with the death of Laura Dickinson."

Taylor was returned to Washtenaw County Jail after the mistrial.

The jury began deliberations Friday after the weeklong trial. Jurors initially indicated they were at loggerheads about 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, but reviewed evidence for about five more hours.

About 4 p.m., the jury forewoman informed Circuit Judge Archie Brown they were "hopelessly deadlocked." The jury could have convicted Taylor of first- or second-degree murder.

"I don't believe my son is guilty of murder and ****. He is not that person," said Orange Taylor II. "We hope this thing will end soon as possible."

Defense attorney Alvin Keel maintained the medical examiner did not have the cause of death until a day before Taylor's preliminary examination in March. Dickinson also had a pre-existing heart condition that was never checked, Keel said.

Keel admitted Taylor and Dickinson crossed paths when he entered her room, coming across her and pleasuring himself by her half-naked body. He had been smoking marijuana. "He was at the wrong place at the wrong time," Cofield said. "We're not condoning the things that he may have been guilty of, but we claim that he is not guilty of the murder of Laura Dickinson."

University officials initially announced that foul play wasn't suspected in the death, but eventually the case set off a firestorm that led the Board of Regents to fire Fallon this summer. Two other administrators also were ousted.

Fallon sued the university this month, claiming he was let go because he was about to expose wrongdoing.

The death also led to a Department of Education probe into whether EMU violated the federal Cleary Act, which requires colleges to alert students of safety threats.

Both that and a review by a Detroit law firm found numerous problems with the university's response.

"We would like to see this thing come to an end," said Jim Stapleton, an EMU regent. "It hurts the Dickinson family's ability to bring closure and the university's ability to bring closure."

But he added the mistrial doesn't "hamper the university's ability to move forward."

"We mourn and will continue to mourn her death," he said. "We've pledged to make our campus safer and talk about the good things that are going on at EMU."

Staff Writer Marisa Schultz contributed to this report. You can reach Darren A. Nichols at (734) 462-2190 or dnichols@detnews.com.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007710240388

2. Kris_LTRMa

Kris_LTRMa LoseTheRadio.net's Ma

Daddy doesn't think his son is the kind of person who could be guilty of ****** & murdering a girl. Wonder if he has a problem with him being a pot smoking necrophiliac.

3. TheDrip

TheDrip I'm bi-winning.

You can say that again.

4. WhiteHonkyDevil

WhiteHonkyDevil El hombre de los moleculos!

I seriously can't believe this shit has gone on as long as it has. I was watching the trial last week, noting how the defense has brought NOTHING to the table on it, and figured it would've been long over by now, and certainly not with these results.

Fuckin' Ann Arbor...wouldn't have mattered if it were an all-white jury, SOMEONE on the jury would've still been on the kid's side...that's just the way they roll there.

5. Creampier

Creampier I have to return some videotapes!

Exactly!! Even he was wrongly accused of ****** and killing a girl, that alibi is awful! I would have no family in the back of the court room to pump my fist to if I admitted I jacked off and blew my load onto a dead girl. They'd have fucking disowned me long before that!

Although it's self-destructive 98% of the time, I admit I'm envious of the support system these scummy naggers have. If I ever commit something half as heinous as this homey, I hope 1/10 the amount of people this guy has will stick up for me.

6. Kris_LTRMa

x2

7. TreeFortRichard

i don't know the facts of the case, but what did the autopsy show? Why/how did he gain access to her room? Were they friends? They say r@pe, but he came on her dead body? Was his dna found inside her? His epithelials? He could just be a jacking wierdo...

8. Sprite

Sprite permanent case of the Moooondays

Call me crazy, but I suspect foul play.

9. Jims Rottweiler

Jims Rottweiler Anyone ever smell my ass?

Yeah, I have the same doubts. The facts that her tampon was found across the room from her nude body, that his semen was found on her inner thigh, that there is surveillance video of him at the scene and that his own attorney admits that he left semen on the victim's body, is not enough for me.

He is just the most unlucky motherfucker the world has even known, and the above is all a terrible coincidence.

PS I think OJ didn't do it, either.

10. norton23

norton23 Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End

was the dead girl white

11. Kris_LTRMa

12. weakside

weakside He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.

If you keep an open mind you do bring up some good arguments. I went to college with a couple of sick fucks that would have thought nothing of jacking off onto a girl that they though was passed out. It is college after all, and people passing out happens all the time.

But then I found this line from the story...

"Two days later, a custodian found Dickinson, 22, of Hastings with a pillow over her. DNA evidence was found on her thigh implicating Taylor, prosecutors said."

That is evidence of a sexual assault, not a heart condition.

13. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

i would have been charged with assault and battery of a fellow juror, that way it would have been a miss trial and not a hung jury